Old 07-20-2007, 10:30 PM   #46
Pat_Lowe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: First Fight Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doppleganger
Please don't start doing a Naz, "I'm gonna be a legend!", well at least until you've had a few more fights anyway.
Haha, I'm just kidding, or am I...
Pat_Lowe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2007, 10:34 PM   #47
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_Lowe
The nerves were pretty bad, those last 10 minutes leading up the fight. I was walking around in normal clothes up until the event started and they just come up and say "you're up next". So it was hurried but I got time to warm up and shit. You're nervous right up until that first bell goes then it all stops, the crowd gets blocked out, everything. The best thing in the fight though was that 1 minute break because, when I train my trainer has the timer rest set for 30 seconds. So that minute feels like forever and after about 30 or 35 seconds I'm ready to go again and was standing. Did you ever compete Sal?

It is strange that network boxing dissapeared. If I recall wasn't De La Hoya pretty much the last person to be promoted on free-to-air TV. If so look at what it resulted in, one of the biggest draws of the last 15 years. Just shows how much of a difference it makes. I imagine if they put boxing back on it could and would be a ratings winner, the right bouts just have to be made, like this Vasquez-Marquez II fight coming up would be perfect. Its almost guaranteed to be a war and would be a great showcase. In recent times wasn't a Tarver fight ment to be on ABC sometime this year. Thats what I remember

...........I was 22-8 as an amateur, yeah. Not really any good, as soon as I stepped up to even decent regional competition I pretty much got outclassed, but eh.......whaddya do.
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 11:02 PM   #48
Pat_Lowe
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsanchezfan
...........I was 22-8 as an amateur, yeah. Not really any good, as soon as I stepped up to even decent regional competition I pretty much got outclassed, but eh.......whaddya do.
Hmm I think thats a pretty decent record, what period of time was that over? I'm hoping to fight real often, I just need more sparring and practice. My fitness is really good but I still have quite a few little bad habits like blinking when a punch is thrown and dropping my hands a bit. Those kind of things.
Pat_Lowe is offline  Top
Old 07-20-2007, 11:07 PM   #49
salsanchezfan
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat_Lowe
Hmm I think thats a pretty decent record, what period of time was that over? I'm hoping to fight real often, I just need more sparring and practice. My fitness is really good but I still have quite a few little bad habits like blinking when a punch is thrown and dropping my hands a bit. Those kind of things.

..........This was '85-'86. I hear ya about dropping the hands. The next right hand I slip will be the first.

Of course you still have bad habits. You've had one sanctioned fight. This is how it's supposed to be. You know how it goes, you know the history. Train, train, train.......
salsanchezfan is offline  Top
Old 07-21-2007, 07:54 AM   #50
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Great start Pat, happy to see things went well.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum