Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-29-2009, 09:45 PM   #31
rodney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

You will eventually get knocked out cold and probably hurt pretty good.
Even George Chuvalo never took punches for free.
George always had his hands up high with an excellent guard position.
He often said that if you watch his fights, you will see that he did not get hit often square on the chin but most of the punches he took landed high on the head and those punches he could take all day long.
So if you decide to box --- practice blocking, slipping and avoiding punches rather than testing your "chin tolerance level".
P.S.
We used to make fun at so called tough guys who couldnt box a lick.
You do not want to be referred to as a human heavy bag -- do you.
rodney is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2009, 06:38 AM   #32
stefanoitch
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: I want to ask a newbie question! Can someone tell me your opinion!!!

12 rounds?? you went 12 rounds and you have never boxed before. That sounds totaly unrealistic. Even a pro boxer has a hard time doing 12 rounds and espesially if he's taking a beating
stefanoitch is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 08:07 AM   #33
xoum
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

i think you got KO ed in the first round the rest is a dream you had when you were in hospital.....have some rest kid....
xoum is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2009, 08:54 AM   #34
telboy66
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

If you seriously want to become a boxer the first thing you need to do is dump that arsehole trainer you've got & get someone who cares about your health anyone who would allow a young kid to go 12 rounds their first time in the ring only has their eyes on the fast buck
telboy66 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2009, 08:38 PM   #35
cord53

as a former trainer go find another gym. you should not be going 12 rds. if it's true.
cord53 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2009, 11:18 PM   #36
QuestionKid7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I'm going to have to ask how long were the rounds?
QuestionKid7 is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #37
RedDragonBoxing
Ametuer Boxer
ESB Addict

vCash: 902

Hard to say man. But if you got the crap beaten out of you by a guy whose knocked out most of the people hes fought thats impressive. Im an amateur myself with a record of......well 0 fights. been a big fan for years and can spot and adapt well so far. dont know how good i am till i have my first fight like
RedDragonBoxing is offline  Top
Old 02-27-2009, 09:51 PM   #38
Corrosion

You're full of crap.

You can't go 12 rounds of sparring your first time. CAN'T. I don't care how much running you do.

No fighter with that much experience would put some noob in there just to beat on. What would be the point? And if he's an amateur, EVEN HE probably can't beat on you for 12 rounds without gassing.

If this is somehow true (which it's not), you're a COMPLETE and utter moron for letting someone pummel your dumb ass for 12 rounds. Being that stupid isn't normal, and means you're mother has a 93.6% chance of being your sister. I humbly request then, that you do not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, procreate, and spare the earth of further tainting from your filthy, inbred genetic stain.

So, are you a dumbass or a liar? I guess it doesn't matter.

**** off and kill yourself (mildly of course).
Corrosion is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2009, 08:36 AM   #39
Irish Steel
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
You're full of crap.

You can't go 12 rounds of sparring your first time. CAN'T. I don't care how much running you do.

No fighter with that much experience would put some noob in there just to beat on. What would be the point? And if he's an amateur, EVEN HE probably can't beat on you for 12 rounds without gassing.

If this is somehow true (which it's not), you're a COMPLETE and utter moron for letting someone pummel your dumb ass for 12 rounds. Being that stupid isn't normal, and means you're mother has a 93.6% chance of being your sister. I humbly request then, that you do not, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, procreate, and spare the earth of further tainting from your filthy, inbred genetic stain.

So, are you a dumbass or a liar? I guess it doesn't matter.

**** off and kill yourself (mildly of course).
GTFO NOOB. Dumb ass noob having some roid rage?
Irish Steel is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing