Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-13-2007, 01:53 PM   #31
Darthmage
SILENCE! I KEEL J00!
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: tell me which tyson fight after prison he looked good??

I just watched that round 3 in the second Holy fight. Man that Tyson was ferocious. I wonder if he had fought the rest of the fight like that what would have happened?
Darthmage is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 PM   #32
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Before?

I thought round 2 of Holyfield-Tyson II was Mike's worst completed round of all of them (apart from round 10 in the first, natch!) He threw few punches and landed even fewer.

And round 1, well, Holyfield knocked him into the ropes with a series of shots and Mike looked intimidated already.

AFTER he bit the ear, sure, we saw a bit of the quickness and movement of old. Fueled by him being all pissed-off and angry rather than the same youthful energy. But not before, I'd argue.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 01:55 PM   #33
DamonD
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthmage
I just watched that round 3 in the second Holy fight. Man that Tyson was ferocious. I wonder if he had fought the rest of the fight like that what would have happened?
He collapses and dies of exhaustion in the 5th.
He simply would not be able to keep that pace up. When he was younger, he could've for a few rounds...not then. IMO, of course.
DamonD is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 02:00 PM   #34
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonD
He collapses and dies of exhaustion in the 5th.
He simply would not be able to keep that pace up. When he was younger, he could've for a few rounds...not then. IMO, of course.
Yeah, Tyson wasn't beating Holyfield that night. If he was going to (and felt confident that he would've won), then there would be no bite.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 03:26 PM   #35
josak
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Tyson looked plenty good post-prison but he still wasn't the same guy. He was still barreling into opponents and not slipping/countering/moving in with the jab like he did in his prime. He did better against holyfield then some give him credit for, and he had an overall good comeback up to that point.
josak is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 04:26 PM   #36
MacManJr.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut
hey i think tyson came outta prison a myth.....he looked like shit against mcneely.....horrid against buster mathis(being backed up by both fighters)....honestly i think he even looked like shit against bruno.....leaping in the air going head hunting.....bruce seldon he was standing square....holy #1.....he didnt have a hope in hell after his little flury in the 5th rd....wont talk about 2nd holy fight....botha schooled him for 5 plus rds......weven againt norris he looked like shit.....so tell me which fight did tyson look good in.....the answer is none.....not since june 28 of 91.......lets say lewis is lucky he fought a 35 yr old business man
He's been a bum ever since the Douglas fight.
MacManJr. is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 04:36 PM   #37
Danny
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozziebattler
Tyson's my man but your spot on with your post..

He even stated in many interviews that his time in prison only ****ed him up more mentally..

I THOUGHT PRISON IS SUPPOSED TO REHABILITATE??LOL..

Ruined his career in my opinion..

Also i love your avatar,i remember that episode of footy show it was a classic seeing that sterlo lookalike.

While in prison, Larry King conducted an interview with Mike from Indiana. During the interview, Mike states that he feels prison dehabilitates you, rather than rehabilitates a person.

To the original question, I think Mike looked terrific when starching Frank Bruno in three very one-sided rounds. That night, Mike was throwing combinations, was ferocious, fast & accurate. However, it was apparent that the elusive head-movement was not there.

As far as conditioning, being in shape etc, well Tyson, for the most part of his career, always showed up in shape. Personally, I feel he looked in splendid physcial condition for the Holyfield 2. Mike's was solid, his weight was 218lbs, the lighest since the second Ruddock fight, some 6 years previous.

Mentally, well that's another proposition & if a fighter's not there mentally, then forget about it. Tyson is my favourite fighter of all time, I'm a big fan, but I feel prison did more harm than good for him, that's for sure.

Think about it a second: If you felt you were put in prison for soemthing you did not do, you feel you are innocent etc. How would you feel?

I know I'd certainly hold some sort of anger because of it.
Danny is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #38
Danny
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManJr.
He's been a bum ever since the Douglas fight.
Honestly, do you really believe Tyson has been a bum since the Douglas loss? Boy, if the Tyson who beat Alex Stewart, Ruddock twice, was a bum, then all the contenders coming through the ranks might aswell give up now.

For a bum, Tyson destroyed credible opponents such as Stewart, Ruddock, Bruno etc.
Danny is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 04:48 PM   #39
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Tyson post 96 lost hes stamina, he was a ticking time bomb. In the 1st Holy fight by the 5th round he was spent, mouth open gasping for air and just waiting to be KO'd. Stamina isn't a thing you can work on that much and 3 years not even seeing a boxing gym made the guy lose it. If you took him past the 6th round in the 90s and were still coming on strong (unlike Neilson) then you had him. When the Millenium turned then if you took him past the 4th round then he was a sitting duck.

The guy is my all time favourite fighter but he lost a key weapon, in the 80s he could keep up a pace all fight from the 1st round to the 12 he would be trying to rip your head off, this is why I beleive he would have kicked Lewis's ass in hes prime, the one round he was effective was the 1st in their fight, he had the speed to catch Lewis and the power to hurt him and he won that round.....now in the 80s he was faster and harder to hit and threw in combinations, he would have kept that pace up for 12 rounds instead of the 1, no way would Tyson have lost, watch the 1st round of Lewis-Tyson and imagine if he kept that pace all fight, he would have ****ing owned Lewis.
ChampionsForever is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 04:49 PM   #40
MacManJr.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Honestly, do you really believe Tyson has been a bum since the Douglas loss? Boy, if the Tyson who beat Alex Stewart, Ruddock twice, was a bum, then all the contenders coming through the ranks might aswell give up now.

For a bum, Tyson destroyed credible opponents such as Stewart, Ruddock, Bruno etc.
Tyson's resume has never impressed me.
MacManJr. is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 04:52 PM   #41
Jinx
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by josak
Tyson looked plenty good post-prison but he still wasn't the same guy. He was still barreling into opponents and not slipping/countering/moving in with the jab like he did in his prime. He did better against holyfield then some give him credit for, and he had an overall good comeback up to that point.
good post...Tyson was still a very good fighter post-prison, he just wasn't AS GOOD as he once was...but he was still phyiscally prime, if not technically(no head movement, no jab, loading up)
Jinx is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 04:53 PM   #42
BewareofDawg
P4P Champ
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by anut
hey i think tyson came outta prison a myth.....he looked like shit against mcneely.....horrid against buster mathis(being backed up by both fighters)....honestly i think he even looked like shit against bruno.....leaping in the air going head hunting.....bruce seldon he was standing square....holy #1.....he didnt have a hope in hell after his little flury in the 5th rd....wont talk about 2nd holy fight....botha schooled him for 5 plus rds......weven againt norris he looked like shit.....so tell me which fight did tyson look good in.....the answer is none.....not since june 28 of 91.......lets say lewis is lucky he fought a 35 yr old business man
Yet so many are so quick to hail Holyfied the all-mighty for beating him after he got out of prison.
BewareofDawg is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 05:42 PM   #43
ChampionsForever
ESB VIP
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacManJr.
Tyson's resume has never impressed me.
But Floyd's does??
ChampionsForever is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 05:44 PM   #44
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampionsForever
But Floyd's does??
Floyd has a better resume and better achievements than Tyson.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum