Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #121
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: FREE LIVE STREAM, young prospects in action: Marrone vs Pianeta, Huck, and Frenke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Huck didnt even try to connect with some body shots in his title shot against Cunningham. Styles make fights! I wouldnt match Huck with Ding right now,but he can give hell to most fighters out there.
Of course there are some fighters on which I would surely bet my money against Huck,but the young fellow can compete-successfully-with most of rivals at cruiser weight IMO.
Some people here are far too harsh on him.You should watch some of Wlodarczyk's, Kraj's, or Macca's fights!
Styles do make fights and Huck's defensive Flaws arent getting him to the top

I've seen some fights of those you speak and was even influenced a bit by Hucks performance vs Wlodarczk. Dont think much of any of them. Hucks the best of the bunch but I'm not real hopeful.
C Money is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #122
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: FREE LIVE STREAM, young prospects in action: Marrone vs Pianeta, Huck, and Frenke

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
Styles do make fights and Huck's defensive Flaws arent getting him to the top

I've seen some fights of those you speak and was even influenced a bit by Hucks performance vs Wlodarczk. Dont think much of any of them. Hucks the best of the bunch but I'm not real hopeful.
Wlodarczyk????????

Huck showed a great fight against Tokarev. Lets not forget that Tokarev is a genuine top gun who would beat the living shit out of most of his rivals!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:19 PM   #123
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Wlodarczyk????????

Huck showed a great fight against Tokarev. Lets not forget that Tokarev is a genuine top gun who would beat the living shit out of most of his rivals!
My fault, I meant Tokarev. Was also thinking of Cunnigham vs Wlodczark.
C Money is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:38 PM   #124
jamel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C Money
The stoppage was fine and KIND

WTF was Marrone gonna do? Stumble around off balance, hands down, playing heavy bag? Whats the point. He was on QUEER STREET and hadnt done a damn thing
I would have let the fight go on until Marrone was floored then stopped it if he got up and stumbled like that. To be honest Marrone was winning the fight up to that point and although not that good at least showed Pianeta to be rubbish also, nobody need to bother following him because the first decent fighter Pianeta's 0 will go.

As for the main event Kasanic was tougher than I thought and I am sure Huck was not expecting this either. Huck has shown himself to be a b-level Cruiser he will be a good test for upcoming fighters and could fight in an eliminator, maybe he will even get another title shot but I do not see him beating any of the top tier cruisers, Frenkel looks to be much better but of course his opposition at this point has been weak, former champ now 43 Arthur Weathers probably the biggest name hes fought so far and that was one sided.
jamel is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:43 PM   #125
Serenata
Fit und geimpft
ESB Addict

vCash: 1678

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamel
I would have let the fight go on until Marrone was floored then stopped it if he got up and stumbled like that. To be honest Marrone was winning the fight up to that point and although not that good at least showed Pianeta to be rubbish also, nobody need to bother following him because the first decent fighter Pianeta's 0 will go....
Winning the fight up to that point? It was the second round and in the first Pianeta was just waiting for his opponent to make the first mistake which he did in the 2nd. A bit early to have Marrone winning...
Serenata is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 07:57 PM   #126
jamel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenata
Winning the fight up to that point? It was the second round and in the first Pianeta was just waiting for his opponent to make the first mistake which he did in the 2nd. A bit early to have Marrone winning...
so you agree then
jamel is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #127
C Money
Paul McCloskey
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamel
I would have let the fight go on until Marrone was floored then stopped it if he got up and stumbled like that. To be honest Marrone was winning the fight up to that point and although not that good at least showed Pianeta to be rubbish also, nobody need to bother following him because the first decent fighter Pianeta's 0 will go.

As for the main event Kasanic was tougher than I thought and I am sure Huck was not expecting this either. Huck has shown himself to be a b-level Cruiser he will be a good test for upcoming fighters and could fight in an eliminator, maybe he will even get another title shot but I do not see him beating any of the top tier cruisers, Frenkel looks to be much better but of course his opposition at this point has been weak, former champ now 43 Arthur Weathers probably the biggest name hes fought so far and that was one sided.
Sorry, Marrone was simply DOGSHIT. Winning? Cant walk that limb Pianeta aint much either and it just shows how little Marrone has.

Kasanic was certainly tough. He could have been more effective at times if his skills were a little better.
C Money is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum