Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 08-28-2007, 01:11 PM   #106
My dinner with Conteh
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Holmes's Title Opposition, as shit as they say???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1234
But Larry was in a combo contract for Frazier and Frank. He signed to fight both of them before the Page fight was brought up.

...on the proviso he met Page afterwards. They announced a week before the Frazier fight that he merely had to 'sign' to fight Page, has this sunk in 'Goldfish'? To sign. Not fight the week after. SIGN SIGN ****ING SIGN.
My dinner with Conteh is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2007, 02:44 PM   #107
ChrisPontius
March 8th, 1971
East Side Guru

vCash: 238

Quote:
Then why don't you mention it?
I don't understand your question.
ChrisPontius is offline  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 02:48 PM   #108
Bill1234
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by My dinner with Conteh
It took The Mallard eight years for it to sink in? His seventh grade education really did let him down then.

You just believe what Larry says, how about reading up on other sources, goldfish.

No, thats when Larry knew he could make just as much money on his own. And also, wouldn't you say Larry knows better than anyone else about his troubles with King?
Bill1234 is online now  Top
Old 08-28-2007, 05:18 PM   #109
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

i wouldn't say cooney, smith, witherspoon, norton, shavers, leon spinks, berbick Renaldo Snipes and a few others I forget were bums. those guys would have reigned supreme in todays HWD

Holmes proved himself to be great on the road to winning the title by beating the likes of roy williams, earnie shavers, norton with 1 arm. cooney is now as underated as he was overated before he lost to spinks and holmes

Gerry was good and very dangerous when he fought holmes. he just wasn't at holmes level of greatness

What about a 40 plus year old holmes pushing evander holyfield and oliver mcall mccall close. what about the win over mercer. he was a quality fighter as holyfield and lewis will attest
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 01:06 AM   #110
AnthonyJ74
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGEREDGE
i wouldn't say cooney, smith, witherspoon, norton, shavers, leon spinks, berbick Renaldo Snipes and a few others I forget were bums. those guys would have reigned supreme in todays HWD

Holmes proved himself to be great on the road to winning the title by beating the likes of roy williams, earnie shavers, norton with 1 arm. cooney is now as underated as he was overated before he lost to spinks and holmes

Gerry was good and very dangerous when he fought holmes. he just wasn't at holmes level of greatness

What about a 40 plus year old holmes pushing evander holyfield and oliver mcall mccall close. what about the win over mercer. he was a quality fighter as holyfield and lewis will attest
He was a quality fighter; I totally agree with you. But he was also a fighter who, for the last few years of his title reign, avoided the better fighters in favor of the easier marks.
AnthonyJ74 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 04:49 AM   #111
JohnThomas1
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Then why don't you mention it?
He did mention it for gods sake, it's exactly what he said!! You need to read things a few times, let it sink in and then post Bill.
JohnThomas1 is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 PM   #112
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJ74
He was a quality fighter; I totally agree with you. But he was also a fighter who, for the last few years of his title reign, avoided the better fighters in favor of the easier marks.
which heavyweight champion ever chose the hard route. Ali never fought the best contendors during his final years. holmes and foreman were left out of the picture.

don't get me wrong shavers, lyle, norton (who beat ali 3rd time no doubt) and a few other were very worthy. there was better around

Holmes resume on the way to the title was better most other hw champions
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum