Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 08-21-2008, 07:44 AM   #1
TFFP

vCash:
Default "I'll turn it on" - Khan

Amir Khan is promising to put on a show for Sky Box Office.

The lightweight sensation makes his debut on our screens against unbeaten Colombian Breidis Prescott on September 6.

It will also be his first fight under new trainer Jorge Rubio but although the 21-year-old has been working on his defence he is still determined to put on a blockbusting display.

"It's important to give the fans an exciting fight, and I don't plan on changing that," he told frank******.tv.

"I've been working on keeping my hands up with Jorge, but I still love being a showman and giving the crowd value for money.

"I think it's important to go out there and be positive because that's what everyone wants to see."

Much has been made of Khan's last fight, when he was floored by Michael Gomez before stopping him in five.

It was the second time he has been down in his professional career (18-0) but has vowed not to change the all-action style that has made him an instant hit with the fans.
Inspiration

"I love it when the crowd get in to my fights.

"Everywhere I've been everyone has been right behind me, and that's a real inspiration."

Prescott comes to England for the first time as a relative unknown. The Khan clash will be only the third time he has boxed outside of his homeland following bouts in Panama and Florida this year.

But he will come to the MEN Arena with an impressive 19-0 record, 17 coming inside the distance, and at 5ft 11in and having boxed at welterweight, is likely to pose the biggest physical threat to Khan yet.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you expect from Khan in light of these latest quotations? Will his defence be improved - and if so will he be less exciting?

Thoughts - Please
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: "I'll turn it on" - Khan

Dennis Pedersen had an impressive record as well, so did Seppi Lauri - yet both were bums.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2008, 08:09 AM   #3
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
Amir Khan is promising to put on a show for Sky Box Office.

The lightweight sensation makes his debut on our screens against unbeaten Colombian Breidis Prescott on September 6.

It will also be his first fight under new trainer Jorge Rubio but although the 21-year-old has been working on his defence he is still determined to put on a blockbusting display.

"It's important to give the fans an exciting fight, and I don't plan on changing that," he told frank******.tv.

"I've been working on keeping my hands up with Jorge, but I still love being a showman and giving the crowd value for money.

"I think it's important to go out there and be positive because that's what everyone wants to see."

Much has been made of Khan's last fight, when he was floored by Michael Gomez before stopping him in five.

It was the second time he has been down in his professional career (18-0) but has vowed not to change the all-action style that has made him an instant hit with the fans.
Inspiration

"I love it when the crowd get in to my fights.

"Everywhere I've been everyone has been right behind me, and that's a real inspiration."

Prescott comes to England for the first time as a relative unknown. The Khan clash will be only the third time he has boxed outside of his homeland following bouts in Panama and Florida this year.

But he will come to the MEN Arena with an impressive 19-0 record, 17 coming inside the distance, and at 5ft 11in and having boxed at welterweight, is likely to pose the biggest physical threat to Khan yet.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you expect from Khan in light of these latest quotations? Will his defence be improved - and if so will he be less exciting?

Thoughts - Please

What did he actually say, like, you know?
trotter is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2008, 08:32 AM   #4
TFFP

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter
What did he actually say, like, you know?
He said he'll turn it on. By it he most likely means Bailey_tune, Iron Bull and that newb whos name I forget

Genuine Reponses Welcome
Old 08-21-2008, 08:33 AM   #5
FLINT ISLAND
PENYRHEOL
ESB Addict

khan's ego and bank balance continue to grow

however he is known now for being a celebrity boxer

his career is losing credability now - as it is clear he is going down the SPorts Network Golden Goose Route - of fighting paper fighters and champions - milking money from rip off pay per view fights.

No-one knows much about this guy - other than his paper record looks good.

Khan is 18-0 and pushing on to 22 years old - so where is the World Champion we were told to expect before he turns 21 years old.

****** is going to hold this guy back as long as he can.

Can you believe it

Khan is not even a World Champion on pay per view - ****** must be desperate
FLINT ISLAND is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2008, 08:37 AM   #6
FLINT ISLAND
PENYRHEOL
ESB Addict

ITV you seen Khan fights for free

On Sky - you have to pay for a monthly subscription - and Setanta which I do on both

Now Khan is on Sky you have to pay per view as well

Double Whammy!!!

I'm not buying - rip off - ****** is childish
FLINT ISLAND is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2008, 09:00 AM   #7
slapsSOgood
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I like Amir Kahn. He's turned out alright in the public giving the fact that he was so hyped up by the media after the olympics/first couple of fights, He could be really, really full of himself when instead he is just the average for a pro boxer.

When you compare him to Naseem Hamed. Nas had the ability first and the adoration came later. With Kahn it seems to be the other way round. He is a national hero already, but hasn't yet reached European Level, and he is breathing down on his 20th fight, 4th year as a pro. I think Sports Network know that Kahn isn't ready for that yet, and they are content to milk the cash cow and hope he gets a bit better with age and can one day be at world-level, WBO or other. He has potential though, and is still young so never say never.
slapsSOgood is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2008, 09:10 AM   #8
dwilson

vCash:

Amir is probably the most detested boxer in Britain right now.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #9
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2008, 09:18 AM   #10
sidvish69
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

i think if kahn had it his way he would be fighting campbell right now, although he;d get smashed around and ko'd. ****** is the problem here, hes built up kahns ego by making him think hes great yet giving him losers to fight. all because of ******, the fool.
sidvish69 is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #11
Ilesey
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 172

I don't imagine that much has changed thus far and Khan will just appear to be the same old Khan in this fight.

I have recently finished reading Khan's biography and it suggested to me that he is a bit of a prick. I just can't see how Khan / ****** / Sky can justify this being on Box Office. They all have a ****ing cheek if you ask me. ****** and Sky can jog on with this shit - I won't be paying for this farce.
Ilesey is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #12
Top Dog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

****in total hemet that guy is, I wish someone would knock him the **** out, I hate the twat. Total joker
Top Dog is offline  Top
Old 08-21-2008, 09:55 AM   #13
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Sky don't give a flying frig and rightly so, if it makes £££'s it makes sense

****** and Khan however, firstly they have a responsibility (in my opinion) not to turn the sport into a circus by over-selling poor matches.

Secondly they are missing a massive opportunity to build Khan into the best known / most popular fighter in Britain, by cutting his profile to nothing just as he enters the more interesting stage of his career.

People will soon forget about him when his fights aren't on down the boozer of a saturday evening.
trotter is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #14
pne buz
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Khan is only one of a few hundred that will be turning it on!Khan is rapidly becoming a figure of hate in his own town!
pne buz is offline  Top
Old 08-22-2008, 11:05 AM   #15
brown_bomber
BROWN BOMBER
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1597

frank ****** is an idiot, he should be murdered or banished from the boxing world
brown_bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum