Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 07-20-2007, 09:12 PM   #31
Dempsey1238
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marciano vs. Ali

Well Charles was robbed vs Johnson. So there has been cases were Charles had a win taking away. Mostly Johnson and Walcott 4. Also 17 losses in a 90 bout run is pretty good over all. Charles was fighting near evey week also, so he was bound to lose here or there.
Dempsey1238 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #32
Joe E
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Marciano vs. Ali

The biggest problem Rocky faces is the 13 inch reach dis-advantage.Joe Walcott said Rocky was easy to hit but not to get at with effective punches.Rocky did'nt follow people like Liston did,he worked at angles at times very awkward angles and he could punch with authority from these angles.Check out the Chuvalo fight.George figured out a way to get at Ali,a prime Ali, and so could Rocky.Alis' foot work would be a factor and give Marciano trouble in the earlier rounds but again check the Chuvalo fight.Ali slowed down quite a bit after the 9th.He could not maintain a high level of movement over 15 rds.Would cuts be a factor? Yes.But not a great enough factor to stop the fight or to effect Marciano a great deal.Could Ali pound out a U.D.?Yes.Could Marciano K.O. Ali in the late rds?Yes.It would'nt surprise me to see either man win.I see this as 50/50,although I would'nt bet against Marciano.Thanks.
Joe E is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum