Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 08-17-2007, 03:07 AM   #16
Zoom123

vCash: 1000
Default Re: training supplements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aramini
but don't you feel good when you beat someone who is using enhancements doing it all on your own? Isn't the accomplishment so much sweeter?

I'll be honest, I've never beaten a great fighter, but I've beaten some decent ones, without a supplement beyond the occasional power bar. I don't even bother with the vitamins or protein. Hard work really can overcome a lot, and I know that every loss and every victory was really me and me alone.
well if u can beat decent fighters without taking in supplement then u can beat greater figthers with supplement
Zoom123 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 AM   #17
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 202

Quote:
but don't you feel good when you beat someone who is using enhancements doing it all on your own? Isn't the accomplishment so much sweeter?

I'll be honest, I've never beaten a great fighter, but I've beaten some decent ones, without a supplement beyond the occasional power bar. I don't even bother with the vitamins or protein. Hard work really can overcome a lot, and I know that every loss and every victory was really me and me alone.
Do you think supplements fight for you? Supplements are an aid, not a replacement for hard work
RDJ is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 10:01 AM   #18
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

Take some roids
knockout is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 10:39 AM   #19
aramini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ
Do you think supplements fight for you? Supplements are an aid, not a replacement for hard work
some people are on cabinets full of the stuff - is there a significant difference between steroids and a thousand legal supplements? In the weight lifting world this is very common - the huge amounts of supplements, some for quick recovery, some for quick growth, some for cutting fat, some for strength - is all that stuff really philosophically different than steroids? There are a few looks associated with high supplementation that are somewhat pronounced. I can't say its natural.

Once I asked my father if he thought Pacquiao was natural in one weird looking shot before the Morales III fight. He said, no, Pacquiao definitely works out. That cracked me up for a while, that someone believes that natural is simply not working out.
aramini is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #20
Shev
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Please don't try to equate supplements with steriods, steriods use is unfair due to its illegal status, supplements are legal, so its fair game. If you feel that supplements will help you in your goals then take them, its that simple. Why would people try to discourage others from taking products that might actually help?
Shev is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 03:49 PM   #21
LoBlow
No Title Needed!
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shev
Why would people try to discourage others from taking products that might actually help?
Simply put my friend "because of ignorance"
LoBlow is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 11:21 PM   #22
Pugsley
Fat Bastard
ESB Full Member

Quote:

I see what you mean. Its like using a basic tank to destroy an augmented tank. It shows how good you are as an actual pilot without having to rely on fancy add-ons.

I've not come across any roid fighters, or people who cheat (via consumption). Not that I even have a single ounce of belief that it makes them better fighters. I see all those beefcakes at the gym, just wondering when I can get an excuse to break them down. I think you're talking about the psychology of reward when you've beaten someone who was meant to have an advantage over you.

That's a good fighting spirit. I respect that. People in competitive sports always want the easy win.
Pugsley is offline  Top
Old 08-17-2007, 11:38 PM   #23
Pugsley
Fat Bastard
ESB Full Member

Quote:
some people are on cabinets full of the stuff - is there a significant difference between steroids and a thousand legal supplements? In the weight lifting world this is very common - the huge amounts of supplements, some for quick recovery, some for quick growth, some for cutting fat, some for strength - is all that stuff really philosophically different than steroids? There are a few looks associated with high supplementation that are somewhat pronounced. I can't say its natural.

Once I asked my father if he thought Pacquiao was natural in one weird looking shot before the Morales III fight. He said, no, Pacquiao definitely works out. That cracked me up for a while, that someone believes that natural is simply not working out.
Do you mean theoretically (rather than philosphically)?
I think if you want to make that distinction, a supplement is only something that is there to fill in nutritional gaps, more as a supporting provision for any nutritional gaps in your diet. That just puts you in a position to grow at 100% your natural rate.

Steroids on the other hand, lean towards Excess more than supplementation. And end up pushing your growth margins beyond your 100% limit.

But realise that once you take the supplements away from an athlete, his body can go into a state of lethargy / delayed recovery. You can't measure exact quantities for your body, and I suspect that the supplements such as protein/vitamins etc in excess will accumulate and create toxic in the body. This equally affects performance.

IMO You can throw yourself out there in the middle of a sub zero winter night and work out. That will give you all the psychological weapons necessary to outlast anyone.
Pugsley is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 01:51 AM   #24
Marvelous Marcum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:

Maybe that's part of the reason you're a buck twenty?
Marvelous Marcum is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 05:51 AM   #25
Sizzle
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Anything natural is OK in my books. Protein, creatine, vitamins, minerals etc etc. It's all the stuff you get in food anyway.

Synthetic drugs like anabolic steroids certainly alter the playing field.

I'm surprised by your line of thinking Aramini. Natural supplements don't make the fighter.
Sizzle is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 05:28 PM   #26
Shev
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Beating someone who is using supplements may make the victory sweeter for some, but how do you define that?

1. Its virtually impossible to tell if you have beaten someone using supplements as there are no evident indictators of use of supplements.

2. Its unlikely that you will often beat good boxers that use supplements as they usually have the advantages in stamina, speed, power and their skills.

3. The victory maybe sweeter but when you lose its more painful. Uneven odds in a dangerous sport has dangerous repercussions.

Use supplements if you want cause your only defeating yourself by giving others a fair advantage over you.
Shev is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing