Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-02-2007, 07:55 PM   #31
RUSKULL
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 2811
Default Re: Does anyone question the validity of Chagaev pulling out so far from the fight date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka_X3
Though that is the truth, you and I both know (this is if your really an adult) that Austin wasnt shit from the get.

and who cares what Wlad did with Austin anyways, sooner or later your going to realize that the world doesnt revolve around the Klits, it might take you a little longer to see that though.

You cant force a unification, so stop crying if Wlad wants to unify there are other belt holders out there he can do that with as well.
Either way I aint bitching about this fight, IMO I would rather Holyfield get it out of the way so he can either A: Prove everybody wrong again or B: get his ass handed to him so he has no other choice but to retire.
this is a good thing for Boxing, I dont want to see Holyfield hurt in there, but if its going to happen its going to happen, I would rather him get it over with already.

You know Vitali can do a few things himself, He can step up and take that Rahman fight he out right Avoided or he can fight Byrd again.
Wlad he has options to, he can rematch Sanders and avenge that loss, he can also dig up Purritty and pull that cat out of the bag.
I mean after all they have been consistant in fighting dead men, so let them keep doing so.

Boxing does not revolve around these ****ers like it or not.
That's all you've got? And look how many words you needed to get that pathetic point across

No, the boxing world doesn't revolve around any fighters, just don't tell Mayfeather or Oscar.

The point is TRUE boxing fans wanted to see unification finally happen and now that's all shot to shit.

Oh, that and WHY THE **** ISN'T SULTAN SEEKING UNIFICATION AGAINST WLADIMIR instead of a money grab vs. Holyfield? It was only okay for Wlad to defend against Holy because he had few other options with the WBC/Maskaev/Peter/Vitali/McCall bullshit. The WBC has their HW belt tied up for the next 2 years at least thanks to that idiot Suliaman...........

There are only 4 belts that matter:

Wladimir has 1, Sultan & Ruslan were going to unify their WBO & WBA belts and the WBC is practically an invisible entity at this point.
RUSKULL is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #32
Brickhaus
Packs the house
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Does anyone question the validity of Chagaev pulling out so far from the fight date?

I suspect Chagaev really is sick, and that the problem with postponing is that his mandatory would be due too soon after the fight if he was to postpone.

Either way, I can't imagine it was Holyfield paying step-aside money. If that was the case, then Holyfield would have just made a huge offer to Ibragamov to begin with to fight in the US instead of in Moscow.
Brickhaus is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:03 PM   #33
Zakman
ESB's Chinchecker
East Side VIP

vCash: 588
Default Re: Does anyone question the validity of Chagaev pulling out so far from the fight da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven
Then again, nobody really knows.
Chagaev might be actually seriously sick, or he might have developed alcoholism or a heroin addiction, or he just found God , or just found out he's a woman trapped in a man's body.

There's a load of reasons that might cause a guy to pull out of a fight.

I've been following boxing a LONG time, and those are some of the more inventive excuses I've heard offered for why someone might pull out of a fight. It even beats some of Tyson's in the early 90s!
Zakman is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:12 PM   #34
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79
Default Re: Does anyone question the validity of Chagaev pulling out so far from the fight da

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman

I've been following boxing a LONG time, and those are some of the more inventive excuses I've heard offered for why someone might pull out of a fight. It even beats some of Tyson's in the early 90s!
No kidding , and all this time I just thought it was indigestion from Ruslan eating Sultan's children.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #35
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka_X3
This more than likely has to do with the fact of public intrest, nobody was blowing up the boards about this fight so more than likely it would have been a huge Flop in terms of money.
Put Holyfield in there and look at the forums, its a bigger fight and people tune in, that is the nature of the sport, put asses in the seats and sell PPV hook ups.
I think that may be it.

While the diehard boxing fans on message boards like this one was fully behind it, and excited to see it, to the boxing audience as a whole, it didn't look like the long awaited unification fight was getting the attention of praise that it should have. Praise and attention it SHOULD have gotten, seeing as how its so needed and long overdue.

But while that fight didn't seem to set the world on fire, maybe Chagaev will mysteriously start to get over his ailiment in a couple months and announce a fight with another titleholder. Either that, or maybe Holy will win the WBo title and then set up a fight with another titleholder. I think Holy winning would make a unification fight likely, as he wants to do what he can do, and do it fast, being 45, and ticking.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #36
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Also, look up the recent ESB article where Sultan said he was out to get complete unification, and would want Wladimir after Chagaev.

That's claim is rather funny, after this latest turn of events, and knowing that Wladimir is free and without a fight.

That said, I don't think Holy fighting for a mere WBO title will be the big money maker that some seem to think it'll be.

I may be wrong, but I don't think Holy has raised his crediblity enough yet to be a big PPV draw with the boxing fans, and this is for the mere WBO title, which is the least of four.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #37
Rock0052
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 79

This should open the door for a Chagaev-Wlad match in November or early December (depending on how long this "ailment" persists) if Ruslan's still serious about unification.

If that's how it shakes out, it won't be so bad- and hey, if Holy wins and Wlad does fight Ruslan, then we'd be closer to having the first unified HW champ in awhile since then that would be the only real fight to make in the division while the Peter-Maskaev-Vitali thing gets sorted out.
Rock0052 is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #38
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

just when we all thought that the ehavies are getting their act together. this happens. damn
theunderdog is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum