Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 08-18-2007, 03:10 AM   #1
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Diets.

Im not good at this department at all.

Im looking to get back into shape. Not become a boxer ( too far from a gym)

But Im looking to look the chubbiness of myself. Im a few lbs overweight

And I just want to get back into shape and look good. Just need some ideas any help would be appreciated.
eze is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2007, 03:41 AM   #2
MrSmall
Journeyman

Default Re: Diets.

Training is easy compared to eating right.
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 04:06 AM   #3
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall
To me!

I love food =D

The only hard part is training myself to eat right =D
eze is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 05:33 AM   #4
MrSmall
Journeyman

I know the feeling.
I like my chocolate and ice-cream!
MrSmall is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 10:45 AM   #5
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

If you're just a little bit chubby, try reducing your portions.
Eat what you want but cut back on the calories.
If your goals are not to extreme, simply cutting back on calories and excercising will help you lose some weight. Of course, the BEST way is to eat healthy foods, and train hard.
Now, if you want to build up muscles and look like a model, then you are going to need to eat right. Six small meals a day, no sugars, high protein, lots of water... and train like a maniac.
Jennifer Love Hewitt is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

I was a bit chubby and have lost 16lbs over the last 3 months. I did it by going on a low GI diet and had 5-6 small meals a day. I also did weights 3 times a week and cardio 3 times a week and the weight came off. I of course had bad days as well. I have 1 cheat day a week but still try to keep within my calorie intake on that day but eat what I like.
Brighton bomber is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 02:11 PM   #7
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brighton bomber
I was a bit chubby and have lost 16lbs over the last 3 months. I did it by going on a low GI diet and had 5-6 small meals a day. I also did weights 3 times a week and cardio 3 times a week and the weight came off. I of course had bad days as well. I have 1 cheat day a week but still try to keep within my calorie intake on that day but eat what I like.
What does the GI diet consist of? I want to lose the weight but also eventually start to pack on muscle which would consist of heavy protein.
eze is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 02:28 PM   #8
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
What does the GI diet consist of? I want to lose the weight but also eventually start to pack on muscle which would consist of heavy protein.
Low GI means low glycemic index, it's the diet diabetics use to control blood sugar levels. It means eating complex carbs like brown bread, wholewheat pasta, fruits and vegatables.

The idea behind it is that complex carbs take longer to breakdown to use as energy than simple carbs like white bread, potatoes or sugary foods and so you don't get blood sugar spikes which will result in fat being stored. The body can only use so many calories in a certain amount of time based upon activity level. Sugary foods or simple carbs are broken down too quickly so the body has excess energy which it stores as fat. Complex carbs are gradually broken down over a few hours so you never have a surplus of energy which will be stored as fat.

So somebody who eats 2000 cals of sugary foods will have blood sugar spikes and troughs. When their blood sugar is high after a bad meal the excess energy will be stored as fat.When it is low the bodys metabolic rate will slow to conserve energy.

While if that same person eats 2000 cals of complex carbs they won't have peaks and troughs in blood sugar level and won't store fat and as the carbs are gradually broken down the bodies metabolic rate will remain steady and not slowdown. So this person will not gain weight.

Look up low GI index and it will give you a list of the foods you should eat.

As for protein I try to have about 35-40% of my calorie intake as protein as I do weights and the body needs it to repair itself.

I also drink organic green tea to speed up my metabolic rate and add chilli tomy food which also speeds up your metabolic rate. Ana always eat breakfast that can increase your metabolic rate by as much as 10% compared to not eating breakfast.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:46 PM   #9
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Low GI means low glycemic index, it's the diet diabetics use to control blood sugar levels. It means eating complex carbs like brown bread, wholewheat pasta, fruits and vegatables.

The idea behind it is that complex carbs take longer to breakdown to use as energy than simple carbs like white bread, potatoes or sugary foods and so you don't get blood sugar spikes which will result in fat being stored. The body can only use so many calories in a certain amount of time based upon activity level. Sugary foods or simple carbs are broken down too quickly so the body has excess energy which it stores as fat. Complex carbs are gradually broken down over a few hours so you never have a surplus of energy which will be stored as fat.

So somebody who eats 2000 cals of sugary foods will have blood sugar spikes and troughs. When their blood sugar is high after a bad meal the excess energy will be stored as fat.When it is low the bodys metabolic rate will slow to conserve energy.

While if that same person eats 2000 cals of complex carbs they won't have peaks and troughs in blood sugar level and won't store fat and as the carbs are gradually broken down the bodies metabolic rate will remain steady and not slowdown. So this person will not gain weight.

Look up low GI index and it will give you a list of the foods you should eat.

As for protein I try to have about 35-40% of my calorie intake as protein as I do weights and the body needs it to repair itself.

I also drink organic green tea to speed up my metabolic rate and add chilli tomy food which also speeds up your metabolic rate. Ana always eat breakfast that can increase your metabolic rate by as much as 10% compared to not eating breakfast.
Thanks a lot man

Yea I knew about the breakfast thing its probably one of the most important things you can do for your health.
eze is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 04:34 PM   #10
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

I would suggest that you begin reading every food label you get. Don't eat anything without reading what's in it first. You'd be surprised at how many things have hydrogenated oils, MSG, high frutose corn syrup....etc, etc. I try to stay away from foods with those things in them...which is pretty much all packaged foods. Which leaves fresh foods, veggies, whole grains, fresh meats. If you try to limit your processed foods you'll be forced to eat healthy because you'll be cooking more. Fresh food is also a lot less calories.
amy is offline  Top
Old 08-18-2007, 06:24 PM   #11
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
I would suggest that you begin reading every food label you get. Don't eat anything without reading what's in it first. You'd be surprised at how many things have hydrogenated oils, MSG, high frutose corn syrup....etc, etc. I try to stay away from foods with those things in them...which is pretty much all packaged foods. Which leaves fresh foods, veggies, whole grains, fresh meats. If you try to limit your processed foods you'll be forced to eat healthy because you'll be cooking more. Fresh food is also a lot less calories.
Thanks Amy for the help.

Yea. I mean I know things to eat but Im exactly sure what to make you know?
eze is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 03:29 AM   #12
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Thanks Amy for the help.

Yea. I mean I know things to eat but Im exactly sure what to make you know?
It is hard at first to know what to cook as taste is important as well as nutritional content but Amy is right in that you should make food from scratch.

I love cheese burgers and make my own from lean steak mince, and low fat cheese in a whole meal bap. It has less that 11g fat per burger or less than 7g fat without the cheese and it tastes good. Though it took me ages to find a low fat cheese that tasted like cheese, most taste like plastic.

Another recipe I often do is to get a chicken breast, slice into the side leaving a nice pocket to put garlic and low fat cheese in and then grill. Its like a chicken kiev but without the bread crumbs.

I also like to shallow fry lean mince meat with vegatables and chilli con carne sauce. Place in to a wholemeal pitta with some grated low fat cheese and then grill on both sides. You don't have to use mince meat though you could use any meat, like turkey or chicken.

It's all about experimenting and trying things out that you like. Eventually you'll reach the point where you have several recipes of you're own that you'll eat regularly and not get bored off. Good luck, it is hard but it's worth the effort and if you do have a bad day and eat badly or not exercise like you had planned, don't get demotivated just start again. I have had numerous days over the last 3 months where I ate too much or didn't exercise enough. As long as you keep at it you'll reach your goal.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:39 AM   #13
eze
Everybody Know Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
It is hard at first to know what to cook as taste is important as well as nutritional content but Amy is right in that you should make food from scratch.

I love cheese burgers and make my own from lean steak mince, and low fat cheese in a whole meal bap. It has less that 11g fat per burger or less than 7g fat without the cheese and it tastes good. Though it took me ages to find a low fat cheese that tasted like cheese, most taste like plastic.

Another recipe I often do is to get a chicken breast, slice into the side leaving a nice pocket to put garlic and low fat cheese in and then grill. Its like a chicken kiev but without the bread crumbs.

I also like to shallow fry lean mince meat with vegatables and chilli con carne sauce. Place in to a wholemeal pitta with some grated low fat cheese and then grill on both sides. You don't have to use mince meat though you could use any meat, like turkey or chicken.

It's all about experimenting and trying things out that you like. Eventually you'll reach the point where you have several recipes of you're own that you'll eat regularly and not get bored off. Good luck, it is hard but it's worth the effort and if you do have a bad day and eat badly or not exercise like you had planned, don't get demotivated just start again. I have had numerous days over the last 3 months where I ate too much or didn't exercise enough. As long as you keep at it you'll reach your goal.

Thank you very much Ill have to try that for sure.

I know too much sodium is bad but what about adding hot sauce to certain meals is that okay? Ive already cut back drastically on bad foods. I still am having a little bad stuff but not near as much. I was drinking up to 5-6 sodas a day. Ive cut it to one/day depending on how late I stay up but its strictly water throughout the day. Hopefully in a few days Ill be cokeless and be on water and protein shakes.
eze is offline  Top
Old 08-19-2007, 06:02 AM   #14
Brighton bomber
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eze
Thank you very much Ill have to try that for sure.

I know too much sodium is bad but what about adding hot sauce to certain meals is that okay? Ive already cut back drastically on bad foods. I still am having a little bad stuff but not near as much. I was drinking up to 5-6 sodas a day. Ive cut it to one/day depending on how late I stay up but its strictly water throughout the day. Hopefully in a few days Ill be cokeless and be on water and protein shakes.
Hot sauce is fine in fact it will help as it speeds up your metabolic rate. I always have some tabasco when I can. I don't have a sweet tooth so coke was never a problem for me. If you have to have a soda try to drink it before exercise so all those calories will be burnt up during exercise.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:09 AM   #15
knockout
Make my day
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmall
Very true
knockout is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing