Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-10-2007, 06:50 PM   #1
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Thomas Urlich vs Yuri Barashian - EBU 175 lb Title

According to boxrec, Ulrich takes on a very decent opponent in his next EBU title defence in Yuri Barashian, 23-2 (15 KO). Barashian is 27 years old, reportedly fairly quick, a southpaw, and has some pop in his fists to boot...he will definitely pose some problems for a faded Ulrich. The fight isn't until late November, so both camps will have had 3 full months to prepare.

Ulrich at the moment is a top 10-15 LHW and I would say Barashian is a top 20 fighter. The Ukrainian has some decent wins over the likes of Joseph Marwa, Massimiliano Saiani, Sam Reese, and Istvan Varga while picking up the Ukrainian and WBA Intercontinental titles. His only 2 losses came when he had only 7 fights under his belt. Looks to be a solid, action-packed matchup ahead, let's see how the rest of the card turns out.
Axe is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2007, 06:30 AM   #2
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Thomas Urlich vs Yuri Barashian - EBU 175 lb Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
According to boxrec, Ulrich takes on a very decent opponent in his next EBU title defence in Yuri Barashian, 23-2 (15 KO). Barashian is 27 years old, reportedly fairly quick, a southpaw, and has some pop in his fists to boot...he will definitely pose some problems for a faded Ulrich. The fight isn't until late November, so both camps will have had 3 full months to prepare.

Ulrich at the moment is a top 10-15 LHW and I would say Barashian is a top 20 fighter. The Ukrainian has some decent wins over the likes of Joseph Marwa, Massimiliano Saiani, Sam Reese, and Istvan Varga while picking up the Ukrainian and WBA Intercontinental titles. His only 2 losses came when he had only 7 fights under his belt. Looks to be a solid, action-packed matchup ahead, let's see how the rest of the card turns out.
Barashian is a teak tough cookie with pop in his fists,but I for sure wouldnt calll him a quick fighter,axe!
He scored a knockdown against Stieglitz.Though he lost that fight he made the water very hot for the young German Russian fighter.
My pick: as long as the former kickbox star doesnt land one of his powerful shots Ullrich should be able to win a unanimous decision against Ukranian foe.
Ullrich can punch,too.However,Barashian has a fairly decent chin.
Good opponent for Ullrich! Barashian will be a tough test for him!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 08-11-2007, 06:39 AM   #3
Grabonator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Barashian is a teak tough cookie with pop in his fists,but I for sure wouldnt calll him a quick fighter,axe!
He scored a knockdown against Stieglitz.Though he lost that fight he made the water very hot for the young German Russian fighter.
My pick: as long as the former kickbox star doesnt land one of his powerful shots Ullrich should be able to win a unanimous decision against Ukranian foe.
I agree. Nice fight. Ulrich fights are often entertaining and this opponent is better than the last ones.
Grabonator is offline  Top
Old 08-12-2007, 08:48 AM   #4
Darien
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Exactly the type of fighter Ulrich needs to fight at this point of his career. Good matchmaking.
Darien is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 02:03 AM   #5
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Agreed on the last bit, Odo. I have not seen Barashian in action so I cannot personally judge his handspeed; I was going on hearsay there. Surprised that he dropped Stieglitz at that point of his career, the German was in his 20th pro fight and Barashian had only just turned pro when they fought. It's a very good fight as far as the European title is concerned...perhaps the winner will get a crack at WBA champ Stipe Drews?
Axe is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #6
andyZOR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knock out
Diaconu!!!
Diaconu would destroy him like Adamek did.
andyZOR is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #7
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzOr
Don't think so. Adamek used his skills and movement to outbox Ulrich, setting up the finish...Diaconu would not be able to outbox Ulrich at all and would have to gun for the early KO, which I'm not very sure he'd get. After that, Ulrich stops him late, or wins on points.
Axe is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 08:28 AM   #8
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyzOr
I very much doubt this,too!

Diaconu is a very one-dimensional and predictabe fighter.I for my part would bet my money on the German.
Odo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum