Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2009, 07:05 AM   #16
asero
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 8,419
vCash: 75
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

lara is my favorite there
asero is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2009, 07:18 AM   #17
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

Nice summary. If you have the time Jay, you should keep us updated in all-Cuban boxing thread.

Fighters I'd add: obviously Perez, Garcia, Acosta, Yoan Pablo Hernandez at CW, and there's this Angelo Santana guy I found on boxrec, whom I've never heard of. He's 5-0.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BigBone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:49 AM   #18
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 4,528
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycuban View Post
Well Cuban boxing has never looked so good in the pros, for the first time we have a good amount of cuban boxers fighting in the pros and best of al in deferent weight classes so its exciting news because they are very talented and its a great oportunity for them to show the talent that has been keeped away from boxing fans all these years.

Here is a list of the new prospects by weightclasses.


Bantamweight - Guillermo Rigondeaux
- making pro debut, 2 Olympic Gold Medals, Ametuer Record of 243w-4l

Lightweight - Yuriorkis Gamboa - 14(12) - 0
- Pro debut April 27, 2007, 1 Olympic Gold Medal

Welterweight - Yudel Johnson
- making pro debut, 1 Olympic Silver Medal

Light Middleweight - Erislandy Lara - 4(3) - 0
- Pro debut July 4, 2008, Amatuer World Champion Gold Medal, Amatuer Record of 116w-15l

Middleweight - Yordanis Despaigne
- making pro debut

Cruiserweight - Yuniel Dortico
- making pro debut

Heavyweight - Odlanier Solis - 13(9) - 0
- Pro debut April 27, 2007, 1 Olympic Gold Medal, Amatuer Record or 227w - 14l
What an impressive list of Cuban fighters it is!
I am absolutely positive that abovementioned Cubans will make a lot of noise in the upcoming months.
I very much hope that they wont showcase their skills only on American soil!
Odo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:18 AM   #19
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Nice summary. If you have the time Jay, you should keep us updated in all-Cuban boxing thread.

Fighters I'd add: obviously Perez, Garcia, Acosta, Yoan Pablo Hernandez at CW, and there's this Angelo Santana guy I found on boxrec, whom I've never heard of. He's 5-0.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Nice, thanks bro.
jaycuban is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:19 AM   #20
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asero View Post
lara is my favorite there
wait till you see Rigondeaux.
jaycuban is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:23 AM   #21
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Swansea, South Carolina
Posts: 3,857
vCash: 1218
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycuban View Post
Well Cuban boxing has never looked so good in the pros, for the first time we have a good amount of cuban boxers fighting in the pros and best of al in deferent weight classes so its exciting news because they are very talented and its a great oportunity for them to show the talent that has been keeped away from boxing fans all these years.

Here is a list of the new prospects by weightclasses.


Bantamweight - Guillermo Rigondeaux
- making pro debut, 2 Olympic Gold Medals, Ametuer Record of 243w-4l

Lightweight - Yuriorkis Gamboa - 14(12) - 0
- Pro debut April 27, 2007, 1 Olympic Gold Medal

Welterweight - Yudel Johnson
- making pro debut, 1 Olympic Silver Medal

Light Middleweight - Erislandy Lara - 4(3) - 0
- Pro debut July 4, 2008, Amatuer World Champion Gold Medal, Amatuer Record of 116w-15l

Middleweight - Yordanis Despaigne
- making pro debut

Cruiserweight - Yuniel Dortico
- making pro debut

Heavyweight - Odlanier Solis - 13(9) - 0
- Pro debut April 27, 2007, 1 Olympic Gold Medal, Amatuer Record or 227w - 14l
Isint Gamboa a Featherweight or did he move up?
Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:40 AM   #22
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cuba View Post
Isint Gamboa a Featherweight or did he move up?
Oh yeah true, my bad

Last edited by jaycuban; 02-25-2009 at 09:58 AM.
jaycuban is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:05 AM   #23
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED***

AWESOME job with the pictures, Jay!
BigBone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:08 AM   #24
Bad_Intentions
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Miami FL, USA
Posts: 3,688
vCash: 153
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

out of all of them...rigondeaux & lara

but dude, you're getting a little over yourself with these cubans making it pros .
Bad_Intentions is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:29 AM   #25
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED***

Oh by the way, who's this Osmany Acosta? Alexei Acosta, 21 is the 3rd Cuban in Ireland, he's a former Junior World Champion according to Wikipedia. He fights at super bantam at the moment.
BigBone is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:37 AM   #26
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Oh by the way, who's this Osmany Acosta? Alexei Acosta, 21 is the 3rd Cuban in Ireland, he's a former Junior World Champion according to Wikipedia. He fights at super bantam at the moment.

Yeah I fixed it, I got confused with Osmany Acosta, a good young
heavyweight from Cuba... but he did not defect.
jaycuban is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:40 AM   #27
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hollywood, CA
Posts: 1,631
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Intentions View Post
out of all of them...rigondeaux & lara

but dude, you're getting a little over yourself with these cubans making it pros .

you have to understand that if you are a fan of this guys in Cuba before they even got to fight worldwide and be seen, when they do you are really happy and always wonder "what if they fought in the pros... how would they do?" and so I've been asking myself that question for the last 10 years... and now its the only time were il get to see them in the pros.
jaycuban is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:48 AM   #28
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmi View Post
i just do hope that their chins can hold up in the pro. They may be technically good boxers but their chins are unproven yet. Just think of Gamboa, a very good boxer with a lot of promise but he got KD'ed by lesser opponents. A higher level of fighter might just do the trick and stop Gamboa. So much for his amazing skills. The same can be said about the rest of them.
chin only really makes a difference when your stepping up to a guy who can bang and has a few skills of his own.

there skills and confidence in there abilty's will get them up to a top level....also they are more vetran than most dubutants and if they do get caugth they will know how to look after themselves.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:49 AM   #29
Kid Cuba
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Swansea, South Carolina
Posts: 3,857
vCash: 1218
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED***

If were adding prospects here are some more you can add:

Light Welterweight - Stalin Lopez 2(1)-0

Welterweight - Angelo Santana 5(4)-0

Light Middleweight - Reward Marti 4(4)-0

Middleweight - Yoanqui Lopez 1(0)-0
Kid Cuba is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #30
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of Cuba in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo View Post
What an impressive list of Cuban fighters it is!
I am absolutely positive that abovementioned Cubans will make a lot of noise in the upcoming months.
I very much hope that they wont showcase their skills only on American soil!
**** of bitch they are in europe your gov dont want them.











ALL good
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013