Old 09-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #31
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: when rahman beat lewis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiabc
once you heard a rematch had been made, how many people expected that rahman would beat lewis again? be honest

i am asking because before the amir-prescott fight everyone predicted khan would win, now that prescott has knocked khan out almost everybody has said that prescott would win 10 times out of 10 now?,strange?
I NEVER expected that. Only a fool would have bet against Lewis. I remember the first fight fondly. I fell asleep and woke up when LL was on the floor semi-comatose. Iv never shrieked with that much joy in my life. I taped the PPV and watched it again and again. LL was so arrogant and aloof with his disdain for Rahman. He was even smirking seconds before he was scraping himself off the canvass. He was winning the fight handily and closing Rahmans eye until he let go that hail mary.

Ironically LL fought within himself and never tested himself. He only let loose when he was truly threatened. The second fight wasnt even a fight it was an annihilation. LL`s class told and Rahman had no answer whatsoever. the final right hand that put him on his ass would have felled and Elephant.

Anyway this comparison is weak as Khan was destroyed in under a minute. What exactly is he supposed to bring to the ring in a second encounter with Prescott? He`s defensively flawed has no chin and is lackign in solid fundamentals aswell as ring savvy. Is that all supposed to miraculously change by the second bout? LL was world class. Khan is not.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2008, 12:16 PM   #32
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Yeah. Lewis lost the fight as much as Rahman won it. Lennox took Hasim lightly, negelcted his training, was doing film commercials or something like that when he sould have been in the gym.

I remember Manny Steward voicing his concern over it at the time. But what a peach of a right hand it was that KO'd Lewis. One of the best I've seen. No way on earth he was getting up. The count could have been to 50, Lewis would not have made it.
The guy was busy filing Oceans 11 with Vlad!! He turned up in SA late. He was all over the place and thought Rahman was a gimme. Boy was he wrong.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 06:48 PM   #33
surreal deal
Liverpool via Krypton
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiabc

i am asking because before the amir-prescott fight everyone predicted khan would win,
Plenty of people picked against Khan,so how can you say"everyone" predicted him to win?
surreal deal is offline  Top
Old 09-11-2008, 08:06 PM   #34
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

Lewis was battering Rahman in the first fight, i was starting to feel sorry for the quite despairate Hasim before he hit the jackpot, he had resorted to holding both arms outstretched in front of him to keep Lewis off of him.. All credit to Rahman for taking advantage of Lennox stupid lack of concentration and complacency.. But Lewis was streaks ahead....

In the rematch Rahman was acting out a lot, I had a heavy on that same card who suffered his first loss that night to Segei Lyachovich and i saw Lewis close up at the press conference getting wound up by all of the chatter, Lennox was calmly calculated that night , he would have rather died that night than lost again.. Rahman was signing a death warrant in talking to Lewis with such little respect.. Lennox had offered Rahman the very generous opportunity to face him in Carnival city, and Rahman was a typical ungrateful bastard in the way he spoke and acted after he won via shock Ko..
The TV show fight and the plexi glass press meetings only secured his demise.. His loud mouth got him a whooping.........
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2008, 07:31 AM   #35
bratwurzt
Whore
ESB Addict

I remember watching Lewis standing there with his arms at his side pissing about basically. He didn't imagine this guy would actually be able to fire anything meaningful back.
I turned to my then partner and said "What the **** is he doing, he's going to get himself knocked out again"
I didn't see the actual punch (must have looked away) but then I heard a roar and someone was lying flat on the floor, **** me I was right, it was Lennox.

With the rematch and all the name calling, I knew Lennox would not be ****ing around this time and Rahman was going to get a Golota-esque beating.
bratwurzt is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2008, 07:49 AM   #36
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal deal
Plenty of people picked against Khan,so how can you say"everyone" predicted him to win?
How many wouldve bet on him (prescott) if the odds for both were evens though. All very well doing it at 8's and 9's to 1.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 09-12-2008, 03:39 PM   #37
Benjiabc
The Nottingham Hitman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by surreal deal

i dont think so got to disagree, too be honest 95% of people minimum who i asked said khan, nearly every thread said yes prescott has alot of knockouts but he has fought bums etc etc, to say alot of people picked prescott simply is not true, alot of people wanted khan to lose but not many thought he would, people will tell you they picked prescott now the fight is over but its easy to say it now, but they didnt before the fight
Benjiabc is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum