Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-07-2007, 11:39 PM   #1
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default How long does it take

upload videos to youtube?Some have told me it only takes 5-10 minutes and others have said 45 minutes for a five minute clip.

Anyone try this yet?
redrooster is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-2007, 11:46 PM   #2
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: How long does it take

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
upload videos to youtube?Some have told me it only takes 5-10 minutes and others have said 45 minutes for a five minute clip.

Anyone try this yet?
It depends of course on the size of the video you are uploading, and the particular upload rate you have.

I upload files at 30 kb max, which is rather slow, so it takes me a good hour or thereabouts to upload an 100 mb file.
sweet_scientist is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 11:49 PM   #3
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist
It depends of course on the size of the video you are uploading, and the particular upload rate you have.

I upload files at 30 kb max, which is rather slow, so it takes me a good hour or thereabouts to upload an 100 mb file.
Many thanks Scientist. I am ready to begin uploading a few of my own. Earlier in the day I was experimenting with an intro to a fight but was taking rather long so was beggining to wonder about the lnegth of time needed.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
Bad_Intentions
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 153

depends the size of the video. if its a 5 minute video it might take up to 5-10 minutes depending on your internet speed.
Bad_Intentions is offline  Top
Old 08-07-2007, 11:54 PM   #5
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster
Many thanks Scientist. I am ready to begin uploading a few of my own. Earlier in the day I was experimenting with an intro to a fight but was taking rather long so was beggining to wonder about the lnegth of time needed.
Which fights will you be uploading Red?
Old 08-08-2007, 12:14 AM   #6
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

If all goes well I can start a few this week. Hopefully I won't have a problem. I want to put on 80's, 90's.

Recently I purchased software named VHS to DVD 3.0 for thi purpose. I can record videos and now view it on my computor thru the software but for some reason can't burn it onto dvd's so I'm hoping there will be no problems uploading to youtube.

Eventually, I will get it done even if I can't get it done this week. If necessary, I will get help because I didn't spend money for nothing.
I will try again tonight with Dokes-Weaver 1.

I have from different sellers so video quality varies. I have to look thru my collection but may start small with Weaver-Dokes 1 and if not too time consuming, I'll keep going thru until I find something worthwhile.
Holmes-Snipes is pretty good quality. Eventually I may upload one of my Hagler fights. I also want to throw on fights that arent too common. I thought I saw an earlier thread mention Blake-Baltazar was on youtube. I hope not. I wanted to be the first to upload it.

Do you have any suggestions? If I have it I will upload it.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:50 AM   #7
sweet_scientist
Champion
East Side Guru

Good luck with it all Red...

A word of advice though: youtube I think has an uploading limit of 100 MB (and ten minutes) per file, so I'm guessing if you are to put files that have been converted to DVD onto youtube, you may find that you have to split the file many times over so as to fit it all in, as fights on DVD find themselves being in the 1000's of MB's normally.

It's usually helpful if you have a program that can convert the files from DVD onto another medium, such as .avi or .mpeg files, which usually take up way less MB's than DVD (.vob) files do...

But if you get the chance, how about putting up some early fights from your beloved Trojan warrior Hector for us. Getting a look at the Coverson and Loy fights in particular would be a treat.

When I get it, I'll put up Hector's fight with Ramirez so the fans can see what got all the scribes so excited so as to put Camacho near the top of the p4p charts

Last edited by sweet_scientist; 08-08-2007 at 01:23 AM.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:14 AM   #8
redrooster
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet_scientist
Good luck with it all Red...

A word of advice though: youtube I think has a uploading limit of 100 MB (and ten minutes) per file, so I'm guessing if you are to put files that have been converted to DVD onto youtube, you may find that you have to split the file many times over so as to fit it all in, as fights on DVD find themselves being in the 1000's of MB's normally.

It's usually helpful if you have a program that can convert the files from DVD onto another medium, such as .avi or .mpeg files, which usually take up way less MB's than DVD (.vob) files do...

But if you get the chance, how about putting up some early fights from your beloved Trojan warrior Hector for us. Getting a look at the Coverson and Loy fights in particular would be a treat.

When I get it, I'll put up Hector's fight with Ramirez so the fans can see what got all the scribes so excited so as to put Camacho near the top of the p4p charts
Just when I thought I was finally at the door.

I was wondering why I reached 100 mb within less than 2 minutes time (1:39).

I'll take your advice and look around for the software you mentioned-Can't give up now. But first need need to figure out a couple steps I not sure of about what they call tags and the last step "browse". This sort of thing always gives me trouble but I'm on it.

When I get the chance I will put what I have on Hector. I have 4 of his bouts I think at 130: Loy, Coverson, Limon, Williams, who was his toughest test-crude looking.

The first copy I have on Camacho-Loy looks like shit so I had to get another copy from someone else but he didn't catch the knockdown live and only caught the replay. Replays are never quite as impressive. but the quality is much improved.

Last edited by redrooster; 08-08-2007 at 09:06 AM.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum