Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 02:10 AM   #31
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Personally I try not to let nuthuggers colour my opinion of a fighter, though it can be hard sometimes. I find the fanatical Wlad fans annoying but I didn't like him much or rate him that highly when he began his career anyway. I actually like Kessler but I have found myself wanting to see him lose based on some of the comments made in the lead up to the Calzaghe fight and I haven't wanted to see Calzaghe win in a long time. But even if Kessler wins I'd be happy as he is the kind of fighter who's style I like and who has always seemed to look for the best fights available.
Brighton bomber is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2007, 02:22 AM   #32
hooligan
Millionaire Bum
ESB Addict

vCash: 1077

this thread is bullcrap...

how can you dislike a fighter because of his fans???

its either you like a fighter because of his style or hate him because of his antics in and out of the ring...not because of his FANS

cmon now sheeesh
hooligan is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 02:34 AM   #33
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimba
Be honest with yourself peabrain or STFU, you dont like PAC..and who said PAC will beat SRL..Duran and Whitaker??? you liar

Everytime you make a stupid post like that ...I'm on you and believe me boy you wont win
Congratulations, you proved his point...
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 02:43 AM   #34
the_what
Bolo Punch KO
ESB Addict

Lots of people hated us Tito fans because we loved partying after he put on a show. I never understood why. We never really badmouth his opposition. Only celebrated victory. Like Tito is going to do over RJ this coming January.
the_what is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 02:56 AM   #35
stillafan
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Tito beat RJJ?? it could happen, but i doubt it....both are past their primes....Titos got totally outclassed by winkys lazer jabathon......RJJ when he wants too can jab real well, still has some speed...although RJJ does make fundamental mistakes that used to get away with when he was prime due to his athelticism.....i can see Tito landing a biomb on him as well...not sure Titos power at that weight, but most likely he still hits hard..

will be interesting!
stillafan is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 05:04 AM   #36
1punch1nder
**Bam Bam**
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

its plainly stupid to hate a fighter because of his fans.
1punch1nder is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 07:39 AM   #37
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillafan
Some pacfans are the worst..........(not all)..but some come out with crazy points of view with no reasoning other than pac will beat Prime Chavez, Duran, Sweet pea, etc etc etc......and lets not forget that Pac would beat Prime Sugar Ray leonard......

I like pac, but lets be logical here...

yeah...but dont you think if that was crazy then the one at fault is the one who compared PAC vs these legends?? hahaha!! people keep pitting PAC against these champs that they think is impossible for a PAC win, and when they get an answer/opinion that PAC could win, they go berserk!
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 07:40 AM   #38
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

i usually like HATERS proven wrong time and time again!!! peace!
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 10:44 AM   #39
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

Someone mentioned the correct way to judge a fighter is by what they do in the ring seperating their activities and personality. Looking down on a fighter due to their illogical fans is truly misjudging a fighter. But I find it hard to totally dismiss a fighters attitude, personality and outside the ring activities when accepting them into your circle. Its only natural to like a fighter based on both their fighting abilities and the content of their character.

For example I think both Tito and DLH have made a great impact in boxing and should both go to the HOF. But I have always enjoyed being a fan of Tito more than DLH because I favor Tito's attitiude over DLH, I've always felt DLH had this fabricated persona and it only became more and more mainstream over the years while Tito has always been (and to his disadvantage) straight up to the point. Its ironic in many ways because I see a lot of DLH in me....we share the same sign and he's a business man just like me, we sometimes adjust our personality to make others more accepting of us not because we are weak but because we feel it will help you open up to us and allow us to better aid you or if you become our enemy it will aid us in munipulating you and take you down. Strange but true........

Last edited by joeburo; 05-01-2006 at 09:57 PM.
Caper is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:32 PM   #40
Pantera
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Thumbs up Re: Boxers you dislike because you hate their fans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychopath
Hey I'm not reffering to you when I said "Pantera" . . . there was a poster here with the same handle before and the guy does nothing but to insult other fighters to lift up Miranda. And guess what? He disappeared after Miranda got humilated by Pavlik . . . not unless you are the same guy.
No. I'm not the same guy. And yes, I've heard that there was a dude with that name here before. Apparently, he was always rattling people's cages here.

Incidentally, I don't disappear when I make a bad prediction, and I never hang on to a fighter as if he were God. I have my favorites, by everyone is beatable so I never put all of my eggs in one basket.

One boxer I particularly dislike is Floyd Mayweather, and I hope he loses soon, just for ****s sake and the pure art of enjoyment and public humilliation. In his particular case, I don't care about his fans since, compared to other fighters, he practically has none.
Pantera is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 PM   #41
Thread Stealer
P4P King
East Side VIP

I don't dislike fighters solely because of their fans, but they can add on to a dislike.

For instance, I never liked Vitali because his style is too ugly for my preference. His fans made me dislike him more.

But as bad as the Klitschko fans are, I can't really dislike Wlad.
Thread Stealer is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #42
Pimp C
I Ain't Got No Worries
East Side VIP

vCash: 138

Margo and Hatton
Pimp C is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:37 PM   #43
BxN
Paranoid Android
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Pea
Pacquaio, and I honestly used to be a fan.
Same here. I stopped being a fan after he beat Barrera.
BxN is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:45 PM   #44
reed_man02
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1391

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbox
yeah...but dont you think if that was crazy then the one at fault is the one who compared PAC vs these legends?? hahaha!! people keep pitting PAC against these champs that they think is impossible for a PAC win, and when they get an answer/opinion that PAC could win, they go berserk!
Why dont you guys avoid those threads, instead of making yoursleves looks like total idiots. Unless, some of you guys are total idiots.
reed_man02 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum