Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
Slicknick56
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Hopkins will break Wrights ribs

idk if any of u remember young hopkins but he is a vicious body puncher. one of the best in the game. also, his best punch has always been the right hand and especially the lead right hand. this is a perfect fighter for hopkins to display all the attribute he has once again. i cant wait for wright to put his hands up and this b hop bangs away at the boydy with perfect accurate shots and breaks his ribs. then when wrights hands go down hopkins will hit him with that right all night long.

Hopkins takes this fight.

he is the smartest fighter of this generation and one of the craftiest of all time.
Slicknick56 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2007, 02:46 PM   #2
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Default Re: Hopkins will break Wrights ribs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicknick56
idk if any of u remember young hopkins but he is a vicious body puncher. one of the best in the game. also, his best punch has always been the right hand and especially the lead right hand. this is a perfect fighter for hopkins to display all the attribute he has once again. i cant wait for wright to put his hands up and this b hop bangs away at the boydy with perfect accurate shots and breaks his ribs. then when wrights hands go down hopkins will hit him with that right all night long.

he is the smartest fighter of this generation and one of the craftiest of all time.
Sure I remember Young Hopkins. Why? Is he gonna be there tomorrow to see Old Hopkins get his ass kicked???
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
Shareef
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

Winky has very long arms proportionally to his body thus his entire body is usually covered as he has his hands up high. Hopkins isn't the same aggressive fighter he used to be he aint breaking no body's ribs. However Wright will break his ego once he puts his ass into retirement.
Shareef is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 03:22 PM   #4
maurer

You're talking about a Hopkins that hasn't been seen in years.This version is a fraud who has conned people into thinking he's a reincarnation of Pep,Armsrtong and the real all time greats.
maurer is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by maurer
You're talking about a Hopkins that hasn't been seen in years.This version is a fraud who has conned people into thinking he's a reincarnation of Pep,Armsrtong and the real all time greats.
Wow, I have never heard even a Felix Trinidad fan refer to Hopkins as a "Fraud". Even most people who hate Bernard will at least give him respect as a fighter. I have to disagree with you on that comment, Maurer.
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #6
Slicknick56
Contender
ESB Senior Member

ok but the fact fo the matter is

hopkins is the better fighter period.
Slicknick56 is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #7
DoumB
HOYA KO1 PRESSCOT
ESB Senior Member

exacly what I pointed out in another thread, B-HOP is gonna bang that body till the hands drops and thats when the straigh right bombs will come
DoumB is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 04:54 PM   #8
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:

Hopkins does the same in his old age but LESS. He is more measured and calculated! Young X definitely beats Wright but in his old age can he stand the heat in the condition? Quartey, Tito, Mosley and others couldn't. Someone as big as Taylor just about could because youth pulled him through. At 35 or so, Wright fights a young mans fight. He fought his most youthful fight in his last bout too!

Wright blocks his body and head at the same time, as he opens his gloves up.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 05:30 PM   #9
justaboxingfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareef
Winky has very long arms proportionally to his body thus his entire body is usually covered as he has his hands up high. Hopkins isn't the same aggressive fighter he used to be he aint breaking no body's ribs. However Wright will break his ego once he puts his ass into retirement.

Hey Shareef, welcome to ESB by the way, whos the fighter in your avatar, it looks wicked. As for the fight, my head says Hopkins but my heart says Winky, I'm not putting any money though its a 50/50 fight if you ask me
justaboxingfan is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 05:39 PM   #10
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

It is Hearns in his avatar.

It is true that Wright has quite long arms. A bit like Hagler did.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 06:39 PM   #11
justaboxingfan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Cool painting, it almost looks vintage-like.

Wrights arms look really long but if I remeber right, no pun, his arm length was listed at 25 inches which is normal for his height. I think the way he holds his hands up may be misleading visually or his forearms arm abnormally longer than his upper arm.
justaboxingfan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum