Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: who is the true mexican fighter? lol!
marquez 26 31.71%
diaz 7 8.54%
who the **** cares! 49 59.76%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-24-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
Realspitts
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Marquez: I am the true Mexican fighter in this fight!

Juan Manuel Marquez recently spoke to Mexican media about his upcoming lightweight clash with Juan Diaz set for this Saturday night on HBO!Juan Manuel Marquez:Diaz is a fighter that throws many punches. Every second and minute of every round Diaz is throwing punches and theyre all coming from different angles. We have prepared for this. This is why I have put special attention in my training on my speed and my reflexes. I feel we have prepared everything for this fight that I need to be successful. I think the crowd in Houston will be divided. There will be many Mexicans and many Texans. I think the Mexicans will support the only 100 per cent Mexican fighter in the ring that night, and thats me. Im the true Mexican fighter in this match up. At the end of the day it will be only be me and Juan Diaz in the ring.On training for the Diaz fight:In the final stage of training we really focused on working with speed. The strength is already there, we worked on that and its where we want it to be. Now we have added the speed.On Juan Diaz:Diaz is a fighter that throws many punches. Every second and minute of every round Diaz is throwing punches and theyre all coming from different angles. We have prepared for this. This is why I have put special attention in my training on my speed and my reflexes. I feel we have prepared everything for this fight that I need to be successful.On fighting in Diazs home town of Houston:I think the crowd in Houston will be divided. There will be many Mexicans and many Texans. I think the Mexicans will support the only 100 per cent Mexican fighter in the ring that night, and thats me. Im the true Mexican fighter in this fight. At the end of the day it will be only be me and Juan Diaz in the ring.On the state of Mexican boxing:Weve just had a bad streak, but Mexican boxing has always had the guts and the courage to go on and this will not be an exception. Margarito lost. Arce lost. Now my fight is coming up and let me tell you I will put all my heart, blood, and soul on the line to get the victory for the Mexicans so we can end the bad streak we are having.
Realspitts is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #2
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Marquez: I am the true Mexican fighter in this fight!

who brings the most mexican fans win!!!!
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 09:08 PM   #3
J.R.
No Mames Guey
East Side Guru

vCash: 107

Typical ****ing Mexican calling us Mexican-Americans half-breeds. The event will be held on Juan's home turf so if he thinks people will be rooting for him he's ****ing nuts. I'm still rooting for JMM, but he can **** off with his comment.
J.R. is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. View Post
Typical ****ing Mexican calling us Mexican-Americans half-breeds. The event will be held on Juan's home turf so if he thinks people will be rooting for him he's ****ing nuts. I'm still rooting for JMM, but he can **** off with his comment.

its good you dont tolerate this kind of remarks, Having been raised somewhere else but still with Mexican or whatever race running down your veins should make you more proud especially if you are represented in a good way.
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 09:25 PM   #5
bernie4366
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1090

I don't think he means it as a slur on Mexican-Americans... in boxing it's very important financially for these guys to be %100 authentic Mexican, their fan base eats that shit up. That's why a lot of them pretend they can't speak English. MAB speaks pretty well, supposedly Margo speaks english too, but you'll rarely hear them acknowledge it.
bernie4366 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #6
boxbox
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
I don't think he means it as a slur on Mexican-Americans... in boxing it's very important financially for these guys to be %100 authentic Mexican, their fan base eats that shit up. That's why a lot of them pretend they can't speak English. MAB speaks pretty well, supposedly Margo speaks english too, but you'll rarely hear them acknowledge it.

even if he's against homeboy?
boxbox is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #7
Realspitts
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i hope the mexican-american can pull it off but i highly doubt it. i remember the same type of "real mexican" shit playing great hype for dlh-jcc.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:30 PM   #8
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

Lol real Mexican.

You wont see Mayweather and Clottey arguing whos real African.
Danny_Rand is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 09:35 PM   #9
Realspitts
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie4366 View Post
ain't that the ****in truth! diaz even comes out to mexican music when everybody damn well knows he's a rap & hip hop head.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:37 PM   #10
carias
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_Rand View Post
Lol real Mexican.

You wont see Mayweather and Clottey arguing whos real African.
Mayweather hasn't even seen Africa.
carias is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 09:46 PM   #11
Jason997
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Right, Juan Diaz is a Mexican-American. Something I bet most Mexicans would consider to be a pretty good upgrade
Jason997 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 09:49 PM   #12
Soriano
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yes, I do believe.... no question about his being true Mexican.
Soriano is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #13
Grinder
Dude, don't call me Dude
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason997 View Post
Right, Juan Diaz is a Mexican-American. Something I bet most Mexicans would consider to be a pretty good upgrade
So I can become half American if I move to America?

I think I'll stay in Antarctica.

Seriously, wtf does where you live have to do with who you are? Juan Diaz probably sees more opportunity in the USA, but does that mean he is less Mexican? I don't know. But I think he is the guy who can answer the question, not JMM.

Should be a great fight, too bad it won't be televised in Antarctica. F--kin HBO.
Grinder is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 10:13 PM   #14
Danny_Rand
Slick N Quick
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
So I can become half American if I move to America?

I think I'll stay in Antarctica.

Seriously, wtf does where you live have to do with who you are? Juan Diaz probably sees more opportunity in the USA, but does that mean he is less Mexican? I don't know. But I think he is the guy who can answer the question, not JMM.

Should be a great fight, too bad it won't be televised in Antarctica. F--kin HBO.
Juan Diaz is an American. He may be of Mexican descent, but he is an American by birth and I doubt he is going to be moving to Mexico anytime soon.
Danny_Rand is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 10:14 PM   #15
enzo
Greatest Of All Time
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

LOL at JMM

He should thank the mexican-americans coz they are the one who's buying his fights.
enzo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum