Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 06-22-2007, 09:36 AM   #31
Machiavelli
The White Lion
ESB Jr Member

Location: The wise man does at once what the fool does finally.
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fighting Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexIMP
I missed that, did you say you are from NC? What part? I'm in Apex just started boxing out of Raleigh at NBS Gym.
Boxed and lived in the Fayetteville/Ft. Bragg area. Boxing out here is a lot more prominent, man, real talk.
Machiavelli is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #32
Machiavelli
The White Lion
ESB Jr Member

Location: The wise man does at once what the fool does finally.

First and foremost, let me say, injuries suck dick.

It was an RSC in the third round due to a separated shoulder I suffered half way through the second round. It literally popped out on me, but I guess my pride or stupidity wouldn't let me stop. The ref gave me a ****ing standing 8 even though my opponent was on the other side of the ring, and even had the audacity to ask if I wanted to stop.

Between rounds my coach asked about it, and kept asking if I wanted to stop. Obviously, my answer was a resounding "**** no!" over and over again, even though my right was practically numb.

Go out for the fourth, and was scoring pretty well with my jab and landed a few good counter left uppercuts inside of his jab, then the ref just jumps in and stops it. Needless to say, I was a LITTLE pissed.

After the fight, the doctor checks my shoulder, says I should get it x-rayed so on and so forth. Later I found out I was ahead pretty clearly on all the scorecards when the ****ing fight was stopped. I could've danced around for a minute and been alright, but I guess they were just worried about my shoulder. Oh well, shit happens.

Felt pretty good until my shoulder gave out on me. I started a little wild, as it was my first fight in a while, but I got everything under control, and I feel like I did some good inside work. I feel really strong at this weight, as everything I threw with any conviction made him shell up, and tentative to throw any shots at me. I could've worked off the jab more, but I guess I WANTED to draw him into a fight, so I could see how hard I could bang at this lower weight.

I'll be getting a rematch as soon as I get done rehabbing this shoulder.
Machiavelli is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #33
Dennis
Gym Rat
ESB Jr Member

The ref did a good job in stopping it judging from your story. You could've been hurt bad if he let it continue. At least you know for yourself you could have won the fight. **** him up in the rematch.
Dennis is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #34
itliangladiator
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Sucks about the shoulder...but nothing u could have done about it. How long do they think you will be out for? They probably don't even want you to shadowbox do they?
itliangladiator is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:10 AM   #35
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machiavelli
I could've danced around for a minute and been alright, but I guess they were just worried about my shoulder. Oh well, shit happens.
Right there is some valuable experience that you picked up.

Maybe you'll remember this day when if it happens in the pros and you fight smart until you get the W!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 11:11 AM   #36
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakim
Fortune favours the brave.
I like.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top