Old 10-26-2008, 06:40 PM   #16
québecwarrior
Georges 'Rush' St-Pierre
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Anderson's attitude..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnboxing
Thats a stretch. Silva was clearly toying with Cote the whole fight. And the difference in skill level was apparent right at the initial bell. Everytime Silva exchanged he landed. So I dont buy this he was trying to counter or tried to tire out Cote. Because in my opinion Silva backpedalling, running and pulling off bruce lee hand gestures was not a sign of baiting cote into his style of fight. Silva knew Cote was outmatched and didnt try to finish Cote at any instance in the fight.

Either way, it was a sloppy fight, Cote was outmatched and Silva looked bored as hell in there.

Unfortunate it had to end the way it did because even though the outcome wouldnt be any different, Cote deserves another rematch. Hopefully, Silva fights a different fight.
Bullshit, it's Cote who didnt play the little game of Silva and rush in.
Why everyone is trying to downgrade Cote's fight?
If Silva couldve KOed Cote in the first round he would have. He didnt, deal with it.
québecwarrior is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2008, 12:13 AM   #17
cdnboxing
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by québecwarrior
Bullshit, it's Cote who didnt play the little game of Silva and rush in.
Why everyone is trying to downgrade Cote's fight?
If Silva couldve KOed Cote in the first round he would have. He didnt, deal with it.
He could have KO'd Cote in the 1st round, he chose not too. You really think Silva tried to finish him. Silva was backpedalling, dancing, doing Bruce Lee impersonations throughout the whole fight. There was one instance where he actually was jogging around the octagon.

Silva won every single exchange with Cote and than backed off. If Silva would have applied constant pressure to Cote, Cote would have got finished in the 1st round.

I like Cote but it doesnt take a genius to figure out he was overmatched.

Silva was absolutely toying with Cote because he knew the difference in skill level was astronomical.

Nobody is downgrading Cote. In fact, I think because of what happened he deserves a rematch. Cote came in with the right gameplan and he fought a smart fight. He chased Silva the whole fight. But Cote is just a limited fighter. He was too slow, too flat footed to give Silva any problems.

The fight kind of reminded me of Machida/Ortiz. Ortiz chased Machida all over the ring but Ortiz just did not have the boxing ability nor the hand speed to frustrate Machida. And Machida when he did engage was able to pick him apart. Just like Silva vs Cote.
cdnboxing is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2008, 11:14 AM   #18
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

I feel bad for his next opponent. He knows the negative reaction he got and Patrick Cote should never take him past the first round. He's gonna come out with something to prove and "Rich Franklin" someone.

Oh and after Saturday night.....P4P rankings

Fedor
GSP
Penn
Anderson
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2008, 01:02 PM   #19
Nuke
Full Length Member
ESB Addict

I think Anderson didn't engage because he didn't want to test Cote's power (can't blame him) so he danced around and used his greater physical skills to popshot in and out and do his Brude Lee impressions. I commend Cote for his effort and focus. Anderson should have tried to engage alittle more thats for sure, but like I said before I'm sure he didn't want to "get caught" from a bomb punch he didn't see coming. Not a bad gameplan to eek out a win but not very fan friendly to watch. I wanna see a rematch, but first Cote needs to change his name to Rich Franklin in order to get one.

Why is it nobody but Rich has gotten a rematch. I thought Nate Marquardt and Hendo both deserved a rematch. Certainly NOT Rich Franklin, he got served in both fights.
Nuke is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 AM   #20
audio101
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It has nothing to do with skill level, cote looked like a little kid next to Silva. Why is everyone not seeing how big of a mismatch this was? Silva could of won by just throwing knees and leg kicks, since cote was so much smaller in every aspect.
audio101 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2008, 05:16 AM   #21
ufoalf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1550

Anderson's attitude =
"Win this fight; look good in the next fight." ~ George Foreman.
ufoalf is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2008, 10:08 AM   #22
concrete sledge
Lord of the quislings
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets
What are you guys talking about? I didn't see him do anything out of line.
Me either.
concrete sledge is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2008, 07:14 PM   #23
Shanger
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete sledge
Me either.
Same.
Shanger is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #24
Sweet Pea
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymath
Totally agree, always found his constant bowing to be a little grating
That's called showing respect, which he always does for his opponents outside of the ring.

Quote:
but tonight it was just outright patronising, worse than against Franklin.
What did he do that was so out of line against Franklin? Aside from re-arranging his face of course.
Sweet Pea is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2008, 03:54 PM   #25
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

I just watched the fight for the first time myself. To be honest, I didn't see anything different in Silva this fight than his previous ones, except fight according to his opponent. I think he knew Cote had a pretty good chin and is durable, so he wanted to take his time with him. He didn't seem as intense as when fighting Franklin or some of the other guys. As the fight progressed you could see him turning on the heat a bit more, but it also seemed as if he knew he was a few levels above Cote in terms of striking, so he kind of wanted to have fun in there and perhaps try some new moves. Almost like using Cote as a test subject for new techniques he had been practicing. i think Silva does his best when he feels he is being challenged. Unfortunately, Cote didn't do much IMO to be much of a threat to Anderson. Silva was faster, more accurate, had better balance, better feet. It seemed he knew this after the first round and he wanted to take his time.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2008, 03:58 PM   #26
The Phenom
TitoTrinidad Take Me Home
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I was very dissapointed with his arrogant attitude against Cote.
The Phenom is offline  Top
Old 11-01-2008, 04:18 PM   #27
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 32000

I laughed.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum