Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #31
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394
Default Re: Green Lost... Mundine Lost..

Haha a few too many and I'll start making colourful Ashley-esque posts :P Regarding the fight, Gomez is going to give VK hell and will be one of his hardest fights but in the end the Winning factor will be VK's height advantage and there will be either a very late KO or a close points victory for VK
Hmmm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #32
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.
vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
Haha a few too many and I'll start making colourful Ashley-esque posts :P Regarding the fight, Gomez is going to give VK hell and will be one of his hardest fights but in the end the Winning factor will be VK's height advantage and there will be either a very late KO or a close points victory for VK
Mate... a can and 1/2 left.. is the fight an hour away?
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2009, 04:59 PM   #33
Rodin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
OK... Just a hypothetical. The next 12 months has 2 certainties. Green will fight bums, whilst waiting to sign up for a second shut down at the hands of Mundine.

Mundine will most likely do the same... the squabbling will continue.. big names being thrashed about, with little of circumstance at the end of it.

Green, it can only be imagined, must fight shit can after shit can... as the $$$ involved in Mundine II will not be available for Danny anywhere else. Everything must remain low risk.. and the paying audience will be made of the 'DANNY DIE HARDS'.. as no one gives a shit about seeing a former champ fight shit cans.

Mundine will have the oportunity to take Geales IBO M/W belt soon. Feelings suggest, for Mundine.. this will become his greatest M/W prize, as he'll move up to SM/W, fighting leftovers enroute to Green II at LH/W. The fight promotions will be successful, as unlike Green... everyone is willing to pay for the chance to see Mundine put to sleep by a shit can.

My question....

What happens if Green is dismantled/injured badly enroute to Mundine II???

What happens if Geale or another, wipe the floor with Mundines bottom lip in the next 12 months??

The $$$$ in Greens eyes are based on Mundine II, and Mundine love or hate him, is the $$$ drawcard. So.. should either of these two men be beaten in the next 12 months, whats the actual value of the Green/Mundine II fight?????

Ever since Choc dragged Darren Obah out of retirement & bought his almost relinquished title, the bell started ringing, & it hasn't stopped.

Anthony is an entertainer & boxing is his format.

As P.T. Barnum once said, "I am a showman by profession...and all the gilding shall make nothing else of me.",, & nothings changed.

He is & always will be a wasted impatient stunted career athelete-cum-showman, albeit, a wealthy one.
Rodin is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2009, 08:23 PM   #34
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
Ever since Choc dragged Darren Obah out of retirement & bought his almost relinquished title, the bell started ringing, & it hasn't stopped.

Anthony is an entertainer & boxing is his format.

As P.T. Barnum once said, "I am a showman by profession...and all the gilding shall make nothing else of me.",, & nothings changed.

He is & always will be a wasted impatient stunted career athelete-cum-showman, albeit, a wealthy one.
Rodin... PT Barnum also said "Without promotion, something terrible happens..... Nothing"

I think Khodder may have said "With promotion, something terrible happens.... Nothing"
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2009, 09:11 PM   #35
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm View Post
Since Im in europe i'll probably settle down later tonight to watch the Klitschko fight on Free regular TV with a nice 15 Y.O
pecks is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2009, 10:23 PM   #36
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I was a Green fan as well, but he has made it clear when he was commentating the other week all he did was mention the coin and has no thoughts at all about going for a title, all i hope for now is he gets a serious injury in training so he is forced to retire before the Mundine circus fight, basicaly he can just go **** himself i'd never pay too see him fight these stiffs.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #37
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemfr View Post
....all he did was mention the coin and has no thoughts at all about going for a title....
Green: Retired for all the right reasons....came back for all the wrong reasons...and I reckon it'll show when the going gets tough.

Mundine was quoted the other day in FIST magazine saying that he's a middleweight now and intends to be for the next 2 to 3 years...oh yeah Anthony, oh yeah!
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2009, 09:38 PM   #38
twoohands
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

this thread lost credability as soon as everybody started using ye & thou
twoohands is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #39
Bognashavin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Since whence dost a returneth to the ways of old maketh a shit thread? Methinks thou dost fail in thine comprehension and seeks to blameth the thread. A pox on your lamenting!
Bognashavin is offline  Top
Old 03-22-2009, 11:29 PM   #40
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamengo View Post
The $$$$ in Greens eyes are based on Mundine II, and Mundine love or hate him, is the $$$ drawcard.
Funny how the general consensus ever since Green came out of retirement is that Green needs Mundine, while beforehand it was a case of Mundine needs Green...

Does everyone forget it was Mundine who was chasing Green the whole time Green was retired, and it was Mundine who has been on the road of least resistance ever since he fought Green? (apart from Soliman, who he fought twice and really only needed to fight once).
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2009, 01:21 AM   #41
SexualPanda
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post
Funny how the general consensus ever since Green came out of retirement is that Green needs Mundine, while beforehand it was a case of Mundine needs Green...
Why don't we just all agree that they both need each other and leave it at that. At the end of the day they are both pieces of sh1t and a total disgrace to Australian boxing.
SexualPanda is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2009, 01:31 AM   #42
twoohands
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bognashavin View Post
Since whence dost a returneth to the ways of old maketh a shit thread? Methinks thou dost fail in thine comprehension and seeks to blameth the thread. A pox on your lamenting!

lamest post i have ever seen on this boxing forum
twoohands is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2009, 06:23 AM   #43
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bognashavin View Post
T'was very, very late after many bourbans that Ash and myself bantered on, making the thread reading painful...

Have to say, Im sober now and cracked up with your shakespearean words Bog. 10 points.

Brilliant mate.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2009, 06:40 AM   #44
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrnBruMan View Post

Does everyone forget it was Mundine who was chasing Green the whole time Green was retired, and it was Mundine who has been on the road of least resistance ever since he fought Green? (apart from Soliman, who he fought twice and really only needed to fight once).
Mundine needed the Green name on his list a few years ago.... the interserest was amazing... deservedly so. A wild guess would suggest, 70% of punters lost their hard earned $$ that night.

If this proposed fight eventuates in the next 12 months, I wonder how many of the same, will back their hard earned $$ the same way??

No doubt, another easy pay-day will arrive for Mundine, should he tackle Green again. Should this fight be a PPV, legitimately??? No. Its a basic undercard battle. If Mundine gained a level of credibility over the last 3 fights, then Green would be forced to work harder to meet Mundine again.
The reason for this thread, is to consider the ups-downs of this 'potential' fight.. and the reasons for it.. Its current value is limited to intrigue on a personal level.

IBM... make no mistake, Green needs Mundine this time around. SIMPLE.
Mundine can very easily fight another 24 months, achieving little in terms of credibility..

Green can not do the same. His PPV career is limited to the next loss.
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #45
Bognashavin
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoohands View Post
lamest post i have ever seen on this boxing forum
Oh sorry I'll just trot off somewherer else then shall I? Wouldn't want to belmish your pearls of wisdom.
Bognashavin is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum