Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #76
Ricky369
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED***

Never know!! Most of them are in a age where they should be champions already. Most of them have been getting hit for a long time. Others find the freedom in USA too tempting or discover they want to do other things. I will say may be 2 of them will be stars..
Ricky369 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2009, 11:48 PM   #77
Ricky369
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: The Future of CUBA in the Pros, by Weightclasses. (List Inside) ***UPDATED***

Let me explain and I hope you don't get offended. Cuba used to dominate olimpic boxing because their boxer were 25-26 y/o with lots of experience fighting against 17,18,19 kiids from other countries.
The same happens when they turn pro. People say they just turn pro. But they don't know the Cuban have over 100 amateur fights and the other guy has may be 10. Wait until you see them against real opponents. Again, May be 2 of them will be stars.
And Cuba olimpic dominance has gone wayyyy down lately!!!
Ricky369 is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #78
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky369 View Post
Let me explain and I hope you don't get offended. Cuba used to dominate olimpic boxing because their boxer were 25-26 y/o with lots of experience fighting against 17,18,19 kiids from other countries.
The same happens when they turn pro. People say they just turn pro. But they don't know the Cuban have over 100 amateur fights and the other guy has may be 10. Wait until you see them against real opponents. Again, May be 2 of them will be stars.
And Cuba olimpic dominance has gone wayyyy down lately!!!
You know I understand were you are coming from, But IL have disagree with you a bit there... people get the same impression you have because they usually hear about Cuban fighter when they are going for the second or third gold medals or silver or whatever, but what they forget is that they all won their first medals at a very young age,

Teofilo Stevenson won gold at 20
Guillermo Rigondeaux won gold at 19
Joel Casamayor won gold at 20
Emilio Correo won gold at 19
Jose Gomez won golf at 21
Ariel Hernandes won gold at 19
Juan Hernandes Perez won gold at 18
Angel Vera won gold at 18
Armando Martinez won at 19
Hector Vinent won at 19

and bunch of other that won between the age of 21 and 24

but I do understand what you are because since they can't turn pro they end up winning gold medals at the age of 26 or 28 so you do have a point aswell.
jaycuban is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 03:39 AM   #79
imp4pdabest

vCash:

Why do some of those Cubans wait so long to debut? Most of those dudes will only be in their physical primes as pros' for only bout 3-4 yrs
Old 03-10-2009, 07:09 AM   #80
Kid Cubano
Champion
East Side Guru

Cuba has been a major source of professional boxers even before Castro.. did u ever heard of Kid Chocolate,Kid Gavilan,Mantequilla Napoles,Kid Paret, etc...boxing like baseball is in every corner in Cuba...Cuba dominates olympics b/c there is a tradition and got talent,Cuba also has soccer players and basketball players above average age at the olympics but even a middle school team from Brazil will defeat Cuba because that is not our shit.
Kid Cubano is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #81
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp4pdabest View Post
Why do some of those Cubans wait so long to debut? Most of those dudes will only be in their physical primes as pros' for only bout 3-4 yrs
you are kiddin right? because Cuba is a communist country and the chance to flee hasn't come for many of them.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #82
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict

Heavyweight Mike Perez, Super Middleweight Luis Garcia and Bantam Alexei Acosta will fight on Saturday, April 18
jaycuban is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2009, 10:03 AM   #83
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

vCash: 174

Hey guys,

Not sure if you've gotten wind of this news on Rigondeaux yet
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #84
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycuban View Post
Heavyweight Mike Perez, Super Middleweight Luis Garcia and Bantam Alexei Acosta will fight on Saturday, April 18

sure will I'm flying over to watch them!

Hopefully something can be sorted out so people in america can see them because theyre all top class
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2009, 11:08 AM   #85
jaycuban
Cubans Do It Better !
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
Hey guys,

Not sure if you've gotten wind of this news on Rigondeaux yet
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
thats some fukked up news.
jaycuban is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2009, 11:26 AM   #86
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Deal with it outside of the ring, let Rigondeaux start his pro career!

I don't care who promotes him as long as the team works perfectly. Arena and Gamboa are great together, and Íner now has excellent connections with other promoters, Florida venues and bigtime US TVs. But if it's a co-promotion or a large sum to pay to the Irish guy, I don't care, just let this tremendous talent, 28, start his pro career for f*'s sake! Boycotting the debut is a disgraceful way to deal with the situation, whether this guy is right or wrong. Would you like to work with him if he was boycotting your pro debut in your new hometown and order to go and fight in Ireland?
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2009, 11:38 AM   #87
Ricky369
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by imp4pdabest View Post
Because they have to escape the country. Meaning you might never see your family again. And you never know what kind of punishment they might encounter for you escaping. But things are changing. Slowly but surely.
Ricky369 is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #88
Jetset78
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 3653

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Deal with it outside of the ring, let Rigondeaux start his pro career!

I don't care who promotes him as long as the team works perfectly. Arena and Gamboa are great together, and Íner now has excellent connections with other promoters, Florida venues and bigtime US TVs. But if it's a co-promotion or a large sum to pay to the Irish guy, I don't care, just let this tremendous talent, 28, start his pro career for f*'s sake! Boycotting the debut is a disgraceful way to deal with the situation, whether this guy is right or wrong. Would you like to work with him if he was boycotting your pro debut in your new hometown and order to go and fight in Ireland?
I know what you're saying but if Hyde has invested, put up money and signed a contract like he claims then he's entitled to promote him. Why should Arena be allowed to profit?

Whatever happens they need to sort it out. I can't wait to see the lad in action. Just hope he's as good as you guys are saying...
Jetset78 is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2009, 12:00 PM   #89
Paddy
ESB Founders Club
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Boycotting the debut is a disgraceful way to deal with the situation, whether this guy is right or wrong. Would you like to work with him if he was boycotting your pro debut in your new hometown and order to go and fight in Ireland?
the fact of the matter is Gary Hyde will not be bullied by these lads I dont know about you lads feel but its Rigondeaux own fault he should have stuck to his original agreement.

If Gary Hyde doesnt make a BIG point now it wont be long before other big promoters come in looking to sign Perez, Garcia and Acosta

I agree its a shame Rigondeaux is being held up over this but theres still something to be said for honouring a contract
Paddy is offline  Top
Old 03-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #90
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
the fact of the matter is Gary Hyde will not be bullied by these lads I dont know about you lads feel but its Rigondeaux own fault he should have stuck to his original agreement.

If Gary Hyde doesnt make a BIG point now it wont be long before other big promoters come in looking to sign Perez, Garcia and Acosta

I agree its a shame Rigondeaux is being held up over this but theres still something to be said for honouring a contract
IF Gary Hyde has a legitimate contract signed before Arena did.

BTW, did he try to contact Arena to sort things out?
BigBone is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum