Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Leckie 1 Month Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTDYE
haha tassie pride that's the spirit...

nah i dont have the reflexes for n e of philly shell stuff

sort of a winky style high gloves defence.. and a pretty unrefined counterpunching offense.

how bout you man? you fighting? what's your style
Iv never been shown the philly shell defence. But i would like to try it i guess.

I have a big Muay Thai backgroung so yeah i fight with high hands and try to keep my shoulders down (high shoulders from muay thai stance is hard to break).

I train boxing only once a week, its a friday stress relieve for me.

I love to body punch and lead left hook. I was flogged with training 1, 2 hook, so my left hook is better than my right hook.
Marcus is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2007, 05:34 AM   #17
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Iv never been shown the philly shell defence. But i would like to try it i guess.

I have a big Muay Thai backgroung so yeah i fight with high hands and try to keep my shoulders down (high shoulders from muay thai stance is hard to break).

I train boxing only once a week, its a friday stress relieve for me.

I love to body punch and lead left hook. I was flogged with training 1, 2 hook, so my left hook is better than my right hook.
i was thinking about starting shinbodo (or however you spell it) to compliment my boxing foot work. Is it different to muay thai dude?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #18
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
i was thinking about starting shinbodo (or however you spell it) to compliment my boxing foot work. Is it different to muay thai dude?
mmmm i thinking but you have kinda lost me......shinbodo???

Shintaido - Shintaido is a unique combination of martial arts and body movement that cultivates the spirit along with the mind and body. It has been called a moving meditation. In Japanese, Shintaido means "new body way." Shintaido's forms exemplify openness and freedom. The movements of Shintaido provide a new way of experiencing our relationship with ourselves, others, nature, and the spiritual world. Shintaido is also a healing art, and a form of artistic expression. Shintaido attracts people who are interested in change, self development, and re-connecting with their bodies, their community, their spiritual nature. Shintaido was started in Japan in the 1960's under the leadership of Mr. Hiroyuki Aoki, with a group of martial artists, musicians, actors, visual artists, and others who wished to combine traditional wisdom with aspirations for peace, freedom and equality. The Shintaido philosophy is grounded in body movement.

If u mean this , i think its just like Tai Chi so dont do it unless you want inner peace.

My Muay Thai training was great and made me a good fighter in a short time (8 months) but its bad for your boxing i think.

As much as i train boxing now, if i get into a street fight (which isnt often) i jumped in my muay thai stance without thinking.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 08:17 PM   #19
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
mmmm i thinking but you have kinda lost me......shinbodo???

Shintaido - Shintaido is a unique combination of martial arts and body movement that cultivates the spirit along with the mind and body. It has been called a moving meditation. In Japanese, Shintaido means "new body way." Shintaido's forms exemplify openness and freedom. The movements of Shintaido provide a new way of experiencing our relationship with ourselves, others, nature, and the spiritual world. Shintaido is also a healing art, and a form of artistic expression. Shintaido attracts people who are interested in change, self development, and re-connecting with their bodies, their community, their spiritual nature. Shintaido was started in Japan in the 1960's under the leadership of Mr. Hiroyuki Aoki, with a group of martial artists, musicians, actors, visual artists, and others who wished to combine traditional wisdom with aspirations for peace, freedom and equality. The Shintaido philosophy is grounded in body movement.

If u mean this , i think its just like Tai Chi so dont do it unless you want inner peace.

My Muay Thai training was great and made me a good fighter in a short time (8 months) but its bad for your boxing i think.

As much as i train boxing now, if i get into a street fight (which isnt often) i jumped in my muay thai stance without thinking.
haha not surprised you havent heard of it...its only here in sydney i think

"Shinbudo is a powerful, easy to learn self-defence system suitable for men and women of all ages. Incorporating elements from various martial arts including Taekwondo, Ju Jitsu, kickboxing, Judo and Aikido into a blended system gives students the advantage they need to protect themselves in virtually any situation"

a mate who does boxing said it helped with his defence and footwork as a bit of a part time thing
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 08:37 PM   #20
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

mmm i understand what your mate is saying but if you wanna improve your footwork......its suxs and you look stupid but run backwards and sidewards, for a good distance.

Iv tried lots of Martial Arts and most are good for discipline.

Bruce Lee once said a belt is only good for holding your pants up.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 06-21-2007, 09:03 PM   #21
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

haha fair enough - i guess the only way to improve is to get in the ring and work at it
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum