Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2008, 11:05 PM   #76
dougingb
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 31
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Wo is going to Hatton Or Calzaghe fights in November?

This might be another option. MSG sits right on top of Penn Station. You could take the train to and from this hotel:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
dougingb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2008, 06:55 AM   #77
Broxi
Me Whee!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 2,586
vCash: 3681
Default Re: So Wo is going to Hatton Or Calzaghe fights in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
I don't think you can get a better deal in downtown Manhattan, everything else I looked at was either out of town or really expensive. I know New Jersey etc is a bit cheaper but we didn't fancy having to get a taxi every day when you are only there for 3 or 4 days? We just wanted to be where everything is happening and soak in the big fight atmosphere.
I'm going for a 7 day shot though and taking in the fight when I'm there, as opposed to going over for the fight and coming home.

It's almost 600 more to stay in Manhattan, for that I'm willing to take a 15min bus ride from the front door, it's no biggie really, NYC public transport is pretty good and you can get a taxi out to the hotel at night for about $70 (you need to barter sometimes) and that's including toll for the tunnel.
Broxi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:58 AM   #78
Broxi
Me Whee!
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 2,586
vCash: 3681
Default Re: So Wo is going to Hatton Or Calzaghe fights in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougingb
This might be another option. MSG sits right on top of Penn Station. You could take the train to and from this hotel:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Still quite expensive and I've taken a train from Newark Airport to Penn Station before and it was quite a long trip if I remember.

If you wan't, I'll PM you the details of the hotel I'm looking at booking up for mate.
Broxi is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #79
Lard
newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 38
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Wo is going to Hatton Or Calzaghe fights in November?

Got tickets yesterday, any news on the undercard?

Managed to get a good deal on flights with Continental from Heathrow to Newark if anyone is looking, 597 for two flights.
Lard is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:23 PM   #80
dougingb
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 31
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Wo is going to Hatton Or Calzaghe fights in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broxi
Still quite expensive and I've taken a train from Newark Airport to Penn Station before and it was quite a long trip if I remember.

If you wan't, I'll PM you the details of the hotel I'm looking at booking up for mate.
Sure, go ahead and PM me! I have my hotel picked out already. I'm treating myself!
dougingb is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #81
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Spion Kop
Posts: 30,805
vCash: 1000
Default Re: So Wo is going to Hatton Or Calzaghe fights in November?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broxi
I'm going for a 7 day shot though and taking in the fight when I'm there, as opposed to going over for the fight and coming home.

It's almost 600 more to stay in Manhattan, for that I'm willing to take a 15min bus ride from the front door, it's no biggie really, NYC public transport is pretty good and you can get a taxi out to the hotel at night for about $70 (you need to barter sometimes) and that's including toll for the tunnel.
Nice one mate, I wasn't knocking your choice.....just explaining the way we looked at it, the difference was much less than 600 quid when I went over though.
GazOC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 10:02 PM   #82
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 8,184
vCash: 75
Default Re: So Wo is going to Hatton Or Calzaghe fights in November?

It wont be long till these fights come around.

Last edited by JonOli; 08-22-2008 at 08:34 AM.
JonOli is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013