Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-26-2008, 01:48 AM   #91
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC 90: Silva vs. Côté - Round by Round

[quote=SkillsSoSmooth]Come on.. don't you think it's possible that he wasn't inspired tonight?, i mean when you think about what he'd done before tonight and all they have to offer him is Cote?quote]

If thats the case i quess Fedor will go through his whole career uninspired.

A champ deals with whoever is put in front of them.I spent my hard earned on the ppv and let me tell u this ozzy is pissed off.
ozziebattler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 01:48 AM   #92
SkillsSoSmooth
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebs
Hey, I agree, but in his mind he wanted to wait until Cote was no longer even remotely dangerous, and figured doing weird shit while doing so would make it exciting, it obviously was not. That said, he still landed quite a lot of brutal shit, and probably was a big factor in the knee blowing out.

The takedown defense into takedown was nice.

The takedown defence was sublime, and that's a positive to take from the fight, it's clear he's been working on it and that move was brilliant, his footwork (even though he danced too much) was also slick and so was his overall defence, the little he did do was perfect as usual but he just let himself down with the coasting.
SkillsSoSmooth is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 01:53 AM   #93
SkillsSoSmooth
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998
Shit, the paycheck and the thousands and thousands of people that shelled out the money to watch him fight should be inspiration enough.

From everything I've heard, Anderson is the one that doesn't want to be at 205, it isn't that the UFC doesn't want him there.

Would he have stepped up the pressure? Maybe, hell, probably, but that is no excuse. It didn't take him over 13 minutes to start fighting any of his other opponents.

RJJ was a clowner, and he landed punches. Silva against Franklin clowned a bit in their second fight, and he landed beautiful combinations. He is in there to earn a paycheck and to give me MY money's worth.

The top 185lber in the world and top 3 p4p fighter in the world should be better than what we saw against Cote. Hopefully he can be a little more respectful to the fans, and his opponent, in his next fight.
I can't agree that it's Anderson that doesn't want to fight at 205, who on earth does he have to be scared of in that division?, even after his showing tonight there's no doubt at all he'd take out anyone in that division imo.
SkillsSoSmooth is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 11:18 AM   #94
québecwarrior
Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Club Fighter
This was a ****in' farce. If I woulda paid my ****in' money to be in the audience I woulda been pissed. He carried that bum 3 rounds and acted like a goddam Fame cast member. Disgrace. He shamed his sport.

They ain't booin' Patrick, dick, they're booing you, Anderson!!!
what the **** are you toughman?

Cote werent gonna get knocked out, he would had lose, but not by knockout
québecwarrior is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #95
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by québecwarrior

Silva Kos fighters that don't get Kod by other fighters. See Leben, Marquardt, Henderson (not a KO, but he probably could have finished him after hurting him that bad with the knee if he would have chose to.) and Franklin (never KOd at 185.)(
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 07:38 PM   #96
québecwarrior
Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre
ESB Addict

But nothing indicated that Silva would had KOed Cote. If Silva was able to KO him in 2 rounds, he would have. He didnt.
I dont buy into the bullshit he wanted to give Cote more time to not destruct him..bullshit, the people who are saying this are the people who tought that Silva would crush him in 30 seconds.
québecwarrior is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #97
alewaboy52
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

anderson silva fights best when people are coming at him, look at his fight with leben if u want a good example, he seems to only truely engage when hes being attacked, cote just sat outside most of the fight and never really steped in the pocket, when he did he get the lesser of the exchanges
alewaboy52 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 09:49 PM   #98
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
But nothing indicated that Silva would had KOed Cote. If Silva was able to KO him in 2 rounds, he would have. He didnt.
I dont buy into the bullshit he wanted to give Cote more time to not destruct him..bullshit, the people who are saying this are the people who tought that Silva would crush him in 30 seconds.
Don't buy into it? He was CLEARLY CLEARLY refusing to engage with Cote almost at all. When he did choose to he landed cleanly...

Maybe he could have KOd Cote maybe not, but there is no reason to pretend that Silva went out and was trying to finish the fight when he CLEARLY OBVIOUSLY wasn't.
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 09:51 PM   #99
Polymath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Come on man, if anyone was ever carried in a fight, it was Cote.
Polymath is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 10:30 PM   #100
sugarngold
RIDDUM
East Side Guru

vCash: 157

Silva was obviously trying to wear Cote down before engaging in prolonged exchanges. As to how it would have turned out - is anyone's guess. Maybe Cote would have gone the distance - and maybe he would have taken one knee too many that would have dropped him for the first time in his career.

It's a shame about Cote's knee. He may have to wait a long time before he gets another title shot. I don't see the UFC trying to recycle this fight immediately.
sugarngold is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2008, 10:48 PM   #101
cdnboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Silva should have and could have finished Cote off. The difference in skill level was apparent. Cote was overmatched and got the worst end of the very few exchanges they had.

If Silva came to fight and didnt look so uninspired he would have finished off Cote early.

Silva has finished much more durable fighters than Cote. Hell, the guy polished off Leben in 38 seconds and Leben is one of the toughest guys to finish in the whole sport on the feet.
cdnboxing is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #102
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Anderson needs to impress next time out after this little farce. That likely turned a few fans off. Usually he's all substance with a little style and flair added in. On Saturday he was more or less just going for style, and it wore off fast.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum