Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 08-13-2007, 05:14 AM   #16
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166
Default Re: Lenny Zappa knocked down twice last night

Maybe Lenny is chinny, maybe not.

Havent seen the fight and dont know the circumstances of the KDs. Remember Tszyu got KD twice in the first by Hurtado, for a while people used this to question Tszyu's chin. But anyone who has seen this fight knows that Kostya pretty won most of the exchanges of that round, just got countered by two big shots when he was being to keen after he actually dropped Hurtado once himself.

Dulog has fought at featherweight once and really probably isnt a full grown man yet, he may well fill out to 135 by the time he is in his early 20's.
And though there isnt much evidence of him being a puncher looking at his record, frpm watching him fight several times I can see he can hit a bit and certainly puts everything into his punches.

Hopefully Lenny can learn from this and I hope they dont take a step backwards after this, Lenny should be stepping up now.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-13-2007, 07:23 AM   #17
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Maybe Lenny is chinny, maybe not.

Havent seen the fight and dont know the circumstances of the KDs. Remember Tszyu got KD twice in the first by Hurtado, for a while people used this to question Tszyu's chin. But anyone who has seen this fight knows that Kostya pretty won most of the exchanges of that round, just got countered by two big shots when he was being to keen after he actually dropped Hurtado once himself.

Dulog has fought at featherweight once and really probably isnt a full grown man yet, he may well fill out to 135 by the time he is in his early 20's.
And though there isnt much evidence of him being a puncher looking at his record, frpm watching him fight several times I can see he can hit a bit and certainly puts everything into his punches.

Hopefully Lenny can learn from this and I hope they dont take a step backwards after this, Lenny should be stepping up now.

The only reason Dulog fights above featherweight is because basically...there is very little opponents for him around 57kg...who will actually fight him at 57kg!...and promoters here almost ALWAYS force the hand of these pinoy fighters by only offering them fights ABOVE their true weight.

Just check how many pinoy fighters currently in Aust fighting are actually fighting at their normal weight class...ok, due to the Aust climate, you can alow a kg or two because of the cold compared to the heat of the P.I. but we are talking ridiculous weigt discrepancies for the most part.

The hand is forced for the managers of these guys...it's accept the fight at the mismatch weight or don't fight at all.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 07:25 AM   #18
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet
The only reason Dulog fights above featherweight is because basically...there is very little opponents for him around 57kg, and promoters here almost ALWAYS force the hand of these pinoy fighters by only offering them fights ABOVE their true weight. Just check how many pinoy fighters currently in Aust fighting are actually fighting at their normal weight class...ok, due to the Aust climate, you can alow a kg or two because of the cold compared to the heat of the P.I. but we are talking ridiculous weigt discrepancies for the most part.

The hand is forced for the managers of these guys...it's accept the fight at the mismatch weight or don't fight at all.
Absolutely true.
The only Philipino fightin at his true weight now in Australia, is Ranee Ganoy at Lightweight.
When Ganoy first came he was takin fights as high as Welterweight.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 08-13-2007, 09:00 AM   #19
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Well a kg or two pretty much puts him at lightweight anyway.

Dulog has shown he is a good fighter at those weights.
I mean he gets stopped in 1 round by someone as average as Moey Elomar in one of his only fights at feather but goes the rounds with a puncher like Alan Luxford @ 135.

I agree with your point about filos fighting way above there weight, Just look at Nonoy Gonzales but then again look at Nonoy's results, he is a very competitive and tough fighter even at 160.

Remember that guy Santilossa, he moved up to fight Charlie Vella at 140 and smashed him but not long after he was getting ko'd in a fight at 130.
If they were getting pooned badly every fight I would totally agree that its dangerous and shouldnt be done, but sometimes these guys are doing better the higher weights against the lesser opposition(but sometimes quite good opposition) than they would at their natural weights were sometimes only quite good fighter reside.

Ive got a lot of respect for these new breed of filos coming through, if our boys are struggling with them then maybe they shouldnt be stepping up to fight guys that are better. And the filos are real good, let them stay and make a career out of it.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 AM   #20
Achilles
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR

Maybe you should try opening your eyes and reading the threads then

Maybe you should post something worth opening my eyes for??

Hurry up and confirm your eye infection is forcing you to retire Annfony! Then this forum can get back to being the decent place it was before you stepped into the ring!

All this place is good for these days is the odd laugh and you're a prime example of why mate! In the mean time I'll keep reading selectively, and laughing at the informative boxing threads such as the ones you often contribute to (not), with you believing my eyes are half shut if it makes you feel better!
Achilles is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum