Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000
Default Re: I understand Hatton fans now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe
Such as?
I'm not saying he could have fought all these, but he shouild have at least seriously pursued it. Tszyu, Mayweather, Cotto, Judah, Mitchell, Castillo, Corrales and so on. He could have moved into the welterweight division and been another name there. He should have gained exposure by going to America and getting on ShowBox, ESPN or HBO.

Just...anything, really. He is one of the most poorly managed fighters I've ever seen. He could have doe so much more than fighitng C-class opposition in front ofa couple of thousand fans for peanuts.
Jack is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2008, 04:21 PM   #167
rochsolloch
stephen chinnock
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Joe
My last thread on the subject for the foreseeable future. Forgive me for starting another one, my only excuse is that I am relatively new to this forum, but I've had my say now and won't start another thread on this.

It's taken me this long for the penny to drop, but the fundamental difference I seem to see between Hatton fans and Witter fans is that Hatton fans look at boxing as a popularity contest and Witter fans like to see the best fight each other.

I understand the whole 'boxing is business' aspect, but still like to see the best fight each other. Maybe I'm naive.

So we have Hatton - man of the people, TV appearances - having a piggy back of Harry Hill on TV Burp and cracking jokes with Al Murray on his show.

Then Witter - can't sell tickets, moody, arrogant etc.

So despite being #1 and #2 a fight between them doesn't happen because of their public personas.

Am I right or wrong to say the whole argument is about the different ways Hatton fans and Witter fans view the sport?

i know the business as well as any1 youll ever meet here im an ex pro and hatton knows deep down witter would do a mayweather on him too fast hits hard good defense.witter wins by late ko or ud.
rochsolloch is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2008, 07:50 AM   #168
gaffer

vCash: 1000

In in a way i'm sad that witter lost his belt, however, credit to the yank he came with determination and witter didn't. Although witter was champ i've never rated him. All of Ingle fighters fight the same way boring. It was clear from round two it was only a matter of time before the yank got the his right in, and when he did, witter was dropped. If the yank had taken his time he could have finished it off. And yes , I would have loved to see hatton and witter fight and see hatton smack him up and shout his mouth up for good. Froch will be the same if he ever meets JC. He shouts his mouth the same way as witter, about he'd do this and do that if he met JC. Jc would beat him but I doubt if this fight will ever happen. with JC talking about retiring after probably 1 more fight but you never know.
gaffer is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #169
gaffer

vCash: 1000
Thumbs up Re: I understand Hatton fans now

In in a way I'm sad that witter lost his belt, however, credit to the yank he came with determination and witter didn't. Although witter was champ i've never rated him. All of Ingle fighters fight the same way boring. It was clear from round two it was only a matter of time before the yank got the his right in, and when he did, witter was dropped. If the yank had taken his time he could have finished it off. And yes , I would have loved to see hatton and witter fight and see hatton smack him up and shout his mouth up for good. Froch will be the same if he ever meets JC. He shouts his mouth the same way as witter, about he'd do this and do that if he met JC. Jc would beat him but I doubt if this fight will ever happen with JC talking about retiring. But you never know!!
gaffer is offline  Top
Old 05-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #170
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffer
In in a way I'm sad that witter lost his belt, however, credit to the yank he came with determination and witter didn't.
Yea, I though Bradley boxed well and looked like he really wanted it. Witter hardly went out dying on his sword.

Last edited by JonOli; 05-21-2008 at 09:55 PM.
JonOli is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum