Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavk
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default British Forum BETTING thread

I think we should have a thread dedicated to this artform. I personally like to win enough betting to pay for the weeks food and drink. What do you spend your winnings on?

Are you a regular better - what sports do you bet on?

Purely in online terms - where do you bet?

Who were the biggest winners and losers this weekend? I had 10 on Rocky Juarez and 100 on Marquez which luckily I had already waged prior to changing my mind to Juan Diaz! I won 61 minus the 10 for Juarez for earnings of 51

Which lines are interesting you in the near future?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Last edited by TFFP; 03-01-2009 at 05:23 PM.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2009, 04:32 PM   #2
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,338
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Please make this a sticky!!

I occasionally bet on boxing and cricket. My main betting is on football and rugby..... don't remember the last time I lost on rugby, but don't stick enough cash on to make a decent return!
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:33 PM   #3
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavk
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Please make this a sticky!!

I occasionally bet on boxing and cricket. My main betting is on football and rugby..... don't remember the last time I lost on rugby, but don't stick enough cash on to make a decent return!
I had a cheeky bet on Ireland at half-time.

Where do you bet?
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,338
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Generally William Hill online..... there is also a shop near me so often call in as well.

I left the rugby alone this weekend, wasn't sure how many Ireland would beat England by, with Ireland being 1/4 purely for the win, not worth it at all.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:37 PM   #5
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,338
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I might stick a few quid on South Africa to beat Australia tomorrow, their bowlers will be tired, Kallis at the crease and DeVilliers, Duminy and Boucher to come in.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #6
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavk
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Generally William Hill online..... there is also a shop near me so often call in as well.

I left the rugby alone this weekend, wasn't sure how many Ireland would beat England by, with Ireland being 1/4 purely for the win, not worth it at all.
They were around 1/2 at half-time after the shakey first half on Betfair!

I'm usually with Bet365 for boxing parlays.

Not a fan of betting on football. Too much luck involved, goes in off a guys ass and thats money down the drain. Shit odds on the good teams. There isn't any great value such as in boxing, where we can make decisions based on style with luck being a much smaller intangible.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:45 PM   #7
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I bet small the whole time and generally win

This weekend
€15 on Munroe on points @ 1/1 - WIN

and

€10 on a 5 way accumulator which was 10/1
(Munroe on PTs, Glen Johnson, Adamek KO/TKO, JMM and John on PTs)

^
only John on points didnt come in, but in truth it did, them judges cost me €100 the ****ing cunts
Healy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavk
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healy View Post
I bet small the whole time and generally win

This weekend
€15 on Munroe on points @ 1/1 - WIN

and

€10 on a 5 way accumulator which was 10/1
(Munroe on PTs, Glen Johnson, Adamek KO/TKO, JMM and John on PTs)

^
only John on points didnt come in, but in truth it did, them judges cost me €100 the ****ing cunts
Unlucky mate. That was a smart bet, should have come through for you.

Hopefully this thread will bring to peoples attention some good bets. I think a lot of people missed Karo Murat by stoppage last night. Crazy good odds on betfair, 5/1 at one point against a guy that has already been stopped twice!
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:49 PM   #9
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: trying to increase my overdraft....
Posts: 23,338
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Do those sites offer better odds than Willhill or Skybet?

Willhill still have Rhodes at 8/11...... seems a lot better value than Jamie Moore at 1/9......
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #10
MightyLondoner
Underdog
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bedford, England
Posts: 455
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

One of my best mates works for betfair, im not a major gambler but every now and then ill have a flutter.. last time i put a tenner on pacquaio to beat De La Hoya, cant remember what i got but i think it was about 40 quid.
MightyLondoner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavk
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

You can get Ryan Rhodes at 9/10 on Boylesports. Infact, he and Small are 9/10 here.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is your friend
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 04:55 PM   #12
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Do those sites offer better odds than Willhill or Skybet?

Willhill still have Rhodes at 8/11...... seems a lot better value than Jamie Moore at 1/9......
Betfair generally offers better prices

Not much use for accumulator bets though unless you are by the computer the whole time and the events are not at the same time
trotter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #13
trotter
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,382
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post

Not a fan of betting on football. Too much luck involved, goes in off a guys ass and thats money down the drain. Shit odds on the good teams. There isn't any great value such as in boxing, where we can make decisions based on style with luck being a much smaller intangible.
My Betfair account showed me well up on football, down on boxing, and catastrophic on horses. Overall down, of course.

Which is in line with my knowledge of each sport.

Every now and again a football match crops up that is nailed on, it's a gut feel, and I can confidently pick it.

For example England to win to 0 is often a good bet and the scorers aren't shared around much.

A lot of matches scream 0-0 too.

Khan to beat Barrera could be value. ****** isn't paying Barrera to come over and slay his cash cow is he.
trotter is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
Healy
Former Wee Poof
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,832
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Unlucky mate. That was a smart bet, should have come through for you.

Hopefully this thread will bring to peoples attention some good bets. I think a lot of people missed Karo Murat by stoppage last night. Crazy good odds on betfair, 5/1 at one point against a guy that has already been stopped twice!
I now, was gutted to be honest.

I had a look at Murat, but wasnt touching that fight on the basis their first fight looked close although it was a UD. Murat was 1/4 on to win straight with Paddy Power.

Didnt touch Skelton-Rogan nor the Thaxton fight either and thankfully i was proven right in both, that they were hard to call and Rogan upset the odds, as did Mezaache

I try to have a bet every weekend of two.

Biggest win was 370 for a 45 bet

Id like if this thread was stickied
Healy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #15
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavk
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by trotter View Post
Betfair generally offers better prices

Not much use for accumulator bets though unless you are by the computer the whole time and the events are not at the same time
Yes. I use Betfair for single bets and Bet365 for parlays. Works a treat.

9/10 on Rhodes. I'm definitely putting a ton on that.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013