Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 08-01-2007, 10:36 AM   #1
CMBoxer
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Is this overtraining?

Hey everyone this is my first thread. I have a problem. I have been feeling lightheaded for about 3 days straight now. And, I'm thinking its because of overtraining. This is my routine.

1st day: Jog about 4 miles
Work on a 5 lb dumbell for my shoulders for more than 20 reps: forearm, lateral raises, deltoids, bent arm laterals, backmuscles, deltoid press, front deltoid press.

Work on a 5lb dumbell for my arms for more than 20 reps: bicep curls, upper arm-forearm curls, half contraction, half curls, tricep extensions, another extensions, tricep presses, single arm tricep presses on both sides, another bicep curls, halfway bicep curls.

2nd day: Jog about 4 miles
5 sets of 20 pushups
5 sets of 20 crunches
5 sets of 10 side crunches on both sides
5 sets of 10 squats in boxing stance

Rest the 3rd day and repeat exercise on the 4th day.

Sometimes I think I feel this way because I don't eat enough food like meat or because I need more rest. I rest only for two days a week and exercise the other five days. I think I need to exercise one day and rest the next and repeat it like that because I'm exercising more than resting. Can you give me an advice on how to prevent myself feeling lightheaded or what are you're opinions?
CMBoxer is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2007, 11:41 AM   #2
MrSmall

Default Re: Is this overtraining?

Nope, that's quite light in fact.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #3
Pugsley
Fat Bastard
ESB Full Member

Rest is fundamentally most important. If you are light headed, it is most likely that you are Anaemic. If you want to test whether you are Anaemic (Are you vegetarian by any chance?) you may want to take Iron supplements for 2 weeks and see what happens. Tablet form is best ingested with other food to make it more easy for the body to absorb. If you still feel light headed despite taking the supplements, go see a doctor.

Iron deficiency can also be due to biological factors. Your haemoglobin may not be carrying enough oxygen, and most haemoglobin tests can be done at any health check centre. An average person should have a haemoglobin level over 11 g/dl. Upper limit for most fit people at sea level is 16 g/dl.
Pugsley is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #4
0.5sj719

I would say its your diet and/or not enough rest. I get strange when I dont get enough rest and meals.
0.5sj719 is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

IF you had more cardio it would be a good workout, Jogging 4 miles is good, cause i only run 2 but i use a rope, heavybag, shadowbox, and jumping jacks.
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Old 08-01-2007, 03:34 PM   #6
Zhaakal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1285

Nah.. That aint close to over training. Though instead of all of em dumbells you could just hit the heavy bag and speed bag.. Works your muscles and you practise on hiting.
Zhaakal is offline  Top
Old 08-02-2007, 06:06 AM   #7
BeGGeRs
god
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1256

Depends how long you have been training. Some people can train everyday and not over train. This maybe becuase they are super fit or have enough time to rest. (Also depends on what training your doing as some can be more demanding than others)

You probably are over training if you have jumped straight into your routine with the mentality of "i need to train everyday to reach my goal." Most people that do this will also start dieting. I get light headed when i train because of my diet. I try to remember the two of the most important aspects before and after training:

Good healthy food. ( If weight lose or muscle mass is your goal cut the sugars and carbs, replace with protein)

Also Rest after a training your body needs time to repair the muscle tissue which has been torn. This is where the protein in your body is used to aid recovery.

Also you might be getting light headed from lack of a certain vitamin which you have cut out from dieting, try to take some sort of muti vitamin like seven seas or something. If the problem persits i would go to the doctor..
BeGGeRs is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2007, 05:09 PM   #8
rustyj
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Nah brav that aint over training! Altho if u wnt, ease up on joggging too much in a week. Increase your floor exercises and maybe up your free weight programs. Shadow box, with 20-30 sec rest in between evry round. Defo dig the heavy bag, it will work ur endurance to throw power punches over a longer period of time. As boxing is more anaerobic in its element, u should try workin on more short explosive exercises.

What i do sometimes, is jog for 1 minute. Then run for the next. Keeping that up until u burn out. This is maximal endurance which will test you greatly.
rustyj is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2007, 05:14 PM   #9
Zhaakal
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1285

Quote:
What i do sometimes, is jog for 1 minute. Then run for the next. Keeping that up until u burn out. This is maximal endurance which will test you greatly.
Yea i do something like that.. Jog for 100 meters and then print 10 meters and i do that 10 km
Zhaakal is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2007, 06:17 PM   #10
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900

you need carbs, you probably have a low blood sugar levels?
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2007, 06:35 PM   #11
KTFO

vCash:

Maybe your food isn't high quality. Check your food man.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:09 AM   #12
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

More sleep, more water and better diet. Are you eating a well balanced diet? Are you getting enough salt? That can give you dizzy spells as well.
amy is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 09:39 AM   #13
Shev
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I think your arm & shoulder workouts are too much for a single day. Your biceps and triceps are small muscles that stress easily compared to other muscle groups. You may also want to buy some protein powder to aid in recovery and growth. Try doing hammer curls and also try 3 sets of 21s with a barbell. It removes the repeative exercises from your workout and this helps your recovery.
Shev is offline  Top
Old 08-04-2007, 04:14 PM   #14
KTFO

vCash:

Are you on roids?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing