Old 08-30-2007, 09:35 PM   #61
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The Great Andrew Johns Not So Great

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
Yeah of course but least he had the guts to come out and come clean he cover up anything like 99% of them would have. fame and power mate at a young age kills any champion and i dont care who you are when you young and are promised the world and you dont have anyone to watch over you then all hell can fall upon you.

This just shows even the best are human but saying he made a mistake is crap he made MANY for 10 years. So this isn't a mistake it was a way of life and thats the problem in that interview is they are acting like it was just a mistake but a mistake is bumping into someone on the street not taking drugs for 10 years
Seriously mate, you are voicing a lot of opinions here that you obviously know very little about, and to be perfectly honest it makes you sound pretty silly. GO READ ABOUT IT FIRST. Some non biased research as well. Wikipedia is good because it is a collaberation of research, not just rubbish trying to push the anti drugs message. Books or articles by independant researchers are great because they don't have a hidden agenda usually. merely to present the actual facts. This whole thing is a farce. Joey did it because he wanted to get loose and have a good time. No other reason. The reason he is now shooting for the sympathy vote is because otherwise the media would make an example out of him by practically crucifying the poor bloke over something that really is a VERY MINOR OFFENCE.
MSTR is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2007, 11:19 PM   #62
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

So we all agree Andrew Johns is a ****head who probably cheated his way to the 97 grandfinal victory?
teke is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2007, 11:21 PM   #63
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke
So we all agree Andrew Johns is a ****head who probably cheated his way to the 97 grandfinal victory?
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2007, 11:22 PM   #64
IrnBruMan
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1325

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Seriously mate, you are voicing a lot of opinions here that you obviously know very little about, and to be perfectly honest it makes you sound pretty silly. GO READ ABOUT IT FIRST. Some non biased research as well. Wikipedia is good because it is a collaberation of research, not just rubbish trying to push the anti drugs message. Books or articles by independant researchers are great because they don't have a hidden agenda usually. merely to present the actual facts. This whole thing is a farce. Joey did it because he wanted to get loose and have a good time. No other reason. The reason he is now shooting for the sympathy vote is because otherwise the media would make an example out of him by practically crucifying the poor bloke over something that really is a VERY MINOR OFFENCE.
That's right, the interview and confession was all about damage control - shock everybody straight up by admitting using it for so long, then throw in mention of his apparent medical condition, and pressures of life, and let the public join the dots and feel sorry for him. Throw in a couple of emotional testimonials from his brother and ex-team mate and you've convinced the majority of viewers he was really struggling with an addiction and has now faced up to it and will change his ways.

I just saw it on the news and they were interviewing Newcastle fans and they're all talking about him as a hero for admitting his mistakes and facing up to it on national TV.

Very clever PR.
IrnBruMan is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2007, 11:23 PM   #65
Dekkers
Team Bergeron
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
****head or cokehead
Dekkers is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2007, 11:23 PM   #66
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

NO!!
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2007, 05:06 AM   #67
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekkers
****head or cokehead

both id say
teke is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2007, 05:55 AM   #68
EelsRule
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

MSTR..."Wikipedia is good..."
man you are flying!!! Come back out of the clouds my friend. That is the comment of a spaced out individual. Look, you will get a lot of support from your doping mates on here about this because no doubt you all enjoy what you do. But dude, the logic and the doctors agree. Your a twit.
And before you go on with any more of your "most of Australia" logic drink some water (but not too much) come back to reality and realise that it is simply the party drug crowd you hang with. Not "most of Australia".
Boxing Banker, who is a our resident doc and has tried the odd pill by his own admission, will provide you with some insight. Stay away from Wikipedia and your party drug crowd for your info and go talk to some doctors.
EelsRule is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2007, 03:14 PM   #69
jahobe
Journeyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
man you are flying!!! Come back out of the clouds my friend. That is the comment of a spaced out individual. Look, you will get a lot of support from your doping mates on here about this because no doubt you all enjoy what you do. But dude, the logic and the doctors agree. Your a twit.
And before you go on with any more of your "most of Australia" logic drink some water (but not too much) come back to reality and realise that it is simply the party drug crowd you hang with. Not "most of Australia".
Boxing Banker, who is a our resident doc and has tried the odd pill by his own admission, will provide you with some insight. Stay away from Wikipedia and your party drug crowd for your info and go talk to some doctors.

yeh the truth is that most of australia is on that legal drug called alcohol which is the dirtiest most destructive drug out there, and dickhead the "reality" is that the majority of people who choose to take "party drugs" do it knowing the risks and take care when doing it, and when it comes to ecstacy you will find that a doctor can not give u a definite response when it comes to the side effects and long term effects because every pill is different and if you are smart and actually want to take care of your self the best bet is wikipedia and other objective sources rather than a doctor who will just spew negative crap about holes forming in your brain etc.

i took "party drugs" in moderation for 7 years and i had some of the best experiences ever, met some good friends and finished my degree in the middle of it all, and the best part was that after having my first pill, i never set foot in to a pub/bar or alcohol fueled environment ever since.

If Joey was playing like he was partially under the influence of ecstacy.. playing the best football in the world i hope the dragons take notice, score some good pills, win a few more games next year and.. reach for the lasers. haha

poor joey
jahobe is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2007, 07:44 PM   #70
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EelsRule
You would have to be the biggest clown on these boards. I also said I read two books about it as well. I guess thats a bit out of your league though, conisdering it involves READING. Do everyone a favour and punch yourself in the face. You thoroughly deserve it. The average 11 year old has more intelligence than you. Not to mention more social awareness.

Last edited by MSTR; 09-01-2007 at 12:11 AM.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2007, 11:23 PM   #71
stiflers mum
Gartlett nuthugger #1
East Side Guru

vCash: 700

andrew johns is an adult who is simply doing something though illegal many in society do.feel sorry for his kid as he Will be teased by other kids whose parents with no public profile probably do as well.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 12:11 AM   #72
MSTR
More Speed Than Roy!!!!!
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bort
andrew johns is an adult who is simply doing something though illegal many in society do.feel sorry for his kid as he Will be teased by other kids whose parents with no public profile probably do as well.
Good point. It would be very humiliating for his kid, and would really be destroying his family life. The media just want to make a scandal regardless. The whole thing never should have got this far.
MSTR is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 12:16 AM   #73
Dr Gonzo
Yo! Molesta La Breastas!
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTR
Good point. It would be very humiliating for his kid, and would really be destroying his family life. The media just want to make a scandal regardless. The whole thing never should have got this far.
i blame the whole thing on Danny Weidler - i blame that miserable blood sucking parasite for everything
Dr Gonzo is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2007, 12:54 AM   #74
ozziebattler
Shadow Boxer
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_banker
i blame the whole thing on Danny Weidler - i blame that miserable blood sucking parasite for everything
Danny weidler seems to be involved with everything bad at the moment.Always see the ugly ginger bastard in the background of players tryn to get way from the paparrazzi.

Poor joey takes a few pills and gets made to look like a bad person.

Come to my housing commission block and you will see some real shit..

Proper scumbag druggies.
ozziebattler is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum