Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-14-2007, 01:30 PM   #16
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: On ESPN first take, boxing came up...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrivera81
I feel you Jimmie. I dont mind them fighting at all. My problem is that these so called experts keep saying boxing is dead in america when 2007 has been the best year for boxing in probably the last 10 years or so, but these assholes dont see that. If they were to really pay attention, they would easily see this fact. Perhaps, they could then get the average sports fan to tune in.
I dont get how Boxing is dead when DLH-Mayweather just shattered the all-time PPV record even surpasing Tyson-Holyfield,Tyson-Lewis That PPV alone is tripling what WWE or UFC does on PPV for the most part.
jimmie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2007, 01:32 PM   #17
jlrivera81
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey
Every time I see the guys over at ESPN talk boxing all they ever do is talk shit about how bad the state of boxing is and that it's a dead sport. I can't tell you how badly that pisses me off because all they're doing is talking out of there ass out of pure ignorance because they have no clue how many great fights are getting made lately. It's enough to almost make me want to put my foot straight through the ****ing TV screen. These guys don't know what the **** they're talking about and they need to learn how to shut the **** up!
man, that's funny!!! but i feel you 100%. that's exactly how i always feel. i was so pissed off when they didnt pay any respect to diego corrales after he died. that shows how pathetic ESPN is when it comes to boxing. i thought PTI would say something. those BASTARDS. I thought they would mention the Judah/Cotto fight b/c Judah is a popular name. But they didnt. I wish I lived near the espn main building so I can just spray paint the entire building with all the great fights that have come up so they can know!!!
jlrivera81 is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:34 PM   #18
jlrivera81
Contender
ESB Senior Member

There are only is only 1 person on ESPN outside of friday night fights that I've heard mention anything good about boxing. Kevin Blackistone always talks about the welterweight division and all the other lighter weight classes saying how fantastic they are. He has mentioned this fact on many occassions during Around the Horn. I like that dude.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #19
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
man, that's funny!!! but i feel you 100%. that's exactly how i always feel. i was so pissed off when they didnt pay any respect to diego corrales after he died. that shows how pathetic ESPN is when it comes to boxing. i thought PTI would say something. those BASTARDS. I thought they would mention the Judah/Cotto fight b/c Judah is a popular name. But they didnt. I wish I lived near the espn main building so I can just spray paint the entire building with all the great fights that have come up so they can know!!!
I agree with you, but I wouldn't single out ESPN as a whole for being "pathetic" when it comes to boxing. After all, during the summer they broadcast WNF and FNF just about every week. I'd reserve the term "pathetic" for entities like Sports Illustrated, The Sporting News, Fox Sports Net, and just about every local and national sports radio host. Those are the ones who really ignore boxing, only mentioning it to throw ignorant criticisms it's way.
Motor City Sam is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #20
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
There are only is only 1 person on ESPN outside of friday night fights that I've heard mention anything good about boxing. Kevin Blackistone always talks about the welterweight division and all the other lighter weight classes saying how fantastic they are. He has mentioned this fact on many occassions during Around the Horn. I like that dude.
Very true. I like Blackistone.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:14 PM   #21
jlrivera81
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motor City Sam
I agree with you, but I wouldn't single out ESPN as a whole for being "pathetic" when it comes to boxing. After all, during the summer they broadcast WNF and FNF just about every week. I'd reserve the term "pathetic" for entities like Sports Illustrated, The Sporting News, Fox Sports Net, and just about every local and national sports radio host. Those are the ones who really ignore boxing, only mentioning it to throw ignorant criticisms it's way.
You're right Motor. It's not the entire ESPN crew. I'm speaking mostly about particular shows like around the horn, pti, espn first take, even mike and mike in the morning. Whenever it's time to discuss boxing, they always say something like "I like to a good prize fight like any other boxing fan, but..." then they go on to bash it. In reality, they dont know shit about boxing and they wouldnt know a good prize if both fighters punched them dead in their mouth. For christs sake, have any of them ever seen gatti vs ward, corrales vs castillo, floyd vs gatti, cotto vs judah, hatton vs castill, miranda vs pavlik, manny vs every mexican on the planet! i mean damn, the list goes on and on and on. none of these great fights get recognition. you would think that b/c DLH is in a lighter weight division that they would pay more attention to the actual division rather than DLH himself.
Old 08-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #22
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict

They know alot about NBA, MLB and NFL, but should defenetly learn more about boxing.
jaycuban is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #23
jlrivera81
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I bet if Mike Tyson were fighting, it would be all over every ESPN show there is.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:19 PM   #24
PolishPummler
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 197

Bayless is a shit talker who loves to stir shit up.
PolishPummler is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #25
Mundo
****s the wives of every
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2658

**** them! **** ufc and mma too!
Mundo is offline  Top
Old 08-14-2007, 03:39 PM   #26
Motor City Sam
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You're right Motor. It's not the entire ESPN crew. I'm speaking mostly about particular shows like around the horn, pti, espn first take, even mike and mike in the morning. Whenever it's time to discuss boxing, they always say something like "I like to a good prize fight like any other boxing fan, but..." then they go on to bash it. In reality, they dont know shit about boxing and they wouldnt know a good prize if both fighters punched them dead in their mouth. For christs sake, have any of them ever seen gatti vs ward, corrales vs castillo, floyd vs gatti, cotto vs judah, hatton vs castill, miranda vs pavlik, manny vs every mexican on the planet! i mean damn, the list goes on and on and on. none of these great fights get recognition. you would think that b/c DLH is in a lighter weight division that they would pay more attention to the actual division rather than DLH himself.
True. What's also frustrating is that often when the media is covering a boxing story, it's something negative like Joe Mesi fighting with a brain injury or Tommy Morrison fighting with the HIV virus. I swear that when Morrison and Mesi were on the same card a few months ago, I heard more about that on EPSN radio than I did about any actual boxing match this year, except for Oscar vs. Pretty Boy.

They don't even put boxing results down at the ticker on the bottom of the screen during Sports Center or ESPN news.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum