Old 02-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #61
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325
Default Re: Why Green Retired in march 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pecks View Post
Fair enough. Will have to see the fight again, but yeah, the cut was already bad before the headbutt.

Was hoping to lure in JD, but instead somehow found teke biting on the end of my line.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2009, 04:50 PM   #62
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamkronk View Post
its almost irrelevant that green should have won the 1st fight because as proven he would have lost the belt on his 1st defence being a rematch with beyer.
Green got lucky 1st fight(which has now been proven) by beyer underestimating greens power and will to win in their 1st fight to come back and school him 2nd fight.

god knows why this debate is still going on green was a very average boxer who had good power and conditioning when with fenech and thats about it.

PerthKronk "never underestimate the power of the people"
Go **** that THING in your avatar
Old 02-16-2009, 04:51 PM   #63
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
You have obviously done as much homework on this as I have mate.

To me, this is not a question about who won, it was a question of the rules.
The referee simply ****ed up.
He declared a deduction of two points for the headbutt, which never made contact with any part of the cut area. He knew that.
After his declaration, that should have been the end of the incident & the round continued, When the Doctor stepped in & told him that the cut was too bad to continue, he said, "It's over, we go to the cards".
That should have been final. He is the referee.
If the decision was in error, it should have gone to a tribunal for review.
The Doctor was outragiously out of line & had no right or authority to dispute the rules.
Not long after the fight, I posted a series of pics leading up to the DQ which showed quite clearly that Green fouled Beyer & could have been DQ for that, but that's not what the referee did, & his decision should not have been contested ringside.

JMO
Old 02-16-2009, 04:56 PM   #64
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I'll respectfully disagree mate.
If the referee was about to make the wrong decision, but someone intervened and informed him of the rules, then that should be fine.
The final headbutt did cause the cut to worsen also. Whether or not Beyer was already in bad enough condition to warrant the fight being stopped is another matter, but IMO, I wouldn't label it a robbery on that alone.
How could the 'final' headbutt cause the cut to worsen when it wasn't anywhere near the cut? Green's right ear grazed against Beyer's right ear.

Beyer's eye was opening up from round 2 onwards, it opened up in round 5 just like it had in the 3 previous rounds, because it was such a nasty cut.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #65
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
How could the 'final' headbutt cause the cut to worsen when it wasn't anywhere near the cut? Green's right ear grazed against Beyer's right ear.

Beyer's eye was opening up from round 2 onwards, it opened up in round 5 just like it had in the 3 previous rounds, because it was such a nasty cut.
Mate, it was more than just Green's ear grazing Beyers ear. I don't think anyone, including Green or Fenech is denying that it wasn't a headbutt.
Beyer was bleeding from his cut, yes. But more blood immediately started to flow straight after the last headbutt. Surely you can see that this had some effect on the cut that was there already?

The referee changing his decision from going to the cards, to DQ, and the fact that Beyer was about one more solid punch away from the fight being stopped has made it a difficult pill for many top swallow.

If someone could post a clip of the final round, it would be appreciated.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2009, 09:26 PM   #66
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Mate, it was more than just Green's ear grazing Beyers ear. I don't think anyone, including Green or Fenech is denying that it wasn't a headbutt.
Beyer was bleeding from his cut, yes. But more blood immediately started to flow straight after the last headbutt. Surely you can see that this had some effect on the cut that was there already?

The referee changing his decision from going to the cards, to DQ, and the fact that Beyer was about one more solid punch away from the fight being stopped has made it a difficult pill for many top swallow.

If someone could post a clip of the final round, it would be appreciated.
Yeah I went looking for it on youtube but no luck.

Seriously though, I've watched the 'final' headbutt plenty of times and the side of Green's head grinds against the side of Beyer's head - there is zero contact with the eye or even the eye or temple area.
Old 02-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #67
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Yeah I went looking for it on youtube but no luck.

Seriously though, I've watched the 'final' headbutt plenty of times and the side of Green's head grinds against the side of Beyer's head - there is zero contact with the eye or even the eye or temple area.
Like I've said, watch the replay in slow mo and there is no contact with the eye, you're right IBM.

I'm computer illiterate something shocking but I'll try putting it up.
sambo1987 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum