Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2007, 04:20 AM   #16
Sai
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 110
Default Re: So, now Katsidis has got his shot on the world stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
sai,
recon the puffed up eye explains the shots Kats was wearing. Or is this a problem he always has?
It definitely hurt his vision pretty badly; towards the end you could see his depth perception was a bit ****ed up, but he got hit a lot and rocked in the Earl fight without a ****ed up eye. I think he's just one of those guys who really doesnt mind getting hit that much, his guard looks a bit wide and he just doesnt look that interested in deflecting shots. Its ok to take a few to give a few at this level, but the Mexican mob are really going to hurt him if he doesnt take a few more defensive precautions. If you look at the Earl fight, his best opponent before this, he did come very very close to getting stopped when he over-extended himself trying to knock him out. He can take a shot pretty well like, but getting hit when you dont need to is a really bad idea against the truely world class opponents hes got his sights on.
Sai is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2007, 04:42 AM   #17
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,608
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, now Katsidis has got his shot on the world stage

He really needs to work on defense, trouble is he's been use to fighting blokes that don't hit back and never had to worry about defense, it's given him a false sense of security, you think after seeing the attitude Vic had and what happened to him that his trainer would have been on to it straight away, currently if he gets in with a pig puncher he is going to get torn up.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:29 AM   #18
SouthLondonsFinest
SE4 BABY
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Herne Hill, South East London
Posts: 234
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, now Katsidis has got his shot on the world stage

I love the way Katsidis fights but getting that bashed up against a 21 Filipino ranked 50/60th in the world doesn`t bode well for future of fighting top oppenents.
SouthLondonsFinest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:32 AM   #19
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 75
Default Re: So, now Katsidis has got his shot on the world stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthLondonsFinest
I love the way Katsidis fights but getting that bashed up against a 21 Filipino ranked 50/60th in the world doesn`t bode well for future of fighting top oppenents.
Imagine what that same 21yr old Philo would have done to Graham Earl
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 04:45 AM   #20
SouthLondonsFinest
SE4 BABY
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Herne Hill, South East London
Posts: 234
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, now Katsidis has got his shot on the world stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
Imagine what that same 21yr old Philo would have done to Graham Earl

hahaha, yeah but i`m not raving about Graham Earl and going on about hes World Class am i?
Cos hes far from it and he still put ur boy on the floor and he was lucky the fight didnt carry on.
SouthLondonsFinest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:27 AM   #21
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 327
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, now Katsidis has got his shot on the world stage

Um guys, look at this for exhibit 55. We were all talking about Katsidis, even though the thread began in part to bag the someone else, and um, we were all going good and then well...Shane and Sai wanted to go down another road.
Why did you even have to mention the other name Sai?
EelsRule is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:31 AM   #22
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 75
Default Re: So, now Katsidis has got his shot on the world stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthLondonsFinest
hahaha, yeah but i`m not raving about Graham Earl and going on about hes World Class am i?
Cos hes far from it and he still put ur boy on the floor and he was lucky the fight didnt carry on.

Rocky showed his got good stamina so what are you saying??

If the earl fight wasn't stopped i hope ur not suggesting an Earl victory
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:40 AM   #23
SouthLondonsFinest
SE4 BABY
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Herne Hill, South East London
Posts: 234
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, now Katsidis has got his shot on the world stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
Rocky showed his got good stamina so what are you saying??

If the earl fight wasn't stopped i hope ur not suggesting an Earl victory


I wasn`t havng a go to start with, I was just saying against proper opposition Katsidis can`t fight like hte way he does cos hes gonna lose, simpe.
Katsidis was shattered and wasn`t going to carry on much longer.
SouthLondonsFinest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:04 AM   #24
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 166
Default Re: So, now Katsidis has got his shot on the world stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
Imagine what that same 21yr old Philo would have done to Graham Earl
remember a>b, b>c therfore a>c does not hold true in boxing
theunderdog is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 07:05 AM   #25
Sai
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sydney, Aus
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 110
Default Re: So, now Katsidis has got his shot on the world stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
Um guys, look at this for exhibit 55. We were all talking about Katsidis, even though the thread began in part to bag the someone else, and um, we were all going good and then well...Shane and Sai wanted to go down another road.
Why did you even have to mention the other name Sai?
You mean mentioning Earl? It was appropriate to the discussion of Kats ability as he was his best previous opponent basically. Katsidis is going to achieve a lot more than Earl will, hes a solid domestic fighter but never going to achieve on the world stage. Im an absolutely huge Katsidis fan, look through my post history, I talk about him a great deal. hes the kind fo fighter that I really follow. Im not a nut hugger though, hes shown flaws against Earl and Amonsot that are fine at that level of comp, but if he wants to be a titlist (and I hope he will) he needs to remove that from his game. If a domestic level guy can catch you flush then a world level guy will be able to catch you flush and seriously hurt you. Theres no question that Kat has a massive heart, but you cant neglect the defense the way he has vs Earl/Amonsot against a truly world class opponent. Katsidis wants to achieve something in boxing and I ****ing hope he does. I'm sure him and his team are going to be working on his defensive set for his next bout. Hes show he has the engine, the chin and the heart as well as a very solid offense. The major thing right now that is stopping him from being a titlist is some major defensive flaws, and once thats set (and it will be, hes proved that hes a hard worker and wants the titles. Not bullshit ones, but real ones) he is going to be World class in 18 months.

The worst thing he could do for his career is to ignore his flaws that hes been shown on tape and either do a Vic and not work on them and eat a massive counter when reaching in, or do a bumdine and not work on them at all and go ****ing nowhere.

There is nothing more that I want for Katsidis than to be a legit titlist, and to do so he needs to correct his defensive flaws.
Sai is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #26
SouthLondonsFinest
SE4 BABY
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Herne Hill, South East London
Posts: 234
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So, now Katsidis has got his shot on the world stage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sai
You mean mentioning Earl? It was appropriate to the discussion of Kats ability as he was his best previous opponent basically. Katsidis is going to achieve a lot more than Earl will, hes a solid domestic fighter but never going to achieve on the world stage. Im an absolutely huge Katsidis fan, look through my post history, I talk about him a great deal. hes the kind fo fighter that I really follow. Im not a nut hugger though, hes shown flaws against Earl and Amonsot that are fine at that level of comp, but if he wants to be a titlist (and I hope he will) he needs to remove that from his game. If a domestic level guy can catch you flush then a world level guy will be able to catch you flush and seriously hurt you. Theres no question that Kat has a massive heart, but you cant neglect the defense the way he has vs Earl/Amonsot against a truly world class opponent. Katsidis wants to achieve something in boxing and I ****ing hope he does. I'm sure him and his team are going to be working on his defensive set for his next bout. Hes show he has the engine, the chin and the heart as well as a very solid offense. The major thing right now that is stopping him from being a titlist is some major defensive flaws, and once thats set (and it will be, hes proved that hes a hard worker and wants the titles. Not bullshit ones, but real ones) he is going to be World class in 18 months.

The worst thing he could do for his career is to ignore his flaws that hes been shown on tape and either do a Vic and not work on them and eat a massive counter when reaching in, or do a bumdine and not work on them at all and go ****ing nowhere.

There is nothing more that I want for Katsidis than to be a legit titlist, and to do so he needs to correct his defensive flaws.
thanks sai pal, that is all I was just to put across also,butu expained it a lot better.
SouthLondonsFinest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013