Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-08-2009, 04:29 AM   #166
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I'm gutted !!

I was gonna do a lucky 15 yesterday on draws right across the board in Champons League.

I'd already be about 50% up with 2 games to come tonight
Grant1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2009, 04:44 AM   #167
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I think Barca would **** that one up for you anyway. Bayern are horrible.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 04:52 AM   #168
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I think Barca would **** that one up for you anyway. Bayern are horrible.
yeah i know that, but Liverpool Chelsea is a distinct chance of a draw which would add a single, 2 doubles and a treble to my 'winnings' already.

two draws tonight and i'm going to be crying.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 04:58 AM   #169
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I bet on Boxing and the NRL in Aussie .... get some good returns made some good money last year but this year the form book has been thrown outta the window so showing a loss .... but Canberra Raiders to win at the Sharks this weekend is a good bet !

Boxing showing very good profits - Had big big winners on Monroe , Vitali 4/6 v Peter which was a laydown bet .... and JMM v Diaz .... and for all you boxing punters always look at Bet365 they are a top bookie and give best odds and do draw no bet ... had a double on Chris John and JMM and thought my bet was down as John drew but much to my surprise when i logged on had 672 there in my account as the John fight was classified as a non runner .... happy days or what !
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 05:06 AM   #170
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

My activity level has been pretty low the past couple of weeks, bar betting Leeds to beat MK Dons.

I have 5 on Australia to win the ODI series's with both SA & ****stan..... need Ponting to start scoring and the bowlers to take some wickets otherwise it looks like a loser to me!
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 05:08 AM   #171
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
My activity level has been pretty low the past couple of weeks, bar betting Leeds to beat MK Dons.

I have 5 on Australia to win the ODI series's with both SA & ****stan..... need Ponting to start scoring and the bowlers to take some wickets otherwise it looks like a loser to me!
Think the Aussies are up against it that new quickie for SA look very good the left armer Parnell .... superb performance over the weekend . Aussies look in rebuilding mode but will still stuff us in the Ashes im afraid to say !
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 05:13 AM   #172
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

I'm not convinced they'll beat England if England get their selections right. It is pretty evenly matched. The Australian batsman are more frail than times previously, they've been bundled out a few times now. And really...apart from Johnson the bowling does not scare anybody. Siddle is okay, McDonald is accurate but not threatening, Hilfenhaus has had a tough start to test cricket and no real spinner to speak of.

Should be a good series.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 05:21 AM   #173
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

From a man from Reykjavik your cricket knowledge is A+ .... but theres a certain Brett Lee and Stuart Clarke to come back firing ... and if Tait can regain his form he will be a danger too ...admit spinners they have none whatsover and England have two very good ones in Swann and Monty but will England prepare turning wickets ? NO we wont cos its just not cricket !
Think Englands batting line up is weak ... Freddies a top class fast bowler but hes no top allrounder and they insist on putting him in at 6 ... he should be 7 max with 6 top class batsman b4 him .... IMO Broads a better bat than Freddie ....
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 05:22 AM   #174
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

That's the thing..... England rarely have the guts to make the correct calls, instead preferring horses for courses selection.

The Aussies will have Lee back in the side, who is obviously far better than McDonald or Hilfenhaus...... plus Symonds and Watson will be in the mix as well.

England's bowlers aren't good enough to bowl a top batting side out twice, they struggled badly against in all honesty a weakass Windies team (Gayle, Sarwan and Chanderpaul apart)......

3-1 Australia.
Old 04-08-2009, 05:24 AM   #175
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Agree Beeston .... my moneys on the Aussies ! on this occasion i hope i lose but were making a few quids concerned theres no heart felt decisions ....

A mate of mine is plowing into the Aussies hes investing all winning from his bets back onto the Aussies ... and he knows his cricket ....
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 05:27 AM   #176
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Lee has had a serious injury and seems to have lost the plot recently. He has a poor record against England anyway.

Clark is obviously a good bowler, and he's getting some practice in England. I forgot about him.

I think England will produce the same wickets they always do, engineered to last 5 days and rake in the money. That brings the spinners into play, England have a distinct advantage here, especially having seen the Australians struggle with Paul Harris! It was a big mistake to take Old Trafford off the schedule, this was a big chance for an England win IMO.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 05:34 AM   #177
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

England selectors need to have the gonads to make bold decisions .... Out go Harmison , Prior , Bell(possibly) and Anderson .... in comes Key as skipper , Davies or Ambrose , Jones is a must selection and maybe a recall for Hoggy ..... we also need to persist with Shah and maybe give a run to Bopara ...

I personally think Strauss hasnt got the personality for skipper hes way too cautious and has been found wanting this series against windies but his batting has been superb ... Key is worth another go ! hes talented and a brilliant skipper ....

And the KP situation needs sorting he seems a right drama queen hes our best player but hes like a spoilt child ... the skipper should tell him to STFU ...
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 05:38 AM   #178
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

I agree with your outs.

There is no problem with Prior's batting, he's very good, but he just sucks at keeping and that is his primary role. You can't afford to drop Ponting on 0 and he goes onto get 150. I remember him dropping Chanderpaul and he got a big score. It by far outweights getting a 50 as a batsman. And all those ****in byes

Harmison and Bell have no balls. They can't be relied upon under big pressure.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 05:45 AM   #179
mryeags
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Harmy is just a waste of talent ...when he tore throo an albeit poor WI side taking 7-12 he had pace and fire ...put the ball in the right place and looked a future world star .... but ever since that tour hes looked disinterested saying he doesnt wanna tour he comes on as second or third change bowler and I bowl quicker than he does ...well not really !

The skipper should really be saying right harmys in the team theres the new ball bowl fast n straight and aggresive ... but no we have Anderson and Sidebottom who are at best first change bowlers with the new ball ... I have to admit though Sidebottom did do very well when first on the scene .... we need pace n aggresion aka Freddie n Jones at the start of the innings then when the balls a bit older get Sidebottom and Broad moving it around .... As a cricket side were not aggresive enuff ... look at the Aussies of old and Gayle for the WI to name but two there positive cricketers - we are negative from the start !
mryeags is offline  Top
Old 04-08-2009, 06:48 AM   #180
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

I'd have Prior out...... I don't think he is mentally tough enough to succeed against Australia, replace him with Foster.

Panesar out in favour of Swann, and Key in for Bell/Shah at #3. Basically, this is it.....

Strauss (c)
Cook
Key
Pietersen
Collingwood
Broad
Foster
Rashid
Swann
Flintoff
Anderson