Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 06-25-2008, 05:51 PM   #16
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: andy raymond the worst commentator on television

i like teddy atlas as a commentator. he gives great insights into tactics, methods, history and has a great passion for boxing. he truely respects the sport.

if raymond wants to continue as a commentator, he could do worse that to educate himself about boxing by hanging round some good gyms, study tapes of atlas commentary style, read books, watch video on boxing tactics etc, so he has something to talk about, and ideas to present.

i dont doubt he is intelligent. but it is obvious he doesnt do any research on boxing. he just turns up, asks tony nobbs some questions, and ad libs the rest. not good journalistic practice i would have thought....

cmon andy. do your job properly......
sallywinder is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2008, 08:47 PM   #17
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallywinder
its a disgrace that this bloke is given a job on tele. firstly, he has NO TALENT. NO WIT. NO KNOWLEDGE OF BOXING. he comes out with stupid statements, cant pick when a fighter is hurt, (last night) has no knowledge of boxing or boxing tactics, and seeks to sensationalise the mediocre. "he just tried to wipe his nose off his face", he screamed about a wild swing....

is he giving tv execs blow jobs? surely they dont pay HIM to be on tele??

its an insult to boxing, the boxing public, and boxers, that this bloke is allowed to commentate on tv. i'll be turning down the volume next time he is on , so i dont have to listen to his brain dead, unimaginative, uneducated, DRIBBLE.
No mate THEY ALL SUCK They are all bias fools who can't call a fight for the life of them. They only call the shots from the fighters they want to win and the king of all this is BARRY MICHAEL the biggest clown in boxing history.

Truly they all suck there is not one good caller of boxing out there anymore, Maybe only Hussien who seems to go ok when he calls the fights but as for the rest get rid of the whole damn lot of them they all are shocking and have no idea how to call a fight.

Bloody Jason Dunstill A AFL FOOTBALLER is better which just shows how sad Aussie boxing has become
waynesmale is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #18
PIPO23
Champion
East Side Guru

No prob with andy, he's a good bloke, except the BS lies . Too many to mentions specially regarding imports records. This man pulls out of his @#$ and sells it.

LOL..
PIPO23 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 02:03 AM   #19
stingray7
Journeyman

What about the dipstick ringside announcing by Mark ******.He called one fight ( McMahon/shaw) a unanimous decision when one judge had it a draw and then the classic of all calling the little black flyweight the "tasmanian Tiger"!!!! Even Andy corrected that one to the Tanzanian Tiger !!!!! I bet the little guy didn't even know where Tassie was.
stingray7 is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 02:05 AM   #20
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

They couldn't be worse than the pommy blokes who do sky broadcasts and sometimes Sentana as well. I thought at one stage he was going to run into the ring and actually suck hatton's dick mid fight vs mayweather. "Look at the way Ricky beautifully deflected those punches with his face. He is definitely winning this round, breaking down the fragile hands of Mayweather".
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 03:04 AM   #21
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
They couldn't be worse than the pommy blokes who do sky broadcasts and sometimes Sentana as well. I thought at one stage he was going to run into the ring and actually suck hatton's dick mid fight vs mayweather. "Look at the way Ricky beautifully deflected those punches with his face. He is definitely winning this round, breaking down the fragile hands of Mayweather".

Thats the poms for u pretty much.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 03:07 AM   #22
wangman
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75

I havnt minded him so much in the past, but in the Kickett fight he must of been smoking crack.
wangman is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 03:45 AM   #23
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

what really made me think these commentators don't know about boxing is when they said that Kickett will need a KO to win the fight!!
ranser is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #24
westside
Contender
ESB Senior Member

andy is a great geniune guy with a love for the sport.

any time @ our fights hes been fantastic. making it personal just proves the minuteness of your own penis
westside is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #25
westside
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
i like teddy atlas as a commentator. he gives great insights into tactics, methods, history and has a great passion for boxing. he truely respects the sport.

if raymond wants to continue as a commentator, he could do worse that to educate himself about boxing by hanging round some good gyms, study tapes of atlas commentary style, read books, watch video on boxing tactics etc, so he has something to talk about, and ideas to present.

i dont doubt he is intelligent. but it is obvious he doesnt do any research on boxing. he just turns up, asks tony nobbs some questions, and ad libs the rest. not good journalistic practice i would have thought....

cmon andy. do your job properly......
mate YOU'RE the goose here. your comments display complete ignorance
westside is offline  Top
Old 06-26-2008, 05:46 PM   #26
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

westside. tell me a comentator he is BETTER than??? you cant, cause he isnt. hes piss poor, ignorant, biased, sensationalistic, and you are licking his asshole.

having an opinion of the journalistic performance of a 'high profile' boxing commentator doesnt make it personal. you are the one whose made it personal by wrongly suggesting my huge, thick, long, hard, ready, penis is minute.

if i close my eyes and you pretend you are female, (you probably have man boobs anyway) you are welcome to come and give yourself some stitches in your arse with it. no doubt youve done something simmilar before. i recon your ass already looks like a bad sewing lesson from previous surgeries.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:58 AM   #27
sallywinder
Belt holder
ESB Addict

andy raymond must read this forum. well, he should. he may lean something from boppa....

anyhow. he just tried to comment on angelo hyders tactic suggestions to his fighter, steven wills. andy botched it. but at least he tried...
Old 06-27-2008, 10:43 AM   #28
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

As far as I can see Andy is the network presenter for fox or the anchor man and is always teamed with a boxing pro to round out the commentary.

While the pro gives the viewers the boxing insite the presenter holds the media production together with intros, fillers and wraps.

Its the pros job to give the professional comments while Andy follows the producers program and structure.

I think Andy may do other fox sports events like the NRL.....maybe? but for me he does his role as a presenter thats all.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2008, 11:03 AM   #29
ajay11
Original Convict
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
westside. tell me a comentator he is BETTER than??? you cant, cause he isnt. hes piss poor, ignorant, biased, sensationalistic, and you are licking his asshole.

having an opinion of the journalistic performance of a 'high profile' boxing commentator doesnt make it personal. you are the one whose made it personal by wrongly suggesting my huge, thick, long, hard, ready, penis is minute.

if i close my eyes and you pretend you are female, (you probably have man boobs anyway) you are welcome to come and give yourself some stitches in your arse with it. no doubt youve done something simmilar before. i recon your ass already looks like a bad sewing lesson from previous surgeries.
Interesting comment.

I turned off the comentary midway through because I thought they were only giving one perspective of the fight AND THAT PISSES ME OFF. It's my main issue with Main Event/HBO because they're always calling the fight with little objectivity. It's not hard to work out who's promoted by who.

As for you anal *** comments....well I never could work out if you were a bloke or a bitch. Strange that we were on a similar page as I decided it wouldn't matter what *** you were if I grabbed you by the hair and arse raped you.

Is it true it only hurts the first time? Princess IrnBruSlut said something about shit and blood making a good lube mixture.
ajay11 is offline  Top
Old 06-27-2008, 10:42 PM   #30
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Pittman
Cannot agree - Andy is the best boxing commentator in Oz by a country mile.

I think he gets it right a lot more than he gets it wrong.

All are entitled to their opinions but geez you attack him on a personel level and I bet you don't even know the guy.

Stick to the facts!

fully agree. him and briggs make a great team.

did fenech sound off chops to any one else last night
huricn is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum