Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #16
TheRock49
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 588
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphc View Post
Hmmmmm.......you have a woman teaching you boxing and kung-fu. Now you need advice about how to tell her that you are ready for big tournaments?

My trainers is a woman. She was the WBA belt holder about half a year ago... I know she could whoop my ass and Im willing to put money on it, unless you're Kermit Cintron, she could whoop yours. Whats with all you guys criticizing and bashing people instead of helping and giving them your suggestions? You few guys are making this forum very undesirable to contribute to.
TheRock49 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #17
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looks like someone needs a hug.
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphc View Post
Hmmmmm.......you have a woman teaching you boxing and kung-fu. Now you need advice about how to tell her that you are ready for big tournaments?
She'd probably whoop your a$$.
amy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:22 PM   #18
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,177
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
What exactly is the point you are trying to make here?

I agree with the sentiment of a lot of your posts mate but you are a cynical prick at times.


In a real boxing club the trainers tell you when you are ready, you don't tell them. You can't expect a kid to evaluate his own performance. Competent female trainers are somewhat rare, and in this particular case she doesn't train kids for tournaments but she does give them kung-fu lessons. Don't you find that a bit suspicious? This guy is asking advice about how to talk to his trainer, in other words that bitch is hard to talk to and takes issue with everything you say to her. We have all met women like that, but you sure as hell don't want them training you.
ralphc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #19
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looks like someone needs a hug.
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphc View Post
In a real boxing club the trainers tell you when you are ready, you don't tell them. You can't expect a kid to evaluate his own performance. Competent female trainers are somewhat rare, and in this particular case she doesn't train kids for tournaments but she does give them kung-fu lessons. Don't you find that a bit suspicious? This guy is asking advice about how to talk to his trainer, in other words that bitch is hard to talk to and takes issue with everything you say to her. We have all met women like that, but you sure as hell don't want them training you.
You are a complete moron.
amy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:34 PM   #20
ralphc
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,177
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy View Post
You are a complete moron.


That might be true but in Joe Frazier's book Box Like The Pros there is no mention of kung-fu lessons nor PMS.
ralphc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 PM   #21
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Looks like someone needs a hug.
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphc View Post
That might be true but in Joe Frazier's book Box Like The Pros there is no mention of kung-fu lessons nor PMS.
Yep. You really are a total idiot.
amy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 PM   #22
Boxaholic
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 151
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphc View Post
That might be true but in Joe Frazier's book Box Like The Pros there is no mention of kung-fu lessons nor PMS.

maybe I'm an idiot because I dont see the connection between this post and the others except women have pms.... which is pre-menstral....something....???

seriously though, instead of making a bad situation worse by acknowledging ***ist or dickhead posts just bite your tongue (or keyboard) and ignore it. If we all did this there would be alot less negative posts. Generally if you respond to a post like that your post ends up being negative (ie, your an idiot) and you can be damn sure their response is going to be negative.
Boxaholic is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #23
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Montana
Posts: 2,981
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
yes amy i have had boxing training.
thanks aj415 for sticking up for me but i think i can handle this fool on my own.
my question kolya isnt how to enter the tournament, its how do i go about asking my coach who hasn't been active lately in the boxing community to start back up for me with out sounding like a jackass

Then do what everyone else said and tell her you want to compete. And if she isn't a registered USA Boxing coah (which she might not be if she hasn't been involved in a while, like you said), then find a different gym with coaches who are certified. And do you have any sanctioned amateur matches?
Kolya is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #24
Ajfourty7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 161
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

HAHA RDJ lays down the law.
Ajfourty7 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #25
cord53
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: cincinnati ohio
Posts: 8
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

easy find a coach who is involved in the golden gloves
cord53 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:05 AM   #26
stevexx28
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 412
vCash: 966
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRock49 View Post
My trainers is a woman. She was the WBA belt holder about half a year ago... I know she could whoop my ass and Im willing to put money on it, unless you're Kermit Cintron, she could whoop yours. Whats with all you guys criticizing and bashing people instead of helping and giving them your suggestions? You few guys are making this forum very undesirable to contribute to.
Haha even if you are kermit cintron she could still whoop your ass lol.
stevexx28 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #27
TheRock49
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 588
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Golden gloves question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevexx28 View Post
Haha even if you are kermit cintron she could still whoop your ass lol.

I think I used his name because I was watching him fight in the background. He's techniquely sound... that Cintron vs Rivera fight was quite messed up though...
TheRock49 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013