Old 02-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #16
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Tui Leveni v Rob Medley

Quote:
Originally Posted by mella View Post
How bout Leveni vs Ryan Waters, absolute war i reckon.
I was thinking a match up with Junior?
one in a million is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2009, 01:46 AM   #17
Sapphire
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I was talking to Junior at the fights and he said that the fight with Ryan Waters will happen... they dont like each other!
Sapphire is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2009, 01:54 AM   #18
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppity View Post
why not medley v pittman?

Pittman said he is struggling to make 160 and Medley is fighting at 154 coming up from 147. Too much weight difference.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2009, 02:03 AM   #19
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphire View Post
I was talking to Junior at the fights and he said that the fight with Ryan Waters will happen... they dont like each other!
Waters v's Junior

Junior v's Leveni

Leveni v's Waters

It's looking good either way
Old 02-21-2009, 03:37 AM   #20
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

I had last nights fight 116-112 in favour in Medley.
Was a terrific main event on FOX & Leveni can only get better from this experience.
That knockdown was a clear slip IMO & was very poor by ref Brad Griffiths who had a pretty ordinary night.
Potential fights for both guys with the likes of Ryan Waters, King Davidson & Dan Dawson would all be terrific to watch.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2009, 04:48 AM   #21
one in a million
Belt holder
ESB Addict

How about Dawson and Waters? That would be a nice match up
Old 02-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #22
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Based on that performance I think Robbie stops Waters.

Tui might be pretty raw and inexperienced but I thought that him and Robbie were pretty evenly matched coming into this fight. I felt Leveni's style and aggression could really upset Robbie..And it did at times but Medley had a pretty good defensive display IMO, better than I have seen from him in a while. Tui was wailing away but getting mostly arms and glove for a lot of the bout.
RE the knockdown..Could have gone either way, if you were Robbie and it was called a slip you would be a pretty shitty. At the end of the day Robbie landed clean scoring blows and Tui went down.
But I understand where Luevini is coming from aswell because if not for the water causing him to lose his footing he would have not went down.
Brad made the call..It was debateble either way, it was one of those line ball decisions as I understand the rules but maybe Mr Vice President can shed some light on it.

Tui will be a very dangerous fighter on the domestic scene in the coming years..This fight was good for him, great to cut his teeth against someone like Robbie over the 12.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2009, 10:04 PM   #23
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock View Post
Based on that performance I think Robbie stops Waters.

Tui might be pretty raw and inexperienced but I thought that him and Robbie were pretty evenly matched coming into this fight. I felt Leveni's style and aggression could really upset Robbie..And it did at times but Medley had a pretty good defensive display IMO, better than I have seen from him in a while. Tui was wailing away but getting mostly arms and glove for a lot of the bout.
RE the knockdown..Could have gone either way, if you were Robbie and it was called a slip you would be a pretty shitty. At the end of the day Robbie landed clean scoring blows and Tui went down.
But I understand where Luevini is coming from aswell because if not for the water causing him to lose his footing he would have not went down.
Brad made the call..It was debateble either way, it was one of those line ball decisions as I understand the rules but maybe Mr Vice President can shed some light on it.

Tui will be a very dangerous fighter on the domestic scene in the coming years..This fight was good for him, great to cut his teeth against someone like Robbie over the 12.
Agree.....I liked both fighters.....Medley looked great.....ready for the big fights now....Leveni will KO's more local guys you can see....he is tough and will put people off the game plan...thats why Rob looked so good to me.

As far as the knockdown I thought it was both...he did go down from clean shots and he also lost his footing due to wet floor....Hard to call that one.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2009, 10:10 PM   #24
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

I made the call years ago that Robbie might turn out a Jase Delisle type fighter...Would give us some entertaining fights on the local scene and will step up the international scene only to fall short.

Robbie looks strong yet still quick and very fit at the new weight..Sorta like how Jase went when he moved up to 175.
I like Robbie's chances of beating a fringe contender at 154 over his chances of ever doing it at 147.

Seems to have the coin and backing to bring good fighters over here and I would love to see him make a run at a title against a few ranked opponants this year. Eventually he loses again but like with Jase we will enjoy the ride.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 01:30 AM   #25
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I would like to see Rob Vs Dawson.....I think Rob wins this...speed and slick boxing will always beat a tough fighter
ashley is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2009, 03:59 AM   #26
Phil Austin
Keep on Kronkin on!
ESB Addict

I have to say I agreed with Brad Griffiths call on the knockdown. The momentum from the punch is what started the whole thing. Thought Medley won clearly - 117-110, Tui had some good moments bet not often enough to take many rounds. Leveni has every right to be proud of himself, I certainly am! This fight will do Tui a lot of good down the stretch
Phil Austin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum