Old 10-15-2008, 02:56 AM   #61
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Dana on Kimbo's fights "special" rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
I think Polymath is right... there is alot of guys who can do Danas job..Dana is savvy, hes a hustler and God bless him..hes a great saleman with good mic skills.. He talks like one of us ..a guy who downs a six pack..one of the boys..people can relate to him and he knows what people wants...hes got the street/blue collar persona..down pat

But when you have a Billionaire "friend" who has unlimited blank checks...then you become alot smarter...

Danas not stupid thats for sure..hes smart...but there are guys as smart or smarter but not as lucky...he is lucky..very lucky...
I agree.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2008, 04:23 AM   #62
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Quote:
I think Polymath is right... there is alot of guys who can do Danas job..Dana is savvy, hes a hustler and God bless him..hes a great saleman with good mic skills.. He talks like one of us ..a guy who downs a six pack..one of the boys..people can relate to him and he knows what people wants...hes got the street/blue collar persona..down pat

But when you have a Billionaire "friend" who has unlimited blank checks...then you become alot smarter...

Danas not stupid thats for sure..hes smart...but there are guys as smart or smarter but not as lucky...he is lucky..very lucky...
I have one question for you guys. If anyone can do Dana White's job - then why was the UFC almost impossible to find on PPV at the time that ZUFFA purchased it? And if anyone could have done it - why was the UFC for sale in the first place?
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2008, 04:36 AM   #63
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suge White
Everyone is up in arms...

Nobody complained when this time of backroom dealing brought us the Cung Le vs Frank Shamrock bout, that obviously was supposed to stay standing up.

F*ck, at the end of the fight Cung even thanked Frank for keeping his word.
BORKED

BORKED

BORKED
Old 10-15-2008, 08:41 AM   #64
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Quote:

Ayres had more money than God, failed, IFL had public shareholder money, failed, EliteXC had Gary Shaw and Showtime money, not doing so hot, WFA had big money, failed, a small army of shows in the US have failed, both big and small.

Somebody else might be able to do Dana's job, but every last one of them to try has failed, failed quickly, and failed badly.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #65
chimba
Off the Somali Coast
East Side VIP

vCash: 800

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold
I have one question for you guys. If anyone can do Dana White's job - then why was the UFC almost impossible to find on PPV at the time that ZUFFA purchased it? And if anyone could have done it - why was the UFC for sale in the first place?
Thats because alot of things came together....theyve had a rebirth of stars...Chuck became a star, "regular" guys loved him..GSP was on his way..Franklin..etc etc..The stars aligned...Zuffa spent money on the right things like promoting fights...Websites etc etc..now TUF(the biggest) these are things that regular fans have been asking and thinking for years..we ask how come they dont do this and do that??..

well Dana was able to do these things..we couldnt..for me putting fights in Vegas was huge!!! a no brainer for example ..many people have asked ..hey if you put these fights in Vegas it will be huge..lets compete with boxing...and it just happens to be that the Fertitas has solid footing in Vegas.

Now tehy are riding unprecedented momentum and tahts fine..i love the UFC...but to say that Dana was the only one who could have done this job..thats crazy...I knew back then that if they keep fighting in Oklahoma City theyd go out of business...thats no rocket science..
chimba is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2008, 04:49 PM   #66
Suge Green
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: OnTheGrind Boxing Radio Is Uncut & Uncensored & LIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarngold
BORKED

BORKED

BORKED
As a fan of both fighters, I appreciate the footage.

Still, I have no doubt that Shaw and Elite had knowledge of Shamrock's desire to keep it standing...if they influenced it or not, doesn't matter.

If the fans knew, don't you think that the "corrupt boxing promoters" had knowledge...???

...and Frank is not new to this, he would not reveal this shit in an interview like Seth did if there was a similar situation.
Suge Green is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #67
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suge White
As a fan of both fighters, I appreciate the footage.

Still, I have no doubt that Shaw and Elite had knowledge of Shamrock's desire to keep it standing...if they influenced it or not, doesn't matter.

If the fans knew, don't you think that the "corrupt boxing promoters" had knowledge...???

...and Frank is not new to this, he would not reveal this shit in an interview like Seth did if there was a similar situation.
Yes, it does; ones a gameplan, ones a felony. Frank wanted to stand, Seth was paid to not take Kimbo down.
Beebs is offline  Top
Old 10-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #68
Sir James
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

What happened is illegal, Dana is completely correct.

This is meant to be a legit sport, not a circus act. With behaviour such as this it becomes a circus act, because Kimbo is popular due to punching some bums out on you tube, he does not deserve special treatment, and its only right he lost.
Sir James is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #69
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

BORKED
Older video of Dana on SportsCenter.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum