Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2007, 06:23 PM   #16
BlueApollo
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: A life, Jimmy. You know what that is?
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

Nasty cut on Walstad to open the 7th, clash of heads.
BlueApollo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2007, 06:26 PM   #17
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northwest
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

**** that cut is bad... Vitali vs Lewis bad.. just ****ing bad.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:31 PM   #18
BlueApollo
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: A life, Jimmy. You know what that is?
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

Walstad's cutman is a f*cking hero, that thing stopped bleeding. Too many combinations from Dunne though, even though his defense is shaky.
BlueApollo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:33 PM   #19
BlueApollo
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: A life, Jimmy. You know what that is?
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

Walstad's ready to go...
BlueApollo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #20
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northwest
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

Walstad is a tough SOB. I'm impressed by both these guys, just a good action fight.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:42 PM   #21
BlueApollo
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: A life, Jimmy. You know what that is?
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

No kidding, I spoke waaay to soon. One-sided but terrific fight anyhow.
BlueApollo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #22
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northwest
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

FOTY candidate for sure. Really good fight. Lots of heart, skill, a nasty cut, good crowd.

Thanks for the link, enjoyed the fight!
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #23
BlueApollo
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: A life, Jimmy. You know what that is?
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

BigEars, I owe you one for that link. That was an "absorbing" fight indeed.
BlueApollo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 06:48 PM   #24
nervousxtian
Trolljegeren
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Northwest
Posts: 5,775
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

118-111, 116-112, and lastly 115-113 all for the winner.. and

STILL champion Bernard Dunne!

115-113 is a little too close, but the right guy won.
nervousxtian is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:06 PM   #25
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Middlesbrough via Tipperary Ireland
Posts: 2,338
vCash: 1117
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueApollo
BigEars, I owe you one for that link. That was an "absorbing" fight indeed.
Ya Dunne's fight are always like that , I think it's the atmostphere that does it .

Dunne has gone back to old habbits in terms of keeping his hands way too low . He had stopped doing that a bit in his last two fights but the way he was tonight he was begging to be chinned .

Still Dunne isn't just popular here because he's successful , he's an entertainer and always gives the crowd their monies worth .

I think if the situation calls for it he would box more carefully .

Anyway yeee are welcome for the link , the more people that see Dunne the better .
BigEars is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 07:11 PM   #26
pipe wrenched
ESB ELITE SQUAD
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: West "by God" Virginia
Posts: 14,956
vCash: 1852
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

BigEars - Thank you very much for the hook up. I really enjoyed the action. You're boy dunne looked good int there and that was a great fight to watch.
Hope some day some how i can repay the favor. Thanks again.
pipe wrenched is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:22 PM   #27
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

I just a ran across this thread. Sorry I couldn't see the fight; I'm in the U.S.

I got to know Bernard when he was living in Santa Monica and training at the Wild Card gym. A terrific, fiesty, mischievious kid -- knew every "accidental trick" to get by with. Had great hand speed and ring generalship.

A poster on here mentioned how he held his hands low. He did that sparring then, too, but could really crack with both hands -- threw blazing combinatioins, especially double and triple left hooks to the head and body.

Sadly, he had brittle hands (had just gotten married) and went back to Ireland to recuperate, and never came back.

One of the things he did -- an eccentricity -- (that I always thought he'd pay for one day) was backing away after a clinch and throwing both arms up in the air to reset. Has he broken that habit?
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:29 PM   #28
BlueApollo
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: A life, Jimmy. You know what that is?
Posts: 6,418
vCash: 75
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

Quote:
Originally Posted by john garfield
I just a ran across this thread. Sorry I couldn't see the fight; I'm in the U.S.

I got to know Bernard when he was living in Santa Monica and training at the Wild Card gym. A terrific, fiesty, mischievious kid -- knew every "accidental trick" to get by with. Had great hand speed and ring generalship.

A poster on here mentioned how he held his hands low. He did that sparring then, too, but could really crack with both hands -- threw blazing combinatioins, especially double and triple left hooks to the head and body.

Sadly, he had brittle hands (had just gotten married) and went back to Ireland to recuperate, and never came back.

One of the things he did -- an eccentricity -- (that I always thought he'd pay for one day) was backing away after a clinch and throwing both arms up in the air to reset. Has he broken that habit?
Haha, nope.

It wasn't a result of the move you're talking about, more fatigue and keeping his left too low, but Walstad drilled him with a nasty overhand right in the 12th. He wasn't in "severe" trouble, but he had to hang on for a good thirty or forty seconds to clear his head. Overall though, he looked tremendous, beautiful combinations and body work.
BlueApollo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:37 PM   #29
john garfield
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,914
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bernard Dunne v Reidar Walstad(free stream Tonight/Today)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueApollo
Haha, nope.

It wasn't a result of the move you're talking about, more fatigue and keeping his left too low, but Walstad drilled him with a nasty overhand right in the 12th. He wasn't in "severe" trouble, but he had to hang on for a good thirty or forty seconds to clear his head. Overall though, he looked tremendous, beautiful combinations and body work.
Thanks for the update, BA. Hope at some point he fights again in the U.S. He used to have wars in the gym with Nate Campbell, Israel Vasquez, and "Famoso" Hernandez.
john garfield is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013