Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

Why has the fight aginst 29-2 Garay been taken off boxrec, Paul is now scheduled to fight in October against TBA.

Even if Briggs is faded now it would have still been a war that I think he could have won. King's doing, or did Garay's team get cold feet?
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2007, 07:21 PM   #2
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
Why has the fight aginst 29-2 Garay been taken off boxrec, Paul is now scheduled to fight in October against TBA.

Even if Briggs is faded now it would have still been a war that I think he could have won. King's doing, or did Garay's team get cold feet?
i heard whispers that they are trying to set up a rematch with stripe drews
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:31 PM   #3
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Van Diemen's Land
Posts: 5,260
vCash: 75
Default Re: Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

Anyone seen or know how his training is going?

I just hope he gets to fight soon. He should if Don King has his back.
Marcus is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:36 PM   #4
huricn
bhsboxing.com
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Anyone seen or know how his training is going?

I just hope he gets to fight soon. He should if Don King has his back.
i heard that its don kings fault that he is not fighting more often. he has been offered other fights but king has said no. i think king will get him another wt shot but he needs to fight more often if he is to win that wt
huricn is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:53 PM   #5
pecks
*****
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 1908
Default Re: Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
He should if Don King has his back.
Dunno about that. Adamek couldn't get regular fights under King.

I think shanemf sees him train sometimes, hopefully he can shed some light on how he is doing.
pecks is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #6
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,959
vCash: 75
Default Re: Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

I think Briggs needs another solid performance against a ranked opponent before getting a title shot again.

Stripe Drews in October wld be good then a title shot in Jan/Feb 08
kel is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:12 PM   #7
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,629
vCash: 166
Default Re: Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

I cant expect Paul would be high on confidence or ring fitness after his last fight.
Drews would be a hard task, possibly harder than Garay, they are different fights but very hard in their different ways.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:18 PM   #8
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
I cant expect Paul would be high on confidence or ring fitness after his last fight.
Drews would be a hard task, possibly harder than Garay, they are different fights but very hard in their different ways.
Drews is such a ****en dirty fighter - would love to see Briggs hammer him again and win the elusive world title he deserves
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:16 AM   #9
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,443
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks
Dunno about that. Adamek couldn't get regular fights under King.

I think shanemf sees him train sometimes, hopefully he can shed some light on how he is doing.
I haven't seen him training but I do know he has sparring Anton Solopov lately.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 03:57 AM   #10
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Queensland Australia
Posts: 4,066
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

That suchs big time for Briggs.

Last edited by Ramon Rojo; 05-04-2006 at 02:46 PM.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:41 PM   #11
Axe
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: And the NEW...
Posts: 6,008
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
i heard whispers that they are trying to set up a rematch with stripe drews
That was the plan, but Drews holds the WBA title and no way Universum let Briggs get a free crack at that belt. He was to beat the WBA's #3 Hugo Garay in an eliminator for the title shot against Drews...
Axe is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 09:46 PM   #12
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 5,966
vCash: 75
Default Re: Hugo Garay pulls out of Birggs fight???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe
That was the plan, but Drews holds the WBA title and no way Universum let Briggs get a free crack at that belt. He was to beat the WBA's #3 Hugo Garay in an eliminator for the title shot against Drews...
and drews knows that Briggs has his number again
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013