Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 08-28-2007, 06:16 PM   #1
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842
Default Boxing on the way up?

With the success of the UFC, and the terrible superfight between Mayweather and De La Hoya, is it fair to say that Boxing is on the way up after the numerous fights we've seen proceed it.

Marquez Vs Vasquez 2 was great, as was Pavlik vs Miranda, and Judah vs Cotto.

With fights like Mayweather vs Hatton, Cotto vs Mosley, Pac Man vs Barrera, and Pavlik vs Taylor coming up, I feel that Boxing is redeeming itself.

Anyone agree?
Addie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #2
Marnoff
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxing on the way up?

Mayweather vs. De La Hoya wasn't terrible. People would have salivated over it if De La Hoya got the joke split decision.
Marnoff is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
Sonny's jab

vCash:

Mayweather vs. De La Hoya was terrible.

They both fought like pussies.

As a fight fan, I'd rather watch Holyfield-Savarese. People say old guys like that shouldn't be fighting. Maybe that's right, but they at least are prepared to put it on the line.
Floyd and Oscar looked like gay lovers in a ballroom dancing competition, to be honest.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:56 PM   #4
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny's jab

As a fight fan, I'd rather watch Holyfield-Savarese. People say old guys like that shouldn't be fighting. Maybe that's right, but they at least are prepared to put it on the line.
Floyd and Oscar looked like gay lovers in a ballroom dancing competition, to be honest.
You sound like a gay bitch lol...They are two BOXERS what the **** do you expect.... A BOXING MATCH...dumb ass cunts on here.
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #5
Quik
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Yea im happy with the season we are going to have in boxing and i really think boxing is going on the way up. Were gonna see on the years coming.
Quik is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 07:58 PM   #6
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Boxing definitely is coming back. I personally have lost interest over the last few years, but there is some pretty good fighters and fights emerging, and the networks dont have the luxury anymore of putting on BS fights. Boxing has always been cyclical, so it will always be around. As soon as more good fighters come onto the scene, the networks will always jump back in if there is money to be made.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 08:07 PM   #7
Heavyrighthand
Champion
East Side Guru

Boxing does seem to be slowly getting back on its feet.

But the mothership division, the heavies, need to put together a couple three unification fights, and then crown a unified champion...........that will start to really get boxing's heart pumping, again.
Heavyrighthand is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #8
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavyrighthand
Boxing does seem to be slowly getting back on its feet.

But the mothership division, the heavies, need to put together a couple three unification fights to really get boxing's heart pumping, again.
Here in the states, the biggest name in the divison is Holyfield followed far behind by Sam Peter. The division has a long way to go before its back on the world stage.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 08:21 PM   #9
Toopretty
Custom made
East Side VIP

Who cares about heavyweights half of them never could really box anyway..the ones that could were champions and dominated. The little guys show more power/skill etc etc...and are better to watch then two overgrown panting slow paced heavyweight fights...Tua/Ibeatahoochie fights come along once a millenium That was A ****ING FIGHT...
Toopretty is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 08:41 PM   #10
dave82
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

Hahaha that is a funny post. The Mayweather DLH fight was boring however it was to be expected given both their styles.
I believe its been an awesome year for boxing, can't wait till the Cotto Mosley fight
dave82 is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 08:44 PM   #11
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

As A Long Time Boxing Fan It Does Indeed Seem To Be On The Upswing
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 08:47 PM   #12
MagnificentMatt
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:

Personally, i think Holyfield does look great and would put him in a top 10 maybe even 5 heavyweight list....Compared to ****ing ruslan chagaev, valuev, and all them..Holy looks great..
MagnificentMatt is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 09:19 PM   #13
cuchulain
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnoff
Mayweather vs. De La Hoya wasn't terrible. People would have salivated over it if De La Hoya got the joke split decision.
That was a possibility. If one of the judges who had called round 12 for Myweather, had called it even, the result would have been a draw. If the same judge had called round 12 for Delahoya, he would have gotten the SD. Thus, the result hung on ONE judge's opinion of ONE round.

As it was, the fight WAS good and the result fair.

Re: original poster's contention that upcoming Hatton fight augurs well for boxing, I disagree. Hatton is a nice lad and a great success story, but any fights I've seen him fight (about ten in all) would lead me to believe he SHOULD be in UFC or some such form of combat. His boxing skill are minimal and he constantly results to throwing a punch and the grabbing and clinching. With proper officiating, Kostya would have prevailed in their bout.
cuchulain is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum