Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2008, 12:16 AM   #1
smoochp
Da flyest1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Side Vegas
Posts: 2,042
vCash: 1000
Default Can we all agree

That boxing has been great this year.
UFC needs to step it up as far as fights are concerned
smoochp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2008, 12:35 AM   #2
Quickhands21
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: pittsburgh
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Can we all agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.
UFC needs to go away as far as I'm concerned.
Thats true shit
Quickhands21 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 12:42 AM   #3
smoochp
Da flyest1
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: East Side Vegas
Posts: 2,042
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Can we all agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realspitts
07 & 08 has been great. i went to 3 fights in vegas and bought damn near every ppv event. not to mention espn/hbo/showtime fights... i'm lovin it.



ufc should not be compared to boxing in any catagory.
Realspitts is spiting the the truth
smoochp is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:07 AM   #4
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: manchester,england
Posts: 5,936
vCash: 334
Default Re: Can we all agree

ufc is shit
warrior85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:12 AM   #5
Undisputed P4P
esb FBL & FIFA 12 champ
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,625
vCash: 404
Default Re: Can we all agree

UFC has been shit but i've been dissapointed with boxing, The mexicans have put on some great fights but thats the only thing that has happened, roy jones vs tito was a let down, hopkins beat calzaghe and got robbed. Miguel cotto decides to fight gomez rather than giving mosley a rematch, De la hoya vs Floyd looks as if it is happening.

Lets hope cotto vs margo is good.
Undisputed P4P is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:14 AM   #6
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29,833
vCash: 372
Default Re: Can we all agree

Don't know why the majority are treating this as it's "WWF(back then) vs WCW".
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:15 AM   #7
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Can we all agree

I don't think 2008 has been great so far.

What was the event of the year?
Calzaghe-Hopkins? A fight that was supposed to be a snoozer and turned out to be a snoozer.

Boxing can do better.
Fat Tony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:16 AM   #8
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: manchester,england
Posts: 5,936
vCash: 334
Default Re: Can we all agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
Don't know why the majority are treating this as it's "WWF(back then) vs WCW".


you cant like both you have to choose.wwf was always the best btw
warrior85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #9
Scar
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 29,833
vCash: 372
Default Re: Can we all agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior85
you cant like both you have to choose.wwf was always the best btw
Hate to go off-topic but I just never get bored of that topic!
I was a big-time WWF fan man, don't even want to get into it. Though Kevin Nash(Diesel) was one of my all-time favorites and he moved to WCW so I had to watch WCW here and there till it became full-time because of how entertaining it was and how the WWF started to become a bit boring and typical with their storylines. But something inside me always dragged me to the WWF(where I first started) even when I watched WCW, hell even the WCW games on the Playstation and N64 were classic. Don't watch WWE anymore simply because The Rock(my last favorite) and because, to be honest, it's boring TO DEATH and the stars are just garbage compared to when I used to watch, can't watch low quality junk when you were used to high quality. But yes, you can't like both.
Scar is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #10
warrior85
R.I.P THUNDER
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: manchester,england
Posts: 5,936
vCash: 334
Default Re: Can we all agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar
Hate to go off-topic but I just never get bored of that topic!
I was a big-time WWF fan man, don't even want to get into it. Though Kevin Nash(Diesel) was one of my all-time favorites and he moved to WCW so I had to watch WCW here and there till it became full-time because of how entertaining it was and how the WWF started to become a bit boring and typical with their storylines. But something inside me always dragged me to the WWF(where I first started) even when I watched WCW, hell even the WCW games on the Playstation and N64 were classic. Don't watch WWE anymore simply because The Rock(my last favorite) and because, to be honest, it's boring TO DEATH and the stars are just garbage compared to when I used to watch, can't watch low quality junk when you were used to high quality. But yes, you can't like both.


totally agree ,the best wrestlers in wwe today are taker&hbk which says it all,wcw was no 3 for me behind ecw in the late 90's but their the only company to use the cruiserweights properly.
warrior85 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:33 AM   #11
Fat Tony
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,026
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Can we all agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by theujac
the UFC is for wwf fans who are just reaching puberty.
Fat Tony is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:36 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013