Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #31
Fallow
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 447
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton most dominant champ @140...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MancMexican
OMFG you morons!!!!!

The guy is taking the piss... he says hte most dominant champ at 140 ever WITH THE INITIALS RH... RH as in Ricky Hatton

Not exactly rocket science to see it was a joke
It didn't read "with the initials RH" earlier, Sherlock.
Fallow is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-2007, 01:56 PM   #32
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,879
vCash: 75
Default Re: Ricky Hatton most dominant champ @140...

I truly think Hatton is a Top10 Junior Welterweight of all time.

1. Julio Cesar Chavez
2. Kostya Tszyu
3. Aaron Pryor

4. Antonio Cervantes
5. Nicolino Locche
6. Barney Ross

7. Jack Kid Berg
8. Ricky Hatton
9. Eddie Perkins
10. Tony Canzoneri

11. Wilfredo Benitez
12. Duilio Loi

Last edited by Asterion; 08-12-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Asterion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #33
stillafan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Fresno
Posts: 167
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton most dominant champ @140...

Your argument maes no sense, just because you beat a fighter, does not make you as great as he is....example, No one thinks Buster Douglas achieved more than Tyson or is as great or dominant.....he beat him....Forrest is not as Great as Mosley....and Vargas like it or not beat Winky but hes not as great as Winky.......a Rrime Chavez would have walked through Kostya...not the old version he fought....
stillafan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #34
igotJUIC3
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 1368
Default Re: Ricky Hatton most dominant champ @140...

Hatton is a hair above being an all time BUM!
igotJUIC3 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #35
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton most dominant champ @140...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion
I truly think Hatton is a Top10 Junior Welterweight of all time.

1. Julio Cesar Chavez
Quote:
2. Kostya Tszyu

Quote:
3. Aaron Pryor


4. Antonio Cervantes
5. Nicolino Locche
6. Barney Ross

7. Jack Kid Berg
8. Ricky Hatton
9. Eddie Perkins
10. Tony Canzoneri

11. Wilfredo Benitez
12. Duilio Loi


You know me and you have this debate
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #36
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton most dominant champ @140...

Quote:
Originally Posted by muttley
Sorry guys, I tried my best to carry off a thread with the unnerving moronity displayed by bigtime9 on a daily basis, but I've clean run out of options

bigtime9, I salute you - being as big a moron as you is not easy
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:16 PM   #37
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Alaska
Posts: 26,025
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton most dominant champ @140...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafan
Your argument maes no sense, just because you beat a fighter, does not make you as great as he is....example, No one thinks Buster Douglas achieved more than Tyson or is as great or dominant.....he beat him....Forrest is not as Great as Mosley....and Vargas like it or not beat Winky but hes not as great as Winky.......a Rrime Chavez would have walked through Kostya...not the old version he fought....
It was a joke uising Bigtime9's logic and criteria...or lack of.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:23 PM   #38
Asterion
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 5,879
vCash: 75
Default Re: Ricky Hatton most dominant champ @140...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toopretty
You know me and you have this debate

You know what I think, my man: Kostya Tszyu beat more contenders in a better era for the 140 division. Pryor might have looked better -toe to toe- because he fought weaker opposition.

Here are some rankings to check out: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


But it's close, more or less like the Ali-Louis discussion at Heavyweight or the Moore-Charles at Lightheavyweight.
Asterion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #39
MancMexican
Blood & Guts Forever
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ingerlund
Posts: 2,580
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton most dominant champ @140...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallow
It didn't read "with the initials RH" earlier, Sherlock.
My time machine's on the blink, Watson
MancMexican is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 09:42 PM   #40
bandeedo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,905
vCash: 1115
Default Re: Ricky Hatton most dominant champ @140...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosseboi
Just because he was near retired it doesn't mean Tszyu was any worse and he was was hardly old when this fight happened in fact he retired after Hatton dominated him. no point staying in a division where you've been put in your place.

God I hope Hatton beats Floyd then all the muppets will be saying "Yeah Floyd was old, semi retired Hatton needs to fight X, Y, Z" so I can have a great laugh at their expense
you dont think 37 is old for that weight class? then fighters are retiring way too early.
bandeedo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:44 PM   #41
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 11,471
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Ricky Hatton most dominant champ @140...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterion
You know what I think, my man: Kostya Tszyu beat more contenders in a better era for the 140 division. Pryor might have looked better -toe to toe- because he fought weaker opposition.

Here are some rankings to check out: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


But it's close, more or less like the Ali-Louis discussion at Heavyweight or the Moore-Charles at Lightheavyweight.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013