Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 06-24-2007, 01:11 AM   #16
Caper
How about a fair shake?
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Hatton haters-stop the bullshit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabby Gut
What is there not to like? The man gets the job done everytime he goes in there. He can box or brawl. He's always in shape and always gives maximum effort. Ricky Hatton is one of the best sweet science practitioners on the planet right now. He is fun to watch. Hatton-Cotto would be one of the greatest fights of all-time. I hope it happens!

Ricky's a great fighter...strong, determined, energetic but there's nothing sweet about his science. He holds way to much, its reality folks. I have never seen Ricky put together a combo without clinching right after. His style is effective but far from eye pleasing. Good win for Hatton though nice name on the record.
Caper is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2007, 01:30 AM   #17
oblate
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

i don't take anything away from hatton he won it period but for me he is super boring to watch with all the clinching.
oblate is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 04:38 AM   #18
errsta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 181

If hatton was an american, he'd be praised and called a "throwback fighter".

Euro champs are trashed, usually rightfully so, for their unwillingness to fight here in the U.S.

Hatton did cross the pond to test his mettle, and has had his hand raised every time. Sure, it wasn't pretty the first couple of times, but in his big fight, he delivered....
errsta is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 04:49 AM   #19
Lance_Uppercut
ESKIMO
East Side VIP

Who really gives a shit about he clinches if both guys are still punching? It's not like he grabs and hold em ala' Ruiz.
Lance_Uppercut is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 04:51 AM   #20
errsta
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
Who really gives a shit about he clinches if both guys are still punching? It's not like he grabs and hold em ala' Ruiz.
exactly. As long as he's still punching, I'm not too bent about it...especially when he does it against a proven inside fighter like Castillo.
errsta is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 06:03 AM   #21
JV28
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

If Hatton is boring then Cory Spinks is nonexistent.
JV28 is online now  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:24 PM   #22
JohnXVI
Journeyman

vCash: 384

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance_Uppercut
I agree 100% wil Lance here. This fight was very enjoyable as both fighters were throwing punches at a steady pace. Hatton won it fair and square. As for Castillo, the clock is ticking.
JohnXVI is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:36 PM   #23
Antwuan Maxx
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabby Gut
I agree with you that Cotto would beat Hatton if they ever fight. I don't really get into hyperbole like Cotto would "wear his skin" etc. He is just a better fighter and the bigger, stronger man. It would be a great promotion because these are classy guys. There would not be any idiotic trashtalking from either man. The fight would be good for boxing, the fans, the fighters, etc. Most importantly, it would be the fight of the year. I see Cotto winning by a UD or possibly a late stoppage. It is the kind of fight that would add to both men's reputations rather than detract from them like the disappointing Del La Hoya-Maywhether bore. Cotto-Hatton does not need any 24/7 because the fighters styles speak for themselves.
No, it wouldn't be. Ricky Hatton will NEVER been in a fight of the year type battle due to his holding and clinching.
Antwuan Maxx is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:43 PM   #24
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Dont see the problem, id rather see holding than running.
Charles187 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:44 PM   #25
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

On boxrec Hatton is now number 4 p4p - interesting.
Old 06-24-2007, 12:46 PM   #26
codeman99998
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I don't get it...

Like, 90% of the people here are all accolades for Hatton and at the same time they are complaining that he isn't getting any credit...

90% are complaining that 10% aren't giving him the proper credit, the problem is, the 90% are framing it like they are the minority. It seems like most of the people agree that Hatton is a world class fighter who beat a very good opponent. What's the controversy?
codeman99998 is offline  Top
Old 06-24-2007, 12:51 PM   #27
Charles187
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman99998
I don't get it...

Like, 90% of the people here are all accolades for Hatton and at the same time they are complaining that he isn't getting any credit...

90% are complaining that 10% aren't giving him the proper credit, the problem is, the 90% are framing it like they are the minority. It seems like most of the people agree that Hatton is a world class fighter who beat a very good opponent. What's the controversy?
Thats too much maths for me. Anyone got a calculator??
Old 06-24-2007, 01:11 PM   #28
Lar Janus
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I like Ricky Hatton, think he's a stand-up guy, trains his ass off, shows much love to his fans, is pretty clever, and respectful. That said, its hard to overlook his grappling style of boxing (in his two biggest fights, KT & JLC) and the FACT that he's gotten favorable treatment from the refs in BOTH of the above-mentioned fights.

I was VERY disappointed w/last night's fight! JLC looked a little wobbly, the first couple of rounds, but when he DOES start working his way into the fight, in the third, Joe "I'm fair but firm" [BULLSHIT!] Cortez--after having said in front of EVERYONE that Hatton's shorts were high--starts warning JLC for phantom low blows! There were shades of Manchester and KT, when Hatton looked over at Cortez, after getting hit with a shot clearly NOT low, as if to say, "Hey, mate, you're not gonna let him hit me with body shots, are you?" . Then, at the beginning of the fourth he IMMEDIATELY deducts a point for a shot that wasn't even close to being low! Hatton, meanwhile, contrary to BOXING rules, uses non-stop grappling to maul JLC--with ZERO warnings from Joe "I'm a tool" Cortez. So, we have a fight where one fighter (JLC) is not allowed to throw body-shots, while the other can hold/hit, at will.

I think JLC knew the 'fix' was in, and that he was gonna get DQ'd, if he tried to work the body--which HAD to be a big part of his game plan. I believe Hatton landed a great body shot, but that JLC just stayed down. I hate to see that, and even SAY it, but the bias was unmistakable. Boxing is getting to be as bad as pro-wrestling. It's getting harder and harder to support it, and I've lost a TON of respect (like it HAD much left, anyways!) for the sport with shit like PBF/DLH, Spinks/JT, and, now, Hatton/JLC.

For the Hatton fans: again, don't get me wrong, nothing against Hatton--he's just maximizing the advantages he's being given--he's a class act, outside the ring, and does what he has to, to win, inside. Its just a side effect of the crookedness of the sanctioning bodies, networks, promoters, judges, and referees--that have become the norm in boxing.
Lar Janus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum