Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-05-2014, 05:16 PM   #1
funtime09
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default My fight

I thought it was a good fight watching it back but at times I waited on ropes too much. There was no clear winner I defo thought I won it tho. But I still feel I gave a good account of myself an I will be back. An I didn't spit my gumshield out intentionally I was struggling to breathe I thought I was gonna swallow it never been in that position before. Hopefully frank can make a rematch. I want to be back out in October my face has healed well already. Hands are ok. I need to work on something's an that I will thanks for support people.
funtime09 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #2
jonny v
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: My fight

Mate you showed ballux of steel to get up. I wouldv spat me gum sheild out of the ring. I know its a bit of an old cliche but this can only make you better next time out IF you dont let it piss you off too much and are able to move on. Good luck and maybe dont rush into an immediate rematch and put unnecessary pressure on yerself.
jonny v is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #3
DJA26
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by funtime09 View Post
I thought it was a good fight watching it back but at times I waited on ropes too much. There was no clear winner I defo thought I won it tho. But I still feel I gave a good account of myself an I will be back. An I didn't spit my gumshield out intentionally I was struggling to breathe I thought I was gonna swallow it never been in that position before. Hopefully frank can make a rematch. I want to be back out in October my face has healed well already. Hands are ok. I need to work on something's an that I will thanks for support people.
You fought your heart out mate, I had you winning (just) but it could have gone either way.
DJA26 is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #4
Kaiser

vCash: 1188

It was a hard fight, I'm sure you will learn and improve from this defeat. All the best for the future Frankie you're a talented fighter.
Kaiser is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #5
Dom-baller
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1334

Quote:
absolutely! I was saying to myself during the fight that you were doing what degale's been doing for last couple of years and sitting on the ropes for too long, therefore giving your opponent the upper hand, especially to the untrained eye. can I ask what the reason was for you spending too much time on the ropes?
and well done for getting up from that body shot, you showed a tremendous fighting spirit and should be proud of yourself
Dom-baller is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 05:54 PM   #6
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Fair play Frankie.

Best of luck going forward.
Solaris is online now  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #7
Murka
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
Fair play Frankie.

Best of luck going forward.

Quote:
Are you serious? He's 29, not beaten anyone outside of domestic level and that wasn't a time for doom and gloom?

He's been touted by so many as a future world champion (I've no idea why) and in a fight he'd be expected to win comfortably he gets deservedly beaten.

Where does he go from here?

Hell Purdy put up a better fight than Gavin imo.
Changed ya tune eh you arse kissing cowardly sad cunt
Murka is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #8
Solaris
Belt holder
ESB Addict

In what way have I changed my tune? I think he is painfully overrated by most, but fair play to him for having the courage to post on here admitting his mistakes and thanking those who supported him.
Solaris is online now  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 06:20 PM   #9
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
First of all, it was a very good fight so thank you to you and Bundu for being warriors in there.

I did a live RBR scoring of the fight:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I had you winning rds 1-5 and Bundu winning 6-10 and then you winning 11 and 12 which meant you won 114-113 on my card but there were a couple of close rds so Bundu winning is a fair result too.

For me you looked World class in those first 5 rds especially when you kept the fight in the centre of the ring. It did look like you switched off in the 6th rd and allowed yourself to be caught on the ropes which resulted in the body shot that Bundu hit you with.

I think you didn't have your legs for the next few rds and took a bit of pounding off Bundu but then in the 11th you seemed to get back to your boxing and win that rd and the 12th too.

I definately think you would win the rematch if you fought a more disciplined focused fight and kept the fight in the centre of the ring as much as possible. I remember Freddie Roach telling Pac during the Cotto fight that whenever he felt the ring ropes against his back to move away immediately and i think you need to do the same in the rematch.

Don't feel too down about this defeat, i think you can come back strongly from it as long as you change a few things in your training camp and preparation for the fight.

Good luck if you do get the rematch.
Terminator_X is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #10
Terminator_X
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Not always a fan of this guy but he does make some good points in the vid that might help you in the rematch.

BORKED
Terminator_X is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #11
saintsmike
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
You should make the fight less about you and credit Bundu for putting in an excellent performance. Be a gentlemen and a good loser and that way you'll gain alot more fans.

Also if you do lose, you have to react with grace because no disrespect Frankie, but you should know you'll one day be on the end of some awful decisions. But the best always find a way to keep going regardless of what boxing throws at them.

I think you shouldn't go for a rematch straight away, you need to fight a couple of solid come forward fighters and then go for Bundu, he's a very very good fighter as you know, also he's probably put himself inline for a world title tilt, after beating both Purdy and yourself.

Learn from the defeat and come back even stronger.
saintsmike is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #12
punk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Work your ****ing arse off and make the most of that talent!!
punk is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #13
Dragon Punch
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Go on Frankie kid - get frank to bring Bundu back over straight away if you feel in your heart you can beat him. I would lay a sizeable bet on you shanding him on his head in a rematch - just keep the fcuker In the centre of the ring as much as possible and he'll be in no mans land.
Dragon Punch is online now  Top
Old 08-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #14
Whiteman2000

has to work on punch power as unless the top levels respect your dig, you are going to get smothered and beaten - obviously punch power varies per individual and can only reach a point, but if Gavin had the power of Brook or someone similar, he would already be a world champion
Whiteman2000 is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2014, 12:24 AM   #15
sniffmybadger
trust me I'm a stomach
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Onwards and upwards

Have a rest and come back stronger!
sniffmybadger is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum