Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-24-2009, 08:36 PM   #1
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED/VIDEO***

Well Cuban boxing has never looked so good in the pros, for the first time we have a good amount of cuban boxers fighting in the pros and best of all in deferent weight classes so its exciting news because they are very talented and its a great oportunity for them to show the talent that has been keeped away from boxing fans all these years.

Here is a list of the new prospects by weightclasses.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5R8EvLUko[/ame]
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rs63VBlKnCM[/ame]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9sKWBdT4Qk[/ame]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZkpuppTlMc[/ame]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKjNmO7GDuE[/ame]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd2KLOvV2nw[/ame]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dwk9sCm9ns[/ame]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DDt5jthwFE[/ame]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzSj_rTvApI[/ame]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4E5wxm6O2OA[/ame]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27aFEojLWAE[/ame]

Last edited by jaycuban; 02-08-2010 at 11:24 PM.
jaycuban is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 08:45 PM   #2
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

Mike Perez, Acosta, Garcia all fighting out of Ireland.
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 08:50 PM   #3
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

I've seen Perez and Acosta. They say Garcia is the better of the three. Perez impresses me a lot, extremely quick for a heavyweight, and has power, too
Old 02-24-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

they all can try for a title but Gamboa,Lara and Rigondaux are the ones with better chance
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #5
fitzgeraldz
And the new
East Side VIP

vCash: 845

Lara and Rigondeaux will be the best out of the pros ...
fitzgeraldz is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #6
Gladiador
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I like to be realistic homie so I would take Johnson, Despaigne and Solis from the list and replace them by Luis Garcia, Mike Perez and maybe Alexei Acosta.

Johnson and Despaigne are too old to really make an impact. Rigondeaux has the same age but we're talking about E.T. material here, he is not human.

Solis is the most talented HW in the world right now (people who dare deny this just don't know who he is) but he is a waste... He dropped boxing and started living the good life. He won't get far. He could be a hell of a champion if he had the Gamboa attitude...

IMO, the safe bets for future championships are Yuriorkis Gamboa (that's a 100% sure value), Erislandy Lara, Ismaikel Perez, Luis Garcia and Guillermo Rigondeaux (if inactivity hasn't killed him).

Alexei Acosta and Yuniel Dortico are really young and have huge potential, let's hope they'll turn into great fighters one day.
Gladiador is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #7
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiador View Post
I like to be realistic homie so I would take Johnson, Despaigne and Solis from the list and replace them by Luis Garcia, Mike Perez and maybe Alexei Acosta.

Johnson and Despaigne are too old to really make an impact. Rigondeaux has the same age but we're talking about E.T. material here, he is not human.

Solis is the most talented HW in the world right now (people who dare deny this just don't know who he is) but he is a waste... He dropped boxing and started living the good life. He won't get far. He could be a hell of a champion if he had the Gamboa attitude...

IMO, the safe bets for future championships are Yuriorkis Gamboa (that's a 100% sure value), Erislandy Lara, Ismaikel Perez, Luis Garcia and Guillermo Rigondeaux (if inactivity hasn't killed him).

Alexei Acosta and Yuniel Dortico are really young and have huge potential, let's hope they'll turn into great fighters one day.
I hope u are right about Gamboa. That is my boy right there. He just has to keep those hands up!
Old 02-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #8
BigEars
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
I've seen Perez and Acosta. They say Garcia is the better of the three. Perez impresses me a lot, extremely quick for a heavyweight, and has power, too
I've seen all 3 of the Irish based Cubans fight live(aswell as seeing Perez on tv a few times), imo Luis Garcia is the best of the lot and a strong strong contender for a future World champion. Of course it's still very early but if I was asked if I fancied the guy to do it or not I'd say he'll do it.

Perez is a better option than Solis at Heavyweight, merely because while he also has bags of natural talent he actually stays in shape, motivated and has continued putting guys away early and not messing about.

I was impressed with what I've seen of Acosta aswell.

All 3 fight in Newcastle, England on the 28th of this month. Just a few days away now.
BigEars is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #9
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEars View Post
I've seen all 3 of the Irish based Cubans fight live(aswell as seeing Perez on tv a few times), imo Luis Garcia is the best of the lot and a strong strong contender for a future World champion. Of course it's still very early but if I was asked if I fancied the guy to do it or not I'd say he'll do it.

Perez is a better option than Solis at Heavyweight, merely because while he also has bags of natural talent he actually stays in shape, motivated and has continued putting guys away early and not messing about.

I was impressed with what I've seen of Acosta aswell.

All 3 fight in Newcastle, England on the 28th of this month. Just a few days away now.
I can't wait for that! I hope to catch them on youtube later on.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:12 PM   #10
11player
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I haven't seen much of Perez yet, but from what I've watched Solis is still better even at a fatso 250lbs shape.

Gotta put things in perspective, Solis has been fighting decent opposition while Perez has only been out there with tomato cans till now.
11player is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #11
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Solis should be in better shape if he wants to be taken seriously, the man doesn't even look like a sportsman in there.

Apart from that, Cuban fighters are shining and I'm loving it, they deserve all the recognition as real people that represent boxing.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #12
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
Solis should be in better shape if he wants to be taken seriously, the man doesn't even look like a sportsman in there.

Apart from that, Cuban fighters are shining and I'm loving it, they deserve all the recognition as real people that represent boxing.

Right on point !
jaycuban is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2009, 06:28 AM   #13
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11player View Post
I haven't seen much of Perez yet, but from what I've watched Solis is still better even at a fatso 250lbs shape.

Gotta put things in perspective, Solis has been fighting decent opposition while Perez has only been out there with tomato cans till now.

Perez KO2 Duiven

Solis PTS Duiven

only 7 months between those fights.......
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2009, 06:53 AM   #14
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Garcia at SMW.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2009, 07:02 AM   #15
hmi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i just do hope that their chins can hold up in the pro. They may be technically good boxers but their chins are unproven yet. Just think of Gamboa, a very good boxer with a lot of promise but he got KD'ed by lesser opponents. A higher level of fighter might just do the trick and stop Gamboa. So much for his amazing skills. The same can be said about the rest of them.
hmi is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum