Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2007, 08:43 AM   #17
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275
Default Re: Adam Wills

Let me no how the fights go boys at Bossley Park.
Wish i could get down to the fights.

Stuck in Perth.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 08-03-2007, 08:46 AM   #18
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Let me no how the fights go boys at Bossley Park.
Wish i could get down to the fights.

Stuck in Perth.
i hope ur still not trying to get ur avatars pants up, just use ur tongue.

i will be standing up behind banker waiting for him to throw me some beers
huricn is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2007, 04:06 PM   #19
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by leckie
hussien hussien
nedal hussien
lenny zappa
charlie vella
zac awad
garth wood
and your mate
mohamad elomar.

all fighting taxi drivers
hey banker your mate elomar is not fighting now
huricn is offline  Top
Old 08-05-2007, 07:21 PM   #20
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by leckie
hey banker your mate elomar is not fighting now
he isnt? wow i feel moderately disappointed
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2007, 05:20 PM   #21
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Thumbs up Re: Adam Wills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffo
this might help people to understand why the hussein bro's are'nt fighting big names... these days there trained,managed and promoted by there brother billy who doesnt have the bank roll behind him when puting on promotions. They still have world rankings therefor dont need to pay big $ for the chance to fight a boxer ranked above them in order to get a higher ranking hence fighting who ever they can with the money billy can afford whilst waiting for there chance at another title! things are'nt as simple as they look boys!
Why try to big note yourself by fighting big names? If you can walk with your head held high, have great support and believe in yourself there is no need to prove anything to anybody.
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2007, 05:45 PM   #22
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
Why try to big note yourself by fighting big names? If you can walk with your head held high, have great support and believe in yourself there is no need to prove anything to anybody.
i know where u are coming from, but thats what boxing is about fighting the best to prove that u are the best. there is alot of aussie fighters that out that take the easy fights and when they get to the top they get smashed due to lack of quality opponents
huricn is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2007, 08:15 PM   #23
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Aha, we'll see. I'd say theres something burning down under! Sweat, blood and tears, it's all in the timing xo.

Last edited by Flatlander; 04-17-2006 at 08:01 PM.
one in a million is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2007, 08:22 PM   #24
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa
Aha, we'll see. I'd say theres something burning down under! Sweat, blood and tears, it's all in the timing xo.

Kisses and hugs to finish a post
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2007, 08:45 PM   #25
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Kisses and hugs to finish a post
could this be our own version of GABBY? please post pics haha
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #26
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
could this be our own version of GABBY? please post pics haha

mmmmmmmmmmm Gabby
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 08-06-2007, 11:52 PM   #27
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester56
zac awad is not fighting either.he hasnt been training lately
As for the hussein brothers, i dont get it..when are they going to get out of their comfort zone, and fight world ranked opponents, I mean they are world title contenders themselves, what the f. are they doing fighting very ordinary opponents?? I still dont understand.. How can you go from fighting Jorge Arce and giving him 1 hell of a fight to fighting guys who are ranked in the top 100??that beats me, I think they might be content just making money of fighting bums, and having an easy boxing career by the looks of it.Oh and as for skinny, the guy knocked down manny pac..and lost on a controversial decision, pac is like p4p 1 of the best atm..
some1 answer me.
The Skinny-Pac fight wasnt very controvesial. It got stopped on a cut and didnt go the rounds. The cut was a weird stoppage as it wasnt bad and Skinny wasnt in heaps of trouble. For the most part though Pac dominated the fight, he beat down on Skinny at some points but it was hard fight for Pac because of Skinny's style and defence. Skinny dropped Pac with a jab/straight left and looked to have him a bit shaken. There was a lot of talk about a long count but it just didnt happen. Pac was up at like 7 or 8 and though he got a little more time to recover, it wasnt a long count. He wasnt on the canvas for more than 10 secs by the ref's count and thats all that matters.
Both guys fought pretty dirty too in that fight, it was a good scrap.

The Husseins have better resumes than the average Aussie boxer. They have fought abroad a fair bit, both of them have had 2 title shots. Skinny has fought in Japan several times and I think has another fight lined up there.
Thing is these guy had their shots and just werent good enough. Hussy came up against two of the best fighters south of bantamweight in the last 10 years and Skinny had beatable fighters in front him but couldnt exactly pull the trigger. No shame in any of their losses, they were all great fights against a high level of oppositions.

Hopefully they can get some more big fights before they retire, I know there was talk of it (them retiring) not long ago.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 12:44 AM   #28
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
The Skinny-Pac fight wasnt very controvesial. It got stopped on a cut and didnt go the rounds. The cut was a weird stoppage as it wasnt bad and Skinny wasnt in heaps of trouble. For the most part though Pac dominated the fight, he beat down on Skinny at some points but it was hard fight for Pac because of Skinny's style and defence. Skinny dropped Pac with a jab/straight left and looked to have him a bit shaken. There was a lot of talk about a long count but it just didnt happen. Pac was up at like 7 or 8 and though he got a little more time to recover, it wasnt a long count. He wasnt on the canvas for more than 10 secs by the ref's count and thats all that matters.
Both guys fought pretty dirty too in that fight, it was a good scrap.

The Husseins have better resumes than the average Aussie boxer. They have fought abroad a fair bit, both of them have had 2 title shots. Skinny has fought in Japan several times and I think has another fight lined up there.
Thing is these guy had their shots and just werent good enough. Hussy came up against two of the best fighters south of bantamweight in the last 10 years and Skinny had beatable fighters in front him but couldnt exactly pull the trigger. No shame in any of their losses, they were all great fights against a high level of oppositions.

Hopefully they can get some more big fights before they retire, I know there was talk of it (them retiring) not long ago.
Having also watched the Skinny vs Pac fight i dont necessarily believe it was controversial but Pac sure did get every little thing going his way as he was the home fighter.
Both Husseins had great careers as Aussie fighters, tho i always held Hussy in a slightly higher regard. Just my opinion.
If Hussy could get a bout as discussed with Naito the new WBC Flyweight Champ, a win could be possible. Hussy is ranked at number 2 by the WBC.
Skinny has a bout in Japan post his upcoming fight in Japan, against a undefeated Japanese boxer for the vacant OPBF Super Featherweight Title.
All the best to both brothers.
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum