Old 03-17-2009, 03:26 AM   #106
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850
Default Re: Boxers Ahmed and Mohamed Elomar attack 'racist' rulings

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranser View Post
I WANT TO know though why is it bad for supporters to jump into the ring whilst the opponent is still down?? is it against the rules?
Great question, very deep. Here are a few more:
  1. Why aren't spectators allowed onto Flemington whilst the horses are thundering down the track during Melbourne Cup?
  2. Who said it was not on to jump in the pool between swimming events at the nationals?
  3. Why can spectators sit right on the white boundry line at the footy, damn that would be good.
  4. Why cant you run onto the basketball court and high five your favorite NBL player after an ally oop?
  5. Why is it not possible to go to a sports event and act like a normal sports enjoying fan rather than a ****wit and enter the arena provided for the athletes and carry on like a dickhead for a cause which is completely lost on the true sports fans?
  6. Who the **** knows?
I don't have all the answers to these.
Maybe I am to phylisophical or naive when it comes to the hard questions regarding sport.

boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2009, 04:08 AM   #107
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
There u go.

Decent lebs so far:
an ESB poster
A servo owner, his wife an 2 sons
My Chicken shop guy

Thats 6 so far.

Im sure there are more out there... they're just not the ones making noise. They dont go yelling out on the street corners that they're good people. They are unsung and do it by their actions.
My mate Bono is a Leb....took six wickets for our cricket team last Saturday...last 2 of the game clean bowled...would have got a hatrick if they had another batsman in the shed. 6/25
He had the opposition shitting their pants...
Future club champion in the making!
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2009, 06:34 AM   #108
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.
vCash: 1000

Quote:
I WANT TO know though why is it bad for supporters to jump into the ring whilst the opponent is still down?? is it against the rules?
Ranser... In all fairness mate, thats a ****ing stupid question. If a fighter is laying unconcious on the ring floor, members from both corners... Trainers and seconds, doctors and no one else need to be in the ring. Until the time a man has recorvered, or been removed to a more secure location, who the hell else needs to be in the ring?

I understand the excitement of fans, friends or associates... but fair dinkum, whats the use of a dozen people, of any race, bouncing around the ring while a fallen man is still laying prostate on the canvas??

Should any form of neck injury have ocurred, who is responsible of further damage??

Should the fallen fighter be kicked by an over zealos 'opposition supporter', who is responsible.

The ABF went through enough 'duty of care' discussion with the Elomartian fight. The supporters should have not entered the ring.... let alone the country.

With respect to Baha74, the dickheads (poor reps of the Leb race) involved had no place in the ring until the fallen fighter was in good hands. The same would go, if any other fighter was left in the same position....STAY OUT OF THE RING... unless you are a licenced Doc, Trainer, Second or Ref.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2009, 10:43 AM   #109
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Either you have no common sense or you are seriously on the wind-up. So which one is it ? Kickett had been sparked senseless by a one in a thousand punch and was lying helpless on the canvas then Elomar's entourage of approx 10 men come storming into the ring thinking they are doing the running of the bulls in the streets of Pomplona Spain. It was a disgusting display of bad sportsmanship.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2009, 05:54 PM   #110
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Apart from this event, I think it is long past time that International boxing rules are amended to comply with EVERY other sport & enforce ticketed only personnel in the ring. & a limit to tickets issued.

How many times have we seen the ring with people packed in like sardines.
Little kids being squashed & jostled by oafs more intent on getting their heads on TV than anything else.

One of these days the ring is going to collapse & the lawyers will land on the sagging rings ropes like vultures. Then we'll get the ****en message.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2009, 08:11 PM   #111
baha74
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

TOTALLY agree flamengo.

There's plenty of time to celebrate later. The amount of macho BS spewing from the hangars strutting around in the ring that try to act all tough is just pathetic. Celebrate in the crowd, jump and down but noooooo, let's get our face on tv bro and act all tough and shit ule.

The entourage thing happens in the states and other places too. It's all about show and appearances but I think the harder you try (tryhard), the more pathetic you look. Nothing like being humble and sporting.

(BTW mate, prostrate not prostate )
baha74 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2009, 09:40 PM   #112
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Apart from this event, I think it is long past time that International boxing rules are amended to comply with EVERY other sport & enforce ticketed only personnel in the ring. & a limit to tickets issued.

How many times have we seen the ring with people packed in like sardines.
Little kids being squashed & jostled by oafs more intent on getting their heads on TV than anything else.

One of these days the ring is going to collapse & the lawyers will land on the sagging rings ropes like vultures. Then we'll get the ****en message.
didnt the ring collapse when mundine ko'd soliman and people spewed into the ring?
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #113
daz52
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1195

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiflers mum View Post
didnt the ring collapse when mundine ko'd soliman and people spewed into the ring?
haha yep even paul briggs said i think theres enuf people in that ring.. its ridiculous.
daz52 is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2009, 01:26 AM   #114
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
Either you have no common sense or you are seriously on the wind-up. So which one is it ? Kickett had been sparked senseless by a one in a thousand punch and was lying helpless on the canvas then Elomar's entourage of approx 10 men come storming into the ring thinking they are doing the running of the bulls in the streets of Pomplona Spain. It was a disgusting display of bad sportsmanship.
forget it.

Last edited by ranser; 03-18-2009 at 01:44 AM.
ranser is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2009, 02:02 AM   #115
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:

I was a bit vague there, I meant when those huge crowds with little kids in there, & that one of them would get seriously hurt.
Cheers
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2009, 04:41 AM   #116
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by baha74 View Post
TOTALLY agree flamengo.

There's plenty of time to celebrate later. The amount of macho BS spewing from the hangars strutting around in the ring that try to act all tough is just pathetic. Celebrate in the crowd, jump and down but noooooo, let's get our face on tv bro and act all tough and shit ule.

The entourage thing happens in the states and other places too. It's all about show and appearances but I think the harder you try (tryhard), the more pathetic you look. Nothing like being humble and sporting.

(BTW mate, prostrate not prostate )
Nah mate... he was lying prostate in the ring... one of the supporters stole the extra 'r' and threw at the crowd.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 AM   #117
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Sammy was concious... mobile and ok. There's a difference. Point taken though.. too often theres a ridiculous amount of heads in the ring post fight.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2009, 03:53 PM   #118
baha74
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

baha74 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum