Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 05-18-2008, 01:19 AM   #1
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

vCash: 845
Default Why is so easy for people to judge a guy who was just in his 10th pro fight?

I dont' get it ... I know that Gamboa made some mistakes but alot of fighters do when first entering the pro ranks. This guy hasn't been a pro for a year, yet he's being pick apart as if he's a 10 yr vet.

I think he did good and just like many other fighters he's going to go back to the gym and work on his skills. I think more than anything its the adjustment to the pro level and the quality of sparring opposition.

He's going to be fine ... he's shown to have a solid chin (the knock down was behind the ear) ... good balance ... good speed ... good movements ... and the ability to throw straight punches.

He also has decent power when committing to his punches ...

Its not going to take him getting knocked out to tighten up his fundamentals ... he's not that kinda fighter ... he has experience and the savvy to be above that shit.

A couple of minutes on queer street is going to make him realize ...

But back to the point this guy is only his first year into his pro career and has only 10 fights under his belt ... add to that he's fighting for a regional belt and just won another ... I think its amazing that he's done all of that already.

You guys need to quite criticizing this guy and let him mold into a good pro.
fitzgeraldz is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #2
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

vCash: 845
Default Re: Why is so easy for people to judge a guy who was just in his 10th pro fight?

For the record that wasn't a tough fight for Gamboa ... and a couple more fights and potential bouts with some former champions and gatekeeps will help him along the way to a title shot.

I'm sure (like I said before) a couple minutes on queer street is going make him keep them hands up.
fitzgeraldz is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:21 AM   #3
Boom_Boom
R.I.P Boxing 6/9/12
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Why is so easy for people to judge a guy who was just in his 10th pro fight?

because people have been saying he is the man to beat at 130 and that he would beat Pacquiao as of now
Boom_Boom is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:24 AM   #4
markbrooklyn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

You know how it is on here.. There are alot of know it alls who come out of the woodwork if a fighter alot of people like or say is gonna do good in the future shows a little invincibility. They all wanna talk like they know or knew he wasnt that great and this and that. They don't know jack shit. It was a huge step up for someone with only 9 damn fights. And he actually pretty much dominated the guy and made him look like the elephant man but people still talk shit. Yeah he got knocked down so what? Pac got knocked out cold in his career and lost to some no names that really doesn't mean shit. Give the guy credit for facing such a tough opponent in only his 10th fight. He could of easily faced a bum and padded his record like Khan and Chavez Jr and so many other "prospects"
markbrooklyn is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:25 AM   #5
elindiomonzon
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

a lot of people here in this forum hyped him up a lot, that he was something out of the ordinary(ala roy jones,whitaker,floyd etc), that he will be champ this year and the most insane thing that i read here is that he can beat pacman.that is why they judge him.if the people who hyped him so much didnt do so he will get more much respect.they judge him because of the hype they gave him and for us that we first see him on tv it wasnt nothing out of the ordinary like some people said .by the way he got a lot of talent but stop with the hype please.
elindiomonzon is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:32 AM   #6
Chert
Ringside Potato
ESB Addict

prob is people here are already over-hyping this guy in only his 9th pro fight, declaring that he's already a future P4P #1, more talented than RJJ and other shit. no question that the guy is talented and his success will still come later. but people here are behaving that he is already a boxing "god" and he still hasn't fought a b-level opponent yet.
Chert is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 01:59 AM   #7
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

Pure retaliation for excessive nuthuggery.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 05-18-2008, 02:02 AM   #8
nezy37
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 943

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzgeraldz
For the record that wasn't a tough fight for Gamboa ... and a couple more fights and potential bouts with some former champions and gatekeeps will help him along the way to a title shot.

I'm sure (like I said before) a couple minutes on queer street is going make him keep them hands up.
Well he sure as hell didn't keep his hands up after he got KD. That said with the ability he has I'm not going to write him off as a hype job or whatever.

The thing is with an amature backround like he has wouldn't you expect him to be very polished, technically speaking?
nezy37 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum