Old 07-26-2008, 08:00 PM   #16
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: I feel sorry for Banal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brickhaus
Speaking of Pinoys, who's this Eric Canoy guy? I see he's only in his 8th pro fight, but he's matched up against Terdsak Jendaeng. Pretty big step up for an early pro. I guess he was an Olympian a couple times?
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-2008, 08:01 PM   #17
Amsterdam
Boris Christoff
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I never thought he was special anyway, in fact, I told PacD that he'd get KOed before getting in place to fight for a title.
Amsterdam is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2008, 08:03 PM   #18
CJLightweight
Lightweight Kingpin
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino2dapiapimp
I freakin hate guys who count guys out just because of one lose. When Boom Boom got ko'd by Ponce, I saw all kinds of people jump off the wagon, now im seeing people say they knew all along Banal wasnt good and are jumping off his wagon! I feel sorry for Banal because he was getting labeled as being a possible next Pac and know he's getting shit on.
i was not really that high on boom2 before the loss, especially when i notice his chin was suspect prior to de leon and i was right. Banal is a different fighter and more skilled btw. I still have high hopes for him, he's going to be better than anyone else of the ALA fighters. And if he's the next pacquiao as you said, perhaps the loss has a reason, remember pacquiao loss twice earlier in his career also because of a body shot
CJLightweight is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #19
CJLightweight
Lightweight Kingpin
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
I never thought he was special anyway, in fact, I told PacD that he'd get KOed before getting in place to fight for a title.
let me guess the reason, was it because of his style of fighting?
Old 07-26-2008, 08:05 PM   #20
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amsterdam
well, i thought pacquiao was not special when he was just a 19 year old kid. i felt he was just lucky to win the title from sasakul back then.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 07-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #21
CJLightweight
Lightweight Kingpin
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana
well, i thought pacquiao was not special when he was just a 19 year old kid. i felt he was just lucky to win the title from sasakul back then.
i tell you bro the reason its because of that style, jumping around, 1-2 punching tempo, not much mixing up, banal has great natural ability..but he needs a different trainer. And now that he knows he has the same problems as pac when pac was 19 he needs to trained that area just like what pac did, although pac was much worst getting KOed through the body in the early rounds.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:42 AM   #22
optvpixelpusher
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJLightweight
i tell you bro the reason its because of that style, jumping around, 1-2 punching tempo, not much mixing up, banal has great natural ability..but he needs a different trainer. And now that he knows he has the same problems as pac when pac was 19 he needs to trained that area just like what pac did, although pac was much worst getting KOed through the body in the early rounds.
Pac didn't give up though. Banal did a no mas. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
optvpixelpusher is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 10:01 AM   #23
angelos
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by optvpixelpusher
Pac didn't give up though. Banal did a no mas. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
You know nothing. The kid collapsed on his way back to the corner and 2nd time on his way to the dug out due to low level of electrolytes in his blood and had to be confined in the hospital for 2 days.
angelos is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 10:06 AM   #24
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

hopefully they learn from their losses...Banal didnt get beat up from that fight, he was exhausted...well those body shots probably helped a lot
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 10:24 AM   #25
Marc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i told everybody that the guy was a knockout waiting to happen. he was getting massively overrated round these parts. people even thought he was gonna beat donaire. seriously. i was like wtf?

i was making some boomboom references but was told there was no comparison. well, they were right. at least boomboom made it to world level.
Marc is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 10:25 AM   #26
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Normally boxers win some and lose some at 19 since normally 19 olds are amateurs... Banal looked very good in the first few rounds just couldn't finish Concepcion off, maybe the experience was missing... no worries, in 3 years he'll still be just 22, and I expect him to be a world champion by then.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 08-08-2008, 10:32 AM   #27
CJLightweight
Lightweight Kingpin
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc
i told everybody that the guy was a knockout waiting to happen. he was getting massively overrated round these parts. people even thought he was gonna beat donaire. seriously. i was like wtf?

i was making some boomboom references but was told there was no comparison. well, they were right. at least boomboom made it to world level.
i think theres a big difference, the knockout for one was because he was out of gas..he mostly relied on putting his opponents away early in his previous fights, boom2x on the other hand is chinny and prior to his knockout loss there are a lot of indications he had a shaky chin

i think he could still come back, just as pac had problems with his conditioning before and was also blown out by a nobody
Old 08-08-2008, 10:34 AM   #28
CJLightweight
Lightweight Kingpin
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelos
You know nothing. The kid collapsed on his way back to the corner and 2nd time on his way to the dug out due to low level of electrolytes in his blood and had to be confined in the hospital for 2 days.
good

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum