View Poll Results: Who will win? Vote!
Mexico 31 46.27%
Philippines 36 53.73%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-11-2007, 09:03 PM   #61
juancho214
Journeyman

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Who will win the Boxing World Cup between Philippines & Mexico?

Quote:
Originally Posted by domngo
No such thing as 50-50 because there will be 7 matches. The country that wins at least 4 matches will be declared winner.
one was cancled so in case of draw , Barrera-Pacquioa winner takes it
juancho214 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2007, 09:30 PM   #62
ko factor
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Team Philippines is up 3-0 now. Gorres & Ortiz are still fighting as of this moment.

Gabi won by UD against Beranza
Domingo won by UD against undefeated Roman(huge upset)
Aj Banal KOed Cardenas
ko factor is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 09:48 PM   #63
retriever
Belt holder
ESB Addict

its now 4-0 for the Philippines.
retriever is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 10:53 PM   #64
CASH_718
"You ****ed Healy?"
East Side Guru

vCash: 1644

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastSideBoxer
Bwa ha ha ... It's Philippines 5-0 so far over Mexico ... Peņalosa KO'ed Gonzalez with a body shot ...

So far my predictions with 4 corrects and 1 miss ... hahaha ...
How the **** did you pcik Ortiz over Gorrez??? Just off of that prediction I'd say your an out and out moron even if you go 5-1.
CASH_718 is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 11:56 PM   #65
ko factor
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Congratulations to team Philippines for winning the Boxing World Cup!!!
Old 08-12-2007, 12:48 AM   #66
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog
where did you out your vcash? i have mine on penalosa and the other one is with the deleon-boomboom under 9.5 rounds.

i feel gonzales still has the upper hand on their fight but the pay out for penalosa was nice so i bet on him. and i think he'll go all out on this fight, being his last

yeah baby!!! do you guys know the scorecard on this fight? i only gave gerry one round. anyway, it doesnt matter now.
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 12:49 AM   #67
puga_ni_nana
Dempsey Roll
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
I never thought I say this...Im starting to lose respect for the guy also

All of our young fighters owe alot to PAC and thats where it should stop. Meaning dont follow his footsteps and stay dedicated to the craft.

I've long suspected when someone mentioned here on ESB that in Visaya, his hometown he is very ****y and hes not the same humble guy you see in the Media...I believe that now

How do you not represent your team and country...
me too. he is starting to get arrogant, attitude-wise. holding grudges against columnist, being unprofessional and not much focus in training these days.
puga_ni_nana is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 01:00 AM   #68
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

holy shroud. the filipinos are turning their backs on pac. i never thought i'd see this day!!! get ready for some hate posts from domngo and pacd
Old 08-12-2007, 01:04 AM   #69
ko factor
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
You'll see that we are reasonable people Snape...the fairest in this forum..When you leave your countrymen like that..we dont tolerate that..

I hope he has very good reasons
He should have stayed at least for one night until the Boxing World Cup is over then fly home.:(
Old 08-12-2007, 01:08 AM   #70
Chert
Ringside Potato
ESB Addict

yep. if reports are true, pac is getting too much of a swell-head and is very unfocused in his training for his next fight. he may be due for a rude awakening but i hope not.
Chert is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 01:10 AM   #71
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

too bad gerry is old. i like him way more than pac. if onkly gerry was a couple of inches taller.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:17 AM   #72
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Ho would have been unbelievable if he was 5'7...I mean Jhonny had a foot on him height and reach wise...I was thinking how the hell will he reach him...and Boom! what timing...

Lets not forget, hes got some pop

and his defense is awesome. i mean, he was getting hit by a lot and catches most on his gloves. but then he got his square in the face and he walked right throught it. damn. good times. i hope gerry retires now. not many fighters retire as world champs and he has a chance to do just that. he won a title 10 years after winning his first belt. how sweet is that?
Old 08-12-2007, 02:41 AM   #73
Bangis
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puga_ni_nana
me too. he is starting to get arrogant, attitude-wise. holding grudges against columnist, being unprofessional and not much focus in training these days.
count me in! I like Pac but with the way he is acting recently i dont know.
I really wasnt believing reports about his being unproffesional and other stuff before. i think his fame is getting in his head. I didnt like it when he did not show up for the weigh in for world cup, He was the team captain!
Bangis is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 04:11 AM   #74
PacDbest
Belt holder
ESB Addict

My Ringside report:

I came in late Missed the whole Gabi fight. Used restroom,when I came out, Lupe contreras Announced Gabi as the winner.

Find our seats, we're around pinoys from LA,Mex front & Back & some White guys in front. We seat Ringside corner where HBo guys do the Talking & Block our View, Packing Lenox is too tall.

Domingo surprise me, He shows heart & drive to win. Well Roman is just overated, He looks weak & unskilled. he complains a lot. WE're wildly cheering when Domingo Announced the winner. I lead the Chant " Filipino..2-Zero.." in the tune of Bebot-Bebot by Blackeyed peas.

Break.. Beer for $18.00 . Authograph & Picture opportunity with Diane Castillejo, Donaire, Mayol, Gabi, Steve Kim, Katsidis, Recah & JMM. I'm the Cameraman so most Pix is me cousin & the celebs.

AJ time, Told Pinoy fans, this is our best Prospect, Don't blink it won't last. Usher saw me videotaping with my DIG cam, cut me off.Pac it I'll just enjoy the fight. AJ Ko the Guy, we explode!!! Chant " Filipino 3-Zero" 3X.

Pee time.. PIx taking. Talk to Nonito a little bit. He's nice to all, very accomodating. Told Mayol, Don't give up, you'll be a Champion too.

Gorres time. Lennox & other Guy starts talking, Blocking us. Fights a little bit exciting. Gorres won. Chant 'Filipino 4-Zero!!" 3X.

National anthem, By a Fag Pinoy Brother. Packing boring, I can sing better than them. Mex Anthem, 2 old couple, the woman out of tune. I sang part of the Anthem. US anthem, Trio of Hot Pinay/Hispanic, decent but not good enough.

Gerry time, Gonzales is a Hella Boring, Running away, Mexicans even yelled & egg him " Common Jhonny!!!" White guy in front of me "Fight!! Fight!!! I yelled " Don't be scared, Stop Running!! It's just a small guy!!! Gerry KO him we Chant " Filipino 5-zero. 3X.

Boom time, we started yelling " Filipino 6-zero!!, White guy want to bet pick Ponce, I take it, $20 then raised it to $50. One Round my Money down the drain.

Talk to steve Kim, He said Boom-Boom shows his weakness even in sparring at the wild card gym. Told Kim" You know what I have a guy for Ponce & I mentioned Concepcion. Kim aggreed with me that Concepcion is really impressive.

Still happy though, I predict 5-1, just different guy lost. An enjoyable night for my First Live Boxing event. I won't mind $50 bet loss. the Filipino fighters makes me Proud of being Filipino.

Mex behind shakes our hand, Good fight, No hard feelings. The Mexicans seems really respect Filipino Fighters nowadays. Some complaints of Matchmaking in favor of Pinoys in the early fights.

Lennox signing authographs, just want some Pix with him, just passed me, & say no to the rest of Fans asking for Authograph. Who da pac he is anyway. I'm so tired, I work in the Morning & no time to chase for pix & Autograph.

Swing bout, Nobody cares, Black guy KO a Mex Bum in one rd.

Last Pix opportunity, Tecate girls round girls. put my hands around them, SSSOft.

Time to go home.

Watch the fight, Internet, time to sleep, will work 6 am. Goodnight guys.
PacDbest is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 09:50 PM   #75
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by domngo
I more than agree w/ you this time, UD. How about a rematch w/ Ponce de Leon? That would be blockbuster of fight to pass by Gerry.
i disagree. i see no point in de leon fiighting penalosa again, he wouldn't want to risk taking a body shot like that. and if you ask de leon, he'll just be saying that what merit is there in defeating a guy he's already defeated before

as for gerry, please retire. go enjoy the belt and teach the young pinoy fighters some of your defense! specially bautista because he freaking needs it

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum